Fiio X5 - Custom/Modded firmwares
Nov 20, 2014 at 9:22 AM Post #529 of 2,614
Hello all,

This will be my first post on this forum :D ~

Recently I got myself a Fiio X5 and I find it hard to keep scrolling around all those folders in my micro SD card to look for songs that I wanted, is there any way to view the files inside the micro SD card easier?
Like view all musics?

Thank you so much.

Nov 20, 2014 at 9:29 AM Post #530 of 2,614
Rename folders as genre, I suppose.  Or tag your music in the genre category and do a search that way.  The more files you cram in there, the longer the search for a specific item will take you.  I can scroll a few hundred folders in about ten seconds.

Oh, and in the menu you can choose Songs, Artists, etc.

Nov 20, 2014 at 9:34 AM Post #531 of 2,614
No, not at all. This is exclusively for the X5

Woooo Hoooo!!!! mine should be touching down anytime. Was trying to get an X1 but was jumping through hoops here in Japan so I went for the X5...and I am geeked as all ******* hell!!!
biggrin.gif

Nov 20, 2014 at 9:49 AM Post #533 of 2,614
  Hello all,

This will be my first post on this forum :D ~

Recently I got myself a Fiio X5 and I find it hard to keep scrolling around all those folders in my micro SD card to look for songs that I wanted, is there any way to view the files inside the micro SD card easier?
Like view all musics?

Thank you so much.

Unfortunately not. Many of us have requested this feature from Fiio, I've even given a fairly simple solution to implement it...but we're still stuck waiting on them. I'm sure they're looking into it though..the guys at Fiio aren't a bunch of a**holes and often check the forums for customer feedback/suggestions

Nov 20, 2014 at 10:11 AM Post #534 of 2,614
Hey guys.  This is the Custom/Modded Firmwares thread.  Perhaps this part of the discussion should move over to the main X5 thread, here:  http://www.head-fi.org/t/661411/fiio-x5-thread-info-updated-on-jan-17th-2014/13680

Nov 20, 2014 at 1:13 PM Post #536 of 2,614
Good idea @olddude :thumbsup:. And when making recommendations like this, I'd recommend including an @JoeBloggs so Joe sees it and can pass it on to Fiio's developers.

Hey @nmatheis can you make a version of your theme with the black wooded looking background you did initially for firmware 2.34b? I really dig the version you made with the wooded back ground. Would also be nice looking if the X5 wording  on the boot up screen was red instead of white. TIA

Nov 20, 2014 at 3:31 PM Post #537 of 2,614
Hey @nmatheis
 can you make a version of your theme with the black wooded looking background you did initially for firmware 2.34b? I really dig the version you made with the wooded back ground. Would also be nice looking if the X5 wording  on the boot up screen was red instead of white. TIA

Mine are updated and available in the 2.34b thread. I didn't want to cross-post here until Fiio stabilizes the fw. The wooden one was someone else's mod, so I'll let them update that one. I've focused on more minimalist UI with higher legibility.

Nov 20, 2014 at 7:14 PM Post #538 of 2,614
No, not at all. This is exclusively for the X5

Thanks, but after backreading the X1 thread by a bit, it seems that it is possible. Just need to edit something inside the .bat file :)

http://www.head-fi.org/t/691332/fiio-x1-the-new-start-of-the-high-res-dap-with-individual-dac-and-headphone-amp/3960#post_11052185

Nov 20, 2014 at 7:28 PM Post #539 of 2,614
Nov 20, 2014 at 8:10 PM Post #540 of 2,614
Just to clarify - what this means is that you can use the X5 tool to unpack the X1 fw, modify it, and repack it again.

You can't use the actual X5 fw on the X1 or vice-versa ,,,,,,,,,

Users who are viewing this thread

Back