Fiio X5 - Custom/Modded firmwares
Feb 16, 2015 at 10:45 PM Post #1,396 of 2,614
AsianInvasion:

Comments for Solar theme:

Bug - Clicking the upper left x-button when in folder browsing mode gets me the same quick strip as the Harmony series - grey + green instead of black + white.

Personal preferences - I'd prefer a solid top bar instead of the two-toned top bar with the black and white theme. Fewer tick marks on the EQ Scale to avoid optical illusion type effect with only black and white. Prefer boot / shutdown sequences from Harmony II.

Comments for Harmony II:

Personal preferences - One color for top bar (minor). Eliminate the translucent / gradient white square rising from the selected icon on the launcher screen. Eliminate large background icons for selection on launcher.

Thanks for the very professional themes!!!

:beerchug:

Feb 16, 2015 at 10:46 PM Post #1,397 of 2,614

**wonders which of Asian invasions own themes he uses??**

I usually use the latest theme I publish, but I also use others' themes, as well as beta versions of future themes.
Bug - Clicking the upper left x-button when in folder browsing mode gets me the same quick strip as the Harmony series - grey + green instead of black + white.

I completely forgot to theme those icons... I'll quickly fix that

Feb 17, 2015 at 12:38 AM Post #1,400 of 2,614
So here it is......... Analogue II, based off FW 2.4. This one's done me thinks.

I've tried to touch on everything in the theme including the dots in the fast picking screen. I've even added a missing album art image, it's an analogue oscilloscope waveform. Check out the lock screens.

LINK Edit: Link updated to the most recent version.

I haven't changed any of the icons but modified the colour of almost every icon from FiiO. I may go back to it and tweak the shortcut bar, when I get more time. My usual caveat of these pictures don't show the subtleties of the theme.

Enjoy!

:cool:

One thing of note is the glow below the slider of the active EQ button can not be masked when you drag it to the bottom. I tried, but again the theme is so simple it does not allow us to change such simple things. Oh well. If enough people say it sucks then I'll lose it.

Feb 17, 2015 at 12:46 AM Post #1,401 of 2,614
This one's done me thinks.

DOWNLOAD LINK
. I may go back to it .....

cool.gif

That looks awesome

I was just typing my 3 on rotation are yours mine and the new king of simple "Solar" I'm not into simple but that is one if I want one.

I read your top sentence and laughed out loud and then saw the "out" you took to go back
deadhorse.gif

It will never truly end
biggrin.gif

I will do a vid when time allows

Feb 17, 2015 at 1:20 AM Post #1,402 of 2,614
So here it is......... Analogue II, based off FW 2.4. This one's done me thinks.

I've tried to touch on everything in the theme including the dots in the fast picking screen. I've even added a missing album art image, it's an analogue oscilloscope waveform. Check out the lock screens.

DOWNLOAD LINK

I haven't changed any of the icons but modified the colour of almost every icon from FiiO. I may go back to it and tweak the shortcut bar, when I get more time. My usual caveat of these pictures don't show the subtleties of the theme.

Enjoy!

cool.gif

One thing of note is the glow below the slider of the active EQ button can not be masked when you drag it to the bottom. I tried, but again the theme is so simple it does not allow us to change such simple things. Oh well. If enough people say it sucks then I'll lose it.

This is the first theme I've tried that wasnt made by me. GREAT job. 

The only things that don't make the theme feel "complete" are the pop up messages and the shortcuts

Feb 17, 2015 at 1:52 AM Post #1,403 of 2,614
This is the first theme I've tried that wasnt made by me. GREAT job. 

The only things that don't make the theme feel "complete" are the pop up messages and the shortcuts

Agree about the popup messages and the shortcuts.

Time............ always a battle with time!!
Like I mentioned, I'll more than likely go back to it. Analogue II.1 :p

Thanks for the comments! :)

Feb 17, 2015 at 1:53 AM Post #1,404 of 2,614
Agree about the popup messages and the shortcuts.

Time............ always a battle with time!!
Like I mentioned, I'll more than likely go back to it. Analogue II.1
tongue.gif

Thanks for the comments!
smily_headphones1.gif

haha yeah, it's really annoying...you're done, you're happy...oh wait, lemme just change this small little tiny thing

Feb 17, 2015 at 2:07 AM Post #1,405 of 2,614
haha yeah, it's really annoying...you're done, you're happy...oh wait, lemme just change this small little tiny thing

True...... To a point.

You're right, the theme in its entirety is unfinished with the popups and shortcuts so I feel it still needs to be looked at. Yes, I realize I said I'm done and I feel it's in a state that is overall cohesive enough for most users. I wouldn't go back to it just to pixel peep some minor items.

Actually, since you've mentioned it just 47 minutes ago I've got some ideas for the above mentioned items. Like I said earlier, I feed off of the pressure. Lol.

I just need time. :wink:

Feb 17, 2015 at 3:07 AM Post #1,407 of 2,614
[COLOR=CCCC66]"Analogue"[/COLOR]​

[rule]
Serious awesomeness

Am running it through it's paces now:D

Nice work

Thanks for the vid.

Comment on the EQ slider glow........ You can not add one to the top because it offsets the slider button and your EQ wouldn't make sense then. FiiO designed it to reference the top of the slider button image and not the center (referencing the center of the image would make more sense). I tried it first and it forked my EQ big time. I may lose the glow as it overlaps the slider groove and frequency numbers when dropped to the bottom and it can't be masked out. The backlight idea was what I had in mind when I thought it up.

Dude! You missed the lock screen images in the system settings........ They were a highlight for me (pun intended). Oh well. I don't want to criticize your video though.

Much appreciated!!!

Sorry, I'm editing this as I watch the vid. Hahaha.

Feb 17, 2015 at 3:48 AM Post #1,408 of 2,614
Thanks for the vid.

Comment on the slider glow........ You can not add one to the top because it offsets the slider button and your EQ wouldn't make sense then. FiiO designed it to reference the top of the slider button image and not the center (referencing the center of the image would make more sense). I tried it first and it forked my EQ big time. I may lose the glow as it overlaps the slider groove and frequency numbers when dropped to the bottom and it can't be masked out. The backlight idea was what I had in mind when I thought it up.

Dude! You missed the lock screen images in the system settings........ They were a highlight for me (pun intended). Oh well. I don't want to criticize your video though.

Much appreciated!!!

Sorry, I'm editing this as I watch the vid. Hahaha.

Thanks for the help with the bmp

I don't even know how to use the lock...lock what? I just wanna tweak my rig. I sense i can tweak more stuff by what your saying
biggrin.gif

I just looked at the pics...sorry. i was so geeked to try it I didn't check the think I dunno. Why would I lock my screen?

If a kid touches my X5.....

So maybe I don't need it
deadhorse.gif

Seriously though...sorry for missing that.

Feb 17, 2015 at 3:53 AM Post #1,409 of 2,614
Hahaha!!! The lock screen options you choose in the System Settings!!!!! Key Lock 1, Key Lock 2, Key Lock 3....... Those lock options. I did a new graphic for those with a mini-Analogue X5 instead of the FiiO outline and button highlights. Can't stop laughing at the .gif though. OMG!!!!!!

No problem with the bmp.

Feb 17, 2015 at 4:04 AM Post #1,410 of 2,614

DOWNLOAD LINK

Enjoy!

:cool:

This is a thing of beauty. I raised the white flag with one aspect previously only to be greeted with "I've even added a missing album art image". It's like Christmas has arrived early. Thanks for your hard work.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back