Fiio X5 - Custom/Modded firmwares
Mar 3, 2015 at 7:47 AM Post #1,591 of 2,614
  Downloaded and installed. What a nice little theme you've come up with. Love the images and fonts chosen! In my short time with it, just noticed a mystery dot to the left of the Play/Pause icon and a very faint one to the left of the Gain icon. The battery icon as well as the rest up the top have taken a real back seat here. It's a good way of telling people to focus on the menu images at hand rather than the status of the device. It's a hi-fidelity theme, so I wouldn't expect any different. The equaliser is stunning. Love what you've done with the bottom section of it. Nice work!

Thank you!!
beerchug.gif

It was a spec on the double SD card image that I missed as I only use 1 sd card. Fixed it.
Thanks.

Mar 3, 2015 at 7:58 AM Post #1,592 of 2,614
.​

.​

Based on Firmware 2.4
Download "Hi-Fidelity"

Link fixed

​
 ​

UPDATE

If you have dowloaded

and would like a custom logo screen , no album art, shutdown screen you can get one.

You went to Lollapalooza 20 years ago....find a vid....get a flashback....send me the vid with a 2-3 second moment and I'll let you reminisce every single time you shut the X5 down.
I'm a visual based guy so making a one of a kind visual for a specific person for a specific reason is the height of joy for me.

The No Album Art is another optional element.
 The rest is my theme. You can have a unique version though. Not including repeats it seems approx 250-280 folks may have downloaded the theme (30) are re-peats. Some have the skills to do whatever they want and apparently already do. For those less willing to crack open the firmware but interested in a one of a kind......I got you covered. It won't be shared. It will go to another box link and get cut after you got it.

I will vid the final version (upload in 5 minutes *fw*) and then move on to Unique tweak stage.

Ask via PM and provide the vid link and give me time.

Mar 3, 2015 at 12:21 PM Post #1,594 of 2,614

.​

.​

Based on Firmware 2.4
Download "Hi-Fidelity"

Link fixed

​
 ​

Re-posted with a fixed link (thank you @Romani

@Nicolas2305  Please add this to the archive. No image or video updates will be posted as the file will be updated at it's current location and I will add any info to this post so no change logs needed. Thanks for the work you do!

Hi i downloaded the file but when i press the buttons to update it says update file not found?..

Mar 3, 2015 at 8:58 PM Post #1,597 of 2,614
   Hi i downloaded the file but when i press the buttons to update it says update file not found?..

/img/vimeo_logo.png

If you have another X5.fw it may get renamed to X5.fw(2) if it goes in the same folder.
If you drop the new fw into the X5 and hold the top left button and power button down at the same time for 5 seconds it should initiate the update. If not the folks advice mentioned  above may be the problem . I once had a fw renamed x5.fw(2) and didn't realize it  and the first time I tried it was the card not formatted to FAT32 like mentioned by @nmatheis

I just downloaded to test the link and installed and it works fine.

Mar 4, 2015 at 1:49 AM Post #1,599 of 2,614
  /img/vimeo_logo.png

If you have another X5.fw it may get renamed to X5.fw(2) if it goes in the same folder.
If you drop the new fw into the X5 and hold the top left button and power button down at the same time for 5 seconds it should initiate the update. If not the folks advice mentioned  above may be the problem . I once had a fw renamed x5.fw(2) and didn't realize it  and the first time I tried it was the card not formatted to FAT32 like mentioned by @nmatheis

I just downloaded to test the link and installed and it works fine.

Thanks very much.. The file was named wrongly. i corrected it and it worked ..very nice theme.. cheers

Mar 4, 2015 at 1:59 PM Post #1,601 of 2,614
rocking the oxygen grey theme a massive thanks to all the themers for their time and effort.

Mar 4, 2015 at 2:02 PM Post #1,602 of 2,614
Sometimes i forget to submit a thank you to all the modders for all the effort put in to make such amazing themes! Every single one of the themes is amazing in it's own way! just amazing! it can re-birth the device, transfroming it into something amazing! THNAKS, TO EVERYONE! AMAZING JOB, EVERYONE! [(^_^)]

Mar 4, 2015 at 9:06 PM Post #1,603 of 2,614
I've gotten my new theme to the point where I can release an alpha.

Complete things:
  1. Adjust bars
  2. List backgrounds
  3. List icons
  4. Launcher
  5. Messages - Buttons and background
  6. Now Playing - Everything except the cursor
  7. Status bar background
  8. Settings toggles

Incomplete things:
  1. Now playing - Cursor
  2. Lists - Selected item color, top left button menus
  3. EQ - Everything
  4. Status bar - Icons (size and color)
  5. Charging icons
  6. Music update animation
  7. Messages - Icons
  8. Pointless adjust bar line that I need to remove
  9. Boot animation

If you have free time, please try it out and give me feedback, especially on the following:
  1. Launcher
  2. Message boxes - Should buttons, icons, background, etc. have sharp corners or slightly rounded corners like the launcher dock?

Note: This is a test build. It shouldn't be used as your regular use theme because it is incomplete.

Firmware released here

Mar 5, 2015 at 12:43 AM Post #1,604 of 2,614

.​

.​

Based on Firmware 2.4
Download "Hi-Fidelity"

Link fixed

​
 ​

Re-posted with a fixed link (thank you @Romani

@Nicolas2305  Please add this to the archive. No image or video updates will be posted as the file will be updated at it's current location and I will add any info to this post so no change logs needed. Thanks for the work you do!

So a couple of days of using this now.

While I absolutely love the simplicity of the dot arrangement across the top, I did have to stop and think about what they meant earlier today. Green dot on the top left meant G=H. Green dot on the top right meant track was playing, but then on pause, a full pause icon would appear as opposed to an amber dot. Multiple little dots on the right were battery indicator. How little they were meant it was hard to conclude how much juice was left. As juice was running out, they would go amber on the left first rather than the right, which to me seems reverse of what I would expect. Then interestingly, when the player gets to a low battery level, the green/amber battery dots revert back to a complete low battery icon.

I'm not suggesting we should revert to a complicated top section by any means but I think someone who is unfamiliar with the player needs something more obvious to interpret up top. I don't know how you would achieve this, I have nothing to suggest myself.

Top dots aside, for some reason, the Now Playing screen where there is no artwork seems to use an image which feels too modern relative to the rest of the images used. I expected something more vintage. And the fact it's an LP meant you had one LP on top of another when you decided to adjust the volume of the device.

Maybe my critique is unwarranted. Takes nothing away from the fact I am loving the theme and currently have it as my daily driver! :)

Mar 5, 2015 at 1:17 AM Post #1,605 of 2,614
  So a couple of days of using this now.

While I absolutely love the simplicity of the dot arrangement across the top, I did have to stop and think about what they meant earlier today. Green dot on the top left meant G=H. Green dot on the top right meant track was playing, but then on pause, a full pause icon would appear as opposed to an amber dot. Multiple little dots on the right were battery indicator. How little they were meant it was hard to conclude how much juice was left. As juice was running out, they would go amber on the left first rather than the right, which to me seems reverse of what I would expect. Then interestingly, when the player gets to a low battery level, the green/amber battery dots revert back to a complete low battery icon.

I'm not suggesting we should revert to a complicated top section by any means but I think someone who is unfamiliar with the player needs something more obvious to interpret up top. I don't know how you would achieve this, I have nothing to suggest myself.

Top dots aside, for some reason, the Now Playing screen where there is no artwork seems to use an image which feels too modern relative to the rest of the images used. I expected something more vintage. And the fact it's an LP meant you had one LP on top of another when you decided to adjust the volume of the device.

Maybe my critique is unwarranted. Takes nothing away from the fact I am loving the theme and currently have it as my daily driver! :)

.**claps hands twice**

all plans for ver.2 but I just did it.
The battery will revert to default big ugly battery when it hits 40%. That's so the beauty doesn't make folks run dry.
The dots will stay....and they have been flipped.
As always..THANK YOU very much!
beerchug.gif

Critical feedback is essential!! I actually believe the update I just made will be the final 2.1 revision but I'll give myself a week. You saw what I saw (album art.. quality and time frame of image...big issue and battery was inverted) No sense in waiting so I fixed it in 5 minutes. Shoulda done it sooner but your comment re enforced the idea of needed improvement.

Missing album art image adjusted
Orange/Amber for pause and gain small in both settings
check,check,check
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back