Fiio X5 - Custom/Modded firmwares
Feb 17, 2015 at 4:05 AM Post #1,411 of 2,614
So here it is......... Analogue II, based off FW 2.4. This one's done me thinks.

I've tried to touch on everything in the theme including the dots in the fast picking screen. I've even added a missing album art image, it's an analogue oscilloscope waveform. Check out the lock screens.

DOWNLOAD LINK

I haven't changed any of the icons but modified the colour of almost every icon from FiiO. I may go back to it and tweak the shortcut bar, when I get more time. My usual caveat of these pictures don't show the subtleties of the theme.

Enjoy!

cool.gif

One thing of note is the glow below the slider of the active EQ button can not be masked when you drag it to the bottom. I tried, but again the theme is so simple it does not allow us to change such simple things. Oh well. If enough people say it sucks then I'll lose it.

Awesome work man !!

appreciate your effort here and the exquisite design :wink:

Feb 17, 2015 at 6:38 AM Post #1,414 of 2,614
So here it is......... Analogue II, based off FW 2.4. This one's done me thinks.

I've tried to touch on everything in the theme including the dots in the fast picking screen. I've even added a missing album art image, it's an analogue oscilloscope waveform. Check out the lock screens.

DOWNLOAD LINK

I haven't changed any of the icons but modified the colour of almost every icon from FiiO. I may go back to it and tweak the shortcut bar, when I get more time. My usual caveat of these pictures don't show the subtleties of the theme.

Enjoy!

:cool:

One thing of note is the glow below the slider of the active EQ button can not be masked when you drag it to the bottom. I tried, but again the theme is so simple it does not allow us to change such simple things. Oh well. If enough people say it sucks then I'll lose it.

So played around with it some more. The battery meter text in the top right looks to be of a different font to the volume level text on the left. Also the play/pause icon looks too close to the SD card icon. I personally think that SD card icon in the header does not serve much function. People know if there is a card in their own device or not, not to mention, the size of for the icon means you would never be able to tell which SD card is currently in use. Maybe I'm alone in that opinion. Last, I think there is too much dead space in the top right bar, so I question whether icons could be distributed evenly depending on which items are active and need to be displayed.

Feb 17, 2015 at 7:07 AM Post #1,415 of 2,614
So played around with it some more. The battery meter text in the top right looks to be of a different font to the volume level text on the left. Also the play/pause icon looks too close to the SD card icon. I personally think that SD card icon in the header does not serve much function. People know if there is a card in their own device or not, not to mention, the size of for the icon means you would never be able to tell which SD card is currently in use. Maybe I'm alone in that opinion. Last, I think there is too much dead space in the top right bar, so I question whether icons could be distributed evenly depending on which items are active and need to be displayed.

Yes, the text is a different font for the battery percentage and it has a subtle drop shadow to help read it better (slightly darker, but I may lose it). It needs to squeeze in there as there is no more room when it displays 100%. We also can't change the font of the volume number so w're stuck with that.

I know you say it feels empty but take another look at the pic I posted of the main menu screen. The top right bar is jam packed and distributed evenly when the sleep timer is on, battery is at 100%, and when the music is playing/paused (that's what the X5 is all about right). I want to maintain all the functionality of the original FW so I need to make room for everything. With that said I would agree about the mSD icon. Losing it would make a bit of room to expand the battery% and move the play/pause icon over. :wink:

Feb 17, 2015 at 7:16 AM Post #1,416 of 2,614
Yes, the text is a different font for the battery percentage and it has a subtle drop shadow to help read it better (slightly darker, but I may lose it). It needs to squeeze in there as there is no more room when it displays 100%. We also can't change the font of the volume number so w're stuck with that.

I know you say it feels empty but take another look at the pic I posted of the main menu screen. The top right bar is jam packed and distributed evenly when the sleep timer is on, battery is at 100%, and when the music is playing/paused (that's what the X5 is all about right). I want to maintain all the functionality of the original FW so I need to make room for everything. :wink:
Fair call in trying to retain all the functionality provided by the original firmware with regards to SD display etc. And yes, I definitely saw your original screenshot and felt it looked spot on. Then based on my own options selected, all I had was the SD icon, play/pause and the battery reading. It's the only reason I noticed the space. This is your baby so I don't want to cross the line but to overcome the space you're trying to create to display 100% battery, I would have reverted to the original battery icon, that way you know the space is fixed and the icons could be more spread out. Not complaining by any means, just my take, I love what you've done with this version!

Feb 17, 2015 at 7:39 AM Post #1,417 of 2,614
Fair call in trying to retain all the functionality provided by the original firmware with regards to SD display etc. And yes, I definitely saw your original screenshot and felt it looked spot on. Then based on my own options selected, all I had was the SD icon, play/pause and the battery reading. It's the only reason I noticed the space. This is your baby so I don't want to cross the line but to overcome the space you're trying to create to display 100% battery, I would have reverted to the original battery icon, that way you know the space is fixed and the icons could be more spread out. Not complaining by any means, just my take, I love what you've done with this version!

I beleive the issue is that I'm using a fixed box instead of an open bar like in the original FW. Really, I moved the icons over by 3 pixels to accommodate the battery percentage and then squeezed another 1 pixel each between the Play/Pause icon, mSD icon, and the timer. So 6 pixels total, that's it (or somewhere around there). The original FW had gaps as well and we'll never be able to fill it at all times no matter if there is an icon or % for the battery. I hear ya though.

Thanks for the feedback.

Feb 17, 2015 at 7:44 AM Post #1,418 of 2,614
I beleive the issue is that I'm using a fixed box instead of an open bar like in the original FW. Really, I moved the icons over by 3 pixels to accommodate the battery percentage and then squeezed another 1 pixel each between the Play/Pause icon, mSD icon, and the timer. So 6 pixels total, that's it (or somewhere around there). The original FW had gaps as well and we'll never be able to fill it at all times no matter if there is an icon or % for the battery. I hear ya though.

Thanks for the feedback.
Makes sense. Hard to appreciate the complexity of it all when I'm not in there myself getting my hands dirty. Thanks again for all your effort Sir. Fiio need to take notice of what you're all accomplishing on here.

Feb 17, 2015 at 10:47 AM Post #1,421 of 2,614
  Hello modders,
I've searched but haven't found any mods that include a larger font.  My old eyes are having a tough time seeing the small print.
Thanks for all you do!

Unfortunately, font size is one of the limitations and it cannot be changed. Perhaps with future firmwares it will be possible as it is already with X1.
Meanwhile the modders do a great job of choosing easily readable fonts and ensuring a good contrast.

Feb 17, 2015 at 12:42 PM Post #1,422 of 2,614
Makes sense. Hard to appreciate the complexity of it all when I'm not in there myself getting my hands dirty. Thanks again for all your effort Sir. Fiio need to take notice of what you're all accomplishing on here.

i tried creating one myself, just boot, shutdown animations and the main menu images
took me too much time.

so i can imagine creating images for all different buttons, bars, menus and new ideas.

thats a huge effort and time put into the theme and they dont even mention it.

modders are doing a great job indeed

Users who are viewing this thread

Back