Fiio X5 - Custom/Modded firmwares
Aug 23, 2014 at 10:47 AM Post #316 of 2,614
CH23, that is quite interesting. Not what I was expecting though; I thought that you were doing the pointer. You can call this theme "Stripes".

Oops.

I did it the wrong way around indeed. well it was 5 minutes work...

It's not a theme, just a demo to show the capability.

Aug 23, 2014 at 1:38 PM Post #318 of 2,614

James, thank you right back for continuously responding to our requests for features. I see that I can now go back and forth between the File Browser and Now Playing screen without losing my place in the File Browser. That is huge! The X5 keeps getting better.

it is my pleasure to work with you guys and make it become better and better, in fact, we learn lots about what a great DAP should be from our customer,
smily_headphones1.gif
and we still working in the new firmware includes some important features like folder jump and folder play, replaygain , and exfat sujpport.

ReplayGain would be a huge advantage now that we have playlist capability... Thank you.

Aug 23, 2014 at 1:40 PM Post #319 of 2,614
Seems like FiiO liked my 90° mod too :p

(Picture by twister6, http://www.head-fi.org/t/691332/fiio-x1-the-first-high-res-dap-for-the-young/1515#post_10820133 )

Kudos for "helping" Fiio out :wink:.

I guess i could do that for the X5 too...
If i find the time i just might.

I'd just love to see that UI on my X5!

Aug 23, 2014 at 5:31 PM Post #320 of 2,614

James, thank you right back for continuously responding to our requests for features. I see that I can now go back and forth between the File Browser and Now Playing screen without losing my place in the File Browser. That is huge! The X5 keeps getting better.

it is my pleasure to work with you guys and make it become better and better, in fact, we learn lots about what a great DAP should be from our customer,
smily_headphones1.gif
and we still working in the new firmware includes some important features like folder jump and folder play, replaygain , and exfat sujpport.

Please don't forget the 5800 song limit :wink:

Aug 28, 2014 at 5:21 AM Post #322 of 2,614
  Hi CH23,

FYI, i shared your Firmware Extract tool in the Fiio china's official forum http://www.fiio.pw/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=46348and did a simple translation for the forumers there. I hope you are ok with it.

I also created the a 2.20 reversed scrolling firmware so I shall share it here:
http://1drv.ms/1pjZRq0

It is great that you are doing this. It helps though to post a simple screen shot or at least some description. Speaking for myself, I am usually not going through the hassle to download and install a complete mystery firmware just to see what you might have done. And I am someone on here who is more than willing to mess around. 

(Well I downloaded it anyway...)

Aug 28, 2014 at 5:33 AM Post #323 of 2,614

It is great that you are doing this. It helps though to post a simple screen shot or at least some description. Speaking for myself, I am usually not going through the hassle to download and install a complete mystery firmware just to see what you might have done. And I am someone on here who is more than willing to mess around. 

(Well I downloaded it anyway...)

I didn't post any screenshot because that it looks exactly like the original 2.20 firmware except that the scrolling is in a reverse direction from the original.

It was edited based on the 2.20 firmware with modifications similar to CH23's 2.0 reversed scrolling firmware. Supposedly this scrolling direction feels more logical and coherent than the original.

Aug 28, 2014 at 7:14 AM Post #326 of 2,614
  Can anyone explain to me which icons does the "list.ini" and "sys_set.ini" in the coordinate folder control?

In your expanded folder structure - try looking at:
\X5_FW2.2\x5\litegui\theme1\list
\X5_FW2.2\x5\litegui\theme1\sys_set

Pretty sure "list" icons are what is controlling the folder view

Sys_set is the icon set for System Settings

Aug 28, 2014 at 2:47 PM Post #327 of 2,614
Aug 28, 2014 at 11:17 PM Post #328 of 2,614

In your expanded folder structure - try looking at:
\X5_FW2.2\x5\litegui\theme1\list
\X5_FW2.2\x5\litegui\theme1\sys_set

Pretty sure "list" icons are what is controlling the folder view

Sys_set is the icon set for System Settings

I guess you are correct on list, but i am not too sure on Sys_set.

It only has like 4 items:
name at (6,0) which means at the top left of the screen
t_value at (280,0) which means it is at the top middle-right of the screen, then i_value further right at (318,0) and finally i_enter at (383,15) almost the extreme right, but slightly lower. I can't find any menu or page which have icons at these positions.

Oh and another question, just my doubt, but can anyone confirm my conjecture that explorer.ini is no longer used because it has since been replaced by explorer_otg.ini?

Aug 30, 2014 at 10:02 AM Post #329 of 2,614
Hello Everyone,

I just received my x5 this week, and while I really enjoy the sound the scroll wheel is driving me insane.  Not because of the orientation or direction... but when I'm navigating the main menu icons (system settings, play settings, etc) I feel like I've got to have surgeon hands to avoid over scrolling and missing the icon I want.  I've instead been using the physical buttons which makes me a little less crazy... but .. was wondering if there was any way to adjust the sensitivity of the scrollwheel while on that menu... for example two movement "clicks" instead of one.  When I'm scrolling through songs it seems how it should be... but just feels too sensitive for my old hands on the main menu.

Aug 30, 2014 at 10:10 AM Post #330 of 2,614
Hello Everyone,

I just received my x5 this week, and while I really enjoy the sound the scroll wheel is driving me insane.  Not because of the orientation or direction... but when I'm navigating the main menu icons (system settings, play settings, etc) I feel like I've got to have surgeon hands to avoid over scrolling and missing the icon I want.  I've instead been using the physical buttons which makes me a little less crazy... but .. was wondering if there was any way to adjust the sensitivity of the scrollwheel while on that menu... for example two movement "clicks" instead of one.  When I'm scrolling through songs it seems how it should be... but just feels too sensitive for my old hands on the main menu.

FiiO once said they'd look into it. Can't recall if they ever came back to that, and what their answer was. You're not the only one having this problem though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back