Fiio X5 - Custom/Modded firmwares
Jan 22, 2015 at 10:33 AM Post #979 of 2,614
  "Knob"

Download:  http://www.mediafire.com/download/4anegn8pd5en0eu/Knob.Fiio.x5.mod.2.4.zip

Based on FW 2.4  
Inspired by @CH23 "Simply Straight" (the 7 icon theme) 
Non-English language packs removed to improve responsiveness.

This is nice, simple and clear. It also works well with the Tesla II backgrounds with the Launcher looking like something from an early Mike Oldfield video.

This combo is staying on my X5 until the next big thing comes along...

Jan 22, 2015 at 11:52 AM Post #980 of 2,614
I should really become more active here.
I'll try to make something this weekend. I've got lost of ideas but none of the time....

Totally love that simplicity of "knob"

Jan 22, 2015 at 1:07 PM Post #981 of 2,614
I think this is the best theme!
"Fragments Blue "

I also love AsianInvasion's mods.

He did all the heavy lifting for this theme, so credit where credit is due. That said, the picture you put up is a mod I did on the original.

The original version had a bright white background, so I darkened it considerably to dark gray.

I also replaced the startup & shutdown sequences with my own simpler versions. This speeds up those processes - or at least makes them feel faster.

I also replaced the font pack with a much smaller font pack, which I feel makes the UI snappier but might limit its usefulness for international X5 owners.

:beerchug:

Jan 22, 2015 at 2:33 PM Post #982 of 2,614
I also love @AsianInvasion's mods.

He did all the heavy lifting for this theme, so credit where credit is due. That said, the picture you put up is a mod I did on the original.

The original version had a bright white background, so I darkened it considerably to dark gray.

I also replaced the startup & shutdown sequences with my own simpler versions. This speeds up those processes - or at least makes them feel faster.

I also replaced the font pack with a much smaller font pack, which I feel makes the UI snappier but might limit its usefulness for international X5 owners.

beerchug.gif

Ok , so I'm using your startup and shutdown to make this as small as possible. I'm also using bits from almost everybody who's ever posted before in this thread, so credits and kudos to all...with special mentions to @rontant and @x RELIC x and especially @TheoS53 for pushing the boundaries.
I bring you...
KnobCloudsLite

Edit: Sorry - noticed a further glitch in charging background - now corrected - same download will fix...

Jan 22, 2015 at 10:01 PM Post #985 of 2,614
  Ok , so I'm using your startup and shutdown to make this as small as possible. I'm also using bits from almost everybody who's ever posted before in this thread, so credits and kudos to all...with special mentions to @rontant and @x RELIC x and especially @TheoS53 for pushing the boundaries.
I bring you...
KnobCloudsLite

Edit: Sorry - noticed a further glitch in charging background - now corrected - same download will fix...

That only took 5 days to imitate without aknowledgement
Your welcome...thanks for the credit  (doh!!!) (wasn't just the lager gain icon or battery
rolleyes.gif
) was mainly this big bevel edge silver knob on brushed aluminum (like the original)

Looks at mods above including Carel .......and the Hi-Fiish onslaught has begun as it should since this is a hi-fi piece of equipment.

Jan 22, 2015 at 10:23 PM Post #986 of 2,614
This is really bothering me, I went back to version 2 and sure enough the sound is better, so why this? And how can this be fixed?

No body in charge has come forward to explain, and this is obserd to disable the sound quality of the x5 in revised updates.

But I'm flogging a dead horse, I know. I guess this is one way to make sure the x7 sounds better.

When it's all fixed up, will be version 2.0, 2.07, 2.36, 2.4. Although in version 2.4 developers greatly ruined the sound quality.

Jan 22, 2015 at 11:02 PM Post #987 of 2,614
This is really bothering me, I went back to version 2 and sure enough the sound is better, so why this? And how can this be fixed?

No body in charge has come forward to explain, and this is obserd to disable the sound quality of the x5 in revised updates.

But I'm flogging a dead horse, I know. I guess this is one way to make sure the x7 sounds better.

Wrong thread. Go to the main X5 thread to complain about sound quality, not the custom theme thread.

And I very much like the sound of 2.4 over 2.0, but I like 2.1 better than 2.36......... On second thought 1.21 was the bomb......... Or was it 2.02 beta.

Good greif.

Jan 22, 2015 at 11:11 PM Post #988 of 2,614
No I'm done complaining about it, just saying, well it's not of topic, but relevant to the reason why this fine modder hesitated to go forward and use 2.4's version.
But yeah I guess things will be fixed in ver 3, or maybe 4 or could it be 5.

Jan 22, 2015 at 11:36 PM Post #989 of 2,614
No I'm done complaining about it, just saying, well it's not of topic, but relevant to the reason why this fine modder hesitated to go forward and use 2.4's version.
But yeah I guess things will be fixed in ver 3, or maybe 4 or could it be 5.

Well, you did kind of go on and this has been discussed in a lot of detail in the main thread. I honestly don't think it needs to be 'fixed' which is one of the reasons I decided to finally do a custom theme based on 2.4. As a matter of fact I think the X5 sounds great with FW 2.4 over earlier versions............ But that's now opening a can of worms, back on topic.

Jan 22, 2015 at 11:42 PM Post #990 of 2,614
Well, you did kind of go on and this has been discussed in a lot of detail in the main thread. I honestly don't think it needs to be 'fixed' which is one of the reasons I decided to finally do a custom theme based on 2.4. As a matter of fact I think the X5 sounds great with FW 2.4 over earlier versions............ But that's now opening a can of worms, back on topic.

When is the McBomb dropping??

Users who are viewing this thread

Back