2 versions of custom album art/ launch logo
and
1 personal moment shutdown

biggrin.gif

This is fun.

Done for the day

Mar 7, 2015 at 9:29 AM Post #1,623 of 2,614
 If you have dowloaded

and would like a custom shutdown screen you can get one.

You went to Lollapalooza 20 years ago....find a vid....get a flashback....send me the vid with a 2-3 second moment and I'll let you reminisce every single time you shut the X5 down.
I'm a visual based guy so making a one of a kind visual for a specific person for a specific reason is the height of joy for me.

The No Album Art is another optional element.
 The rest is my theme. You can have a unique version though. Not including repeats it seems approx 250-280 folks may have downloaded the theme (30) are re-peats. Some have the skills to do whatever they want and apparently already do. For those less willing to crack open the firmware but interested in a one of a kind......I got you covered. It won't be shared. It will go to another box link and get cut after you got it.

I will vid the final version (upload in 5 minutes *fw*) and then move on to Unique tweak stage.

Ask via PM and provide the vid link and give me time.
For those of us who love Hi-Fidelity, want to personalise it a little and are too scared to open the firmware, this is something pretty unique on offer for us. I had to step out earlier and now that I am home, I am loving my personalised version. Thank you kindly once again! :)

Mar 7, 2015 at 10:11 AM Post #1,624 of 2,614
For those of us who love Hi-Fidelity, want to personalise it a little and are too scared to open the firmware, this is something pretty unique on offer for us. I had to step out earlier and now that I am home, I am loving my personalised version. Thank you kindly once again!
smily_headphones1.gif

My theme style is visual heavy and altering the Start logo/ No album art image/ shutdown animation is reasonable as a time investment, and doesn't take away from my theme's overall presentation.
The # of non members/rarely post members who own the X5 and download themes is pretty high.

Therefore, I extrapolate a great #/%  must be comfortable to drop the x5.fw file and update but not much more.

So... I keep re-cycling my general idea of image based themes with hopes of others liking my work OR take what I have already done and improve it.

Making a theme is not really fun. Seeing another enjoy it is. 
Taking a few extra steps to make that enjoyment a genuinely unique experience is very fun.

Every themer has their signature style. I found mine and will stay where I am at slowly improving the enjoyment level 1 user at a time.

If a person already has this fw and wants it customized it would be put in a private link with a x5.fw(name of mod)
They just delete the red part and proceed as they would with the fw install.
 (3 , 10+ , 16 ,19,21 "re-tunes"  so far including yours)

P.S.
Thank you.

Your request created an idea to focus on follow-up. I have more time for myself as the weather gets nicer and folks who got this have some input on a few parts of their G.U.I  everybody wins. Inspired by your input
beerchug.gif

Way too much questions about my toggle switches I flipped em'. Considering all that goes into a mod the fact that it came up repeatedly kinda blows my mind. Final version of un-tuned "Hi-Fidelity" will be done by the weekend.

1. Toggles flipped
  2. sys sett bg swapped (based on a rec for a re-tune)
  3. usb bg changed..."take a break" image
  4. usb charging changed to LED for matching
  5. music note file icons slightly reduced

Final version now done as of latest edit of this post. Will now focus on "re-tunes" 
No activity for 3 days so I'll throw up the vid.
System settings bg and switches are different and other changes will be done by Sunday. Final update and new video will be posted showing changes.

Mar 12, 2015 at 9:35 PM Post #1,626 of 2,614

Flagged your post.

In Theming news I am taking down the vid and tweaking it just a bit more per feedback.

Thanks for the feedback
beerchug.gif

Toggles lightly adjusted (after vid taken)  aside from that this should be it. aside from re-tunes.

http://bit.ly/hi-fidelity

Gain switch flipped (not in vid)

Mar 13, 2015 at 4:28 AM Post #1,627 of 2,614
Well, I Boldly Went Where No One Has Gone Before......................

This is a work in progress teaser, and to be honest may change significantly, but I wanted to share.

In memory of Leonard Nimoy (Spock). Lots of bonding with my father and I in the 70's and 80's watching the original series and one of the reasons I fell in to my career so I thought I'd pay it back with this theme.

The launcher was modified from a Star Trek skin for Windows. One of the reasons I may change the whole thing.

The Enterprise volume. Cheesy, I know!

I found the perfect Trek font and it's working on the X5!

The whole thing is challenging to design for the X5 after the original Trek series. Also, the legibility of the top bar is hard to read as I'm just using the default text up there. This needs some attention me thinks.

JamesFiiO PLEASE make it so we can change the config.ini text colors like in the X1.

Mar 13, 2015 at 7:10 AM Post #1,629 of 2,614

In Theming news I am taking down the vid and tweaking it just a bit more per feedback.
Thanks for the feedback
beerchug.gif

Toggles lightly adjusted (after vid taken)  aside from that this should be it. aside from re-tunes.

http://bit.ly/hi-fidelity
Gain switch flipped (not in vid)

Theme gets better and better! I do love the Jimi ending but am still going to send you a Rory clip as he is my all-time favourite and a 'personal' would be something else.

Good connection between the two, Hendrix was asked 'what's it like being the world's best guitarist'. He replied, 'I don't know, go ask Rory Gallagher'. Classic.

Mar 13, 2015 at 9:06 AM Post #1,630 of 2,614
  Theme gets better and better! I do love the Jimi ending but am still going to send you a Rory clip as he is my all-time favourite and a 'personal' would be something else.

Good connection between the two, Hendrix was asked 'what's it like being the world's best guitarist'. He replied, 'I don't know, go ask Rory Gallagher'. Classic.

You send me the link and start and stop time and I'll build your custom "re-tune"

The shutdown is 10 frames so pick your moment carefully
biggrin.gif

Also the no album art and Boot logo (image with hand grabbing album at start) can be changed.

EDIT
I got the goods gimmie an hour and you'll be rocking your own "re-tune"

Rory mod sent.
biggrin.gif

Mar 13, 2015 at 6:53 PM Post #1,631 of 2,614

You send me the link and start and stop time and I'll build your custom "re-tune"

The shutdown is 10 frames so pick your moment carefully
biggrin.gif

Also the no album art and Boot logo (image with hand grabbing album at start) can be changed.

EDIT
I got the goods gimmie an hour and you'll be rocking your own "re-tune"

Rory mod sent.
biggrin.gif

Sir, I have tested your latest and greatest, and the switches are now spot on. Whenever you have the opportunity, feel free to do my re-tune with this latest build. Thanks for your effort.

Mar 14, 2015 at 12:25 AM Post #1,635 of 2,614

Your custom re-tune has been sent.

I had to increase the text on the new logo because it was too small to read on the X5. Same color in my themes font and large enough to see. That was un avoidable or your message would have been un-readable.

It's perfect. Prefer your font to mine, 3 custom images are spot on. Love what you've done with your theme this round. Better contrast all round, a better background image for the Play and X5 settings menu and switches that are now intuitive. Well done. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back