Fiio X5 - Custom/Modded firmwares
May 8, 2015 at 4:55 PM Post #2,191 of 2,614
X5 classic looks great but some chinese fonts are not showing on some songs replaced by boxes but was showing on H_U_D. 

H_U_D uses the default fonts from FiiO that were too thin to read well with X5_Classic. The font I used for X5_Classic apparently doesn't have all the characters so my apologies. I never thought a font would be the achilles heel of a theme but this one is maddening.

I can upload a version with the default font as well. Give me some time as I'm not near my computer now.

May 8, 2015 at 10:15 PM Post #2,192 of 2,614

Relic...
Launcher is cool as hell.

Would you be so kind as to do one of your videos of this new Mod from Relic?
Pretty Please? It doesn't have to be a full review.....

May 8, 2015 at 10:27 PM Post #2,193 of 2,614

Would you be so kind as to do one of your videos of this new Mod from Relic?
Pretty Please? It doesn't have to be a full review.....

I will be doing a "5 themes in 5 minutes" video.

1 of mine and 4 others.
@x RELIC x
@AsianInvasion

or any other 2.5 fw requested.  The vids will be done showing launcher/playing/no album art/EQ/sys sett/fast picking
If the 2 modders above are o.k.they can like this post as approval of the vid taking. I will make no opinions just a walkthrough.
If another modder or user wants to see another just mention it.

UPDATE:

Am uploading  a   "3 in 3" version 1

It's actually 3 in 4 minutes but I like the sound of 3 in 3
biggrin.gif
. I cannot vid the intro's because the reflection and flash of intro's makes it go outta focus. It takes me 10+ tries for my own themes so it's not feasible but I can do it later if i figure out how.

I will use an album next time. I check no album art since the first vids but I can show an album and no art on the next 3 in 3

The first attempt at doing this a couple months ago was a fail as I didn't check for approval and I input my own opinions. I asked this time and do not input my thoughts. This "3 in 3 " series will continue and the vids can be deleted if any modder asks for it. I will not touch them. They are in the public. The channel has a 130,000 views and 162 subs and is good for exposure. Ny Hi-Fidelity vid has about 1,300 views. Links to the themes contained within the vids can be added to the vid if permission ig given by the original modders.

May 9, 2015 at 3:42 AM Post #2,194 of 2,614

I will be doing a "5 themes in 5 minutes" video.

1 of mine and 4 others.
@x RELIC x
@AsianInvasion

or any other 2.5 fw requested.  The vids will be done showing launcher/playing/no album art/EQ/sys sett/fast picking
If the 2 modders above are o.k.they can like this post as approval of the vid taking. I will make no opinions just a walkthrough.
If another modder or user wants to see another just mention it.

UPDATE:

Am uploading  a   "3 in 3" version 1

It's actually 3 in 4 minutes but I like the sound of 3 in 3
biggrin.gif
. I cannot vid the intro's because the reflection and flash of intro's makes it go outta focus. It takes me 10+ tries for my own themes so it's not feasible but I can do it later if i figure out how.

I will use an album next time. I check no album art since the first vids but I can show an album and no art on the next 3 in 3

All themes look amazing!

very nice work, covering all of them.

May 9, 2015 at 4:54 AM Post #2,195 of 2,614
X5_Classic is up, based on FW 2.5.

LINK

Quite the simple theme inspired by an iDevice that has a similar name. Everything is dirt simple and the FW is very light at around 14mb. My only gripe is the fast picking bg. Given the amber text I was compelled to make a 'highlight' bar that was rather dark for readability. The EQ screen might change in an update. The Now Playing sub menu may also change.

Any resemblance to @AsianInvasion's Harmony 3 theme colour palette is purely coincidental.
wink.gif

This looks fabulous! Only wish I could download it 
frown.gif
 . Can't wait to return home (to the US) and give it a try 
biggrin.gif

Changes:
  1. Reduced the amount of chaos in the theme
  2. Rounded corners mod, again
  3. Changes to now playing
  4. Firmware version 2.5

Important: This may be the last supported update for Lunar, unless it somehow gains a large amount of users.

Downloads:
  1. Click me
  2. Mirror in case the download isn't working

Release notes:
  1. Name of the mod/theme: Solar 1.4, Lunar 2.0
  2. Version of the firmware: 2.5
  3. Languages: All

The usual information:
  1. Feel free to use this theme as a base for other themes
  2. I will take all feedback into consideration
  3. All graphics are made by me or are modifications of the original images by Fiio

This I would to try out! The graphics/models in the above pic, and others I've seen somewhere, look amazing! I was hoping for an update to this one, and here it is. And I can't download it. Thanks Chinese government 
mad.gif
 ! It's not going to stop me from continuing to try and download, maybe it'll slip through once (or twice, for both these great looking themes).

May 9, 2015 at 9:58 AM Post #2,197 of 2,614
May 9, 2015 at 12:49 PM Post #2,201 of 2,614

Giving it a spin right now - very nice. Very steampunk but easily readable too. Initial comment: from the launcher the jump to Now Playing half-way through the list seems out of place (going to one side halfway through list) - almost seems like it should be at the end of the list or the ordering changed. Not sure if that's changeable or if you must follow that order. Otherwise liking it a lot. Good work :)

May 9, 2015 at 1:42 PM Post #2,202 of 2,614

Giving it a spin right now - very nice. Very steampunk but easily readable too. Initial comment: from the launcher the jump to Now Playing half-way through the list seems out of place (going to one side halfway through list) - almost seems like it should be at the end of the list or the ordering changed. Not sure if that's changeable or if you must follow that order. Otherwise liking it a lot. Good work :)

It is changeable, but must follow the same order. So to acheive what you're after Equaliser would need to be at the top followed by Playback etc. When switched on it defaults to Now Playing, so it's easy to go up or down to find what you want in the main list. I think it's something you'll get used to in a short while and appreciate why it was designed this way.

May 9, 2015 at 2:02 PM Post #2,203 of 2,614
I recreated my theme.

I transofrmed EQ to the EQ that exists in classical.

I transofrmed launcher

I transformed and re-worked most of the theme. 

I invite everyone to test it!

Only a shade of black is changed right now.

I will also re-work the others.

I am also working at a launcher designed by me, but it will take longer to build it.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/5uief6v1t7zssny/x5.fw?dl=0

May 9, 2015 at 5:19 PM Post #2,204 of 2,614
I really consider the launcher for classic theme very cool!

But i was wondering, would the fonts size be very off if the text list would had gone all the way to the bottom?

Yeah, it doesn't follow the theme if the sizes are even larger. No biggie IMO to have a bit of blank space at the bottom.

May 9, 2015 at 5:51 PM Post #2,205 of 2,614

It is changeable, but must follow the same order. So to acheive what you're after Equaliser would need to be at the top followed by Playback etc. When switched on it defaults to Now Playing, so it's easy to go up or down to find what you want in the main list. I think it's something you'll get used to in a short while and appreciate why it was designed this way.

Thanks mate. Just seemed odd to go halfway down the list then pop over to the side, then back to the list. I'm sure I'll get used to it :)

It's staying on for a bit - nice work!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back