Fiio X5 - Custom/Modded firmwares
Nov 23, 2014 at 2:58 PM Post #557 of 2,614
Both he and I were referring to this past of your post.  If we both misunderstood, sorry.

Yes, you mentioned in #2 wanting to create recursive folder playlists on X5. I thought one of the computer software tools might help you, so I did indeed read and understand your post. Looks like we just had a miscommunication.

Ok, sorry for any misunderstanding

But my points were, i already created playlists using foobar and my playlists tend to be big in size, it takes 10 minutes to open (while opening all songs under category is pretty fast, i guess its indexed thats why its fast but i guess also there would be some solution for playlist to open faster)

As for point 2, just if i travel without my laptop, and i want to create a playlist on the fly to listen to, it would be cool if its easily created on the dap directly.

and its just feasible ideas that can be implemented, whether they do it or not, i will adapt to enjoy the dap.

but what i meant, i just cant ignore something thats annoying me and may be annoying some other users while there is a chance to fix it and enjoy more.

anyway CHEERS :D

Nov 23, 2014 at 3:27 PM Post #558 of 2,614
Welcome to the family. Stay positive and work with us to help Fiio make their DAPs better and better! There are plenty of little things we could nitpick with DAPs from the little guys. i know. I've been with X3 and X5 from the beginning and have submitted numerous bugs and feature requests to Fiio's bugzilla account - many of which have been implemented. I've also contributed alternative UI which help make them easier to use than the stock UI. If you haven't done it, you should check out the early DX50 thread to see how bad things could really be - random full volume blasts are not acceptable!

Nov 28, 2014 at 2:02 AM Post #559 of 2,614
Hello. Please accept my apologies for the bad english.

Question about the sound. Namely bass.

I often attend concerts. I hear the sound of a bass drum. On a player that drum sounds detached, lost among other tools.
More often than not, instead of "BOOM" is heard blow each other two large pillows. That is, the low frequencies are not enough "physicality", "density". From other sources ALL my headphones excellent bass playing. Do musicians really wanted their drums played "a bunch" and not "boom!"? Thus, a clear and biting bass, but it lacks the "reverberation" and "meat", "density". I hope I have more or less clearly explained. )
Even the wind instruments, it seems to me, is not enough low frequencies.

Now the question. Does the firmware on this parameter, whether to change the sound of the new versions, or should I wait for a good equalizer?

Thank you.

Nov 28, 2014 at 2:29 AM Post #561 of 2,614
The firmware mods are cosmetic only and don't change the sound in any way. You might be best to look into an external amp with bass boost if the X5 EQ isn't meeting your needs.

It's a pity! Really like the player. Bad that there is no way to configure it "for themselves" without spending extra money on an amplifier or headphones. Thanks for the reply.
P.S. Still a good equalizer will not be superfluous. :wink:

Nov 28, 2014 at 5:53 AM Post #563 of 2,614
I have very similar impression about X5 sound quality, especially in the lower bass department. I find that foot drum thump that you hear on good produced recordings and concerts Ibasso DX50 replicates easy when paired with Sennheiser Momentum on ear and Creative Aurvana Live 2. And all that without any external amp.

Nov 28, 2014 at 10:14 AM Post #564 of 2,614
So, what exactly does this all have to do with the custom themes we create?

I believe several people asked if these things could be discussed in the X5 thread...

Nov 28, 2014 at 9:21 PM Post #565 of 2,614
  I have very similar impression about X5 sound quality, especially in the lower bass department. I find that foot drum thump that you hear on good produced recordings and concerts Ibasso DX50 replicates easy when paired with Sennheiser Momentum on ear and Creative Aurvana Live 2. And all that without any external amp.

? I sold my DX50 with C5 amp and feel the X5 has better bass without an amp using Fidue A83 iems or Altone 200 iems.

And yes, I suggested that these discussions do not belong here.  I believe someone else (Brooko, Loquah?) seconded that motion.  Please put these types of posts on the main X5 thread.  This thread is for discussion of custom modded firmware, where the sound is not being discussed, only the looks.

Thank you.

Dec 2, 2014 at 10:59 AM Post #566 of 2,614
can anybody help me with a question, 

recently I updated my 2.20fw with those modded fw created here, and I went ahead to update my fw to 2.30, is there anyway to update the modded fw to my current 2.30?

thanks in advance..

Dec 2, 2014 at 11:44 AM Post #567 of 2,614
can anybody help me with a question, 

recently I updated my 2.20fw with those modded fw created here, and I went ahead to update my fw to 2.30, is there anyway to update the modded fw to my current 2.30?

thanks in advance..

You just download a modded 2.30 firmware file and update it :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back