Fiio X5 - Custom/Modded firmwares
Aug 21, 2014 at 3:04 PM Post #286 of 2,614
I had no idea there were tools to do this!

I may create my own theme now, I find the screen can be a little dark in daylight, so I have been thinking that a high contrast style theme could be useful.

Is this x3 firmware tools the tools you guys have been using? Are there any potential dangers with using these tools?

i believe they're in the original post

The only danger is that you could get addicted to modding :p

Aug 21, 2014 at 7:14 PM Post #287 of 2,614
My google translator (Chrome) can't translate the download page. Is there any way to get these tools translated or downloaded in English?

I assume these tools are to create the theme. Would it be possible to change screen font size with it? Current font is too small for me (oh the beauty of getting old 
blink.gif
) and often I have to reach for my reading glasses to see what's going on. Not handy with headphones on.

Aug 21, 2014 at 7:18 PM Post #288 of 2,614
My google translator (Chrome) can't translate the download page. Is there any way to get these tools translated or downloaded in English?

I assume these tools are to create the theme. Would it be possible to change screen font size with it? Current font is too small for me (oh the beauty of getting old :blink: ) and often I have to reach for my reading glasses to see what's going on. Not handy with headphones on.

I mean this threads' first post. http://www.head-fi.org/t/717947/fiio-x5-custom-modded-firmwares#post_10529604

As of now text size is fixed, but i hope i can change that in the near future. It's not possible with modded firmware though.

Aug 21, 2014 at 7:36 PM Post #289 of 2,614
I mean this threads' first post. http://www.head-fi.org/t/717947/fiio-x5-custom-modded-firmwares#post_10529604

As of now text size is fixed, but i hope i can change that in the near future. It's not possible with modded firmware though.

I'd be most grateful. Thanks in advance.

My biggest beef is with the progress bar time font, I really struggle with that one. The other ones are on the top bar, perhaps not the size but the grey colour. Please someone (Fiio?) make it more contrasty (white will do just fine IMO).

And the battery indicator as it is is just about useless for me. Can't see the damn thing properly. I'm sure it can be done better. (hint, digital cameras, hint). Make it green when full, one bar left - change to orange or yellow (don't go too far with your DAP, start looking for power outlet), no bars - blinking red (charge immediately or else..).

Aug 21, 2014 at 7:59 PM Post #290 of 2,614

My biggest beef is with the progress bar time font, I really struggle with that one. The other ones are on the top bar, perhaps not the size but the grey colour. Please someone (Fiio?) make it more contrasty (white will do just fine IMO).

And the battery indicator as it is is just about useless for me. Can't see the damn thing properly. I'm sure it can be done better. (hint, digital cameras, hint). Make it green when full, one bar left - change to orange or yellow (don't go too far with your DAP, start looking for power outlet), no bars - blinking red (charge immediately or else..).

At this point i can't promise anything yet.

You're right, the X5 should be better readable!

Aug 22, 2014 at 3:16 AM Post #291 of 2,614

I totally agree with this, I have been struggling with the font on the now playing screen and battery indicator from day one.

Let's hope that we don't have to wait for the Fiio engineers to get old before it's implemented.

Aug 22, 2014 at 8:36 AM Post #292 of 2,614
  Hi

In Poland we have new windows drivers for X3 and X5. I love the sound  with new drivers - very best!

http://muzostajnia.wordpress.com/2014/08/10/fiio-x3-x5-nowe-sterowniki-usb/

Cheers!

thank you, i've installed the drivers, they work perfectly :D

Aug 22, 2014 at 11:14 AM Post #293 of 2,614
Hey guys, sorry for the delay. I just updated the first post with the links for the new 2.2 official firmware and mods that are currently available.

Happy updating! :D

Aug 22, 2014 at 11:57 AM Post #294 of 2,614
  updates to my firmwares.
apart from the icon movement, i have changed the opacity of the bottom part on the "playing" screen, making the albumart slightly more visible. text is still as visible as well needed.

wheel and icons moving in opposite directions:

https://mega.co.nz/#!bY43gJAQ!BaagH5lQDa8r8yVGOUaU53gPZTJL0t5-YmaOO1pyNLw

wheel and icons moving in same direction:

https://mega.co.nz/#!OIQFHSaL!a4qpWah-ZmM2fBmGb3hucaCxNyHbJnwvYfBWYOyg1Cw

As cooperpwc made me notice, I forgot to include your firmware updates.

I just need the following details to properly document them in the first post:
  1. Are they based on fw 2.2?
  2. Are they the standard menu (on the left) or 90 degree rotated?
  3. Are they reverse scrolling? (each with the wheel going in opposite direction and icons in the same direction?)

Aug 22, 2014 at 5:42 PM Post #297 of 2,614
As cooperpwc made me notice, I forgot to include your firmware updates.

I just need the following details to properly document them in the first post:
  • Are they based on fw 2.2?
  • Are they the standard menu (on the left) or 90 degree rotated?
  • Are they reverse scrolling? (each with the wheel going in opposite direction and icons in the same direction?)

2.20*
90° rotated
The one saying it's opposite is opposite (wheel from L to R = icons from R to L), the other is same direction (wheel from L to R = icons from L to R)

Would someone else be willing to post/host the new Windows USB drivers?  They seem to have been removed from the Polish link provided earlier.  Thanks.

https://mega.co.nz/#!jUQHTb4D!FWVyXJC5OqcO0EovCkQgnbH5h0gorq5HH-MQinI0fLs

I wonder why it was deleted?

Aug 22, 2014 at 6:37 PM Post #298 of 2,614
I don't know if FiiO updated the driver on their website. I would think so because they have a link to the driver in the post announcing fw 2.2.

Also, I updated the first post with correct descriptions and download links.

Aug 22, 2014 at 6:39 PM Post #300 of 2,614
I don't know if FiiO updated the driver on their website. I would think so because they have a link to the driver in the post announcing fw 2.2.

Also, I updated the first post with correct descriptions and download links.

This driver wasn't released by FiiO, i believe it to be created/modified by those Polish guys...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back