Fiio X5 - Custom/Modded firmwares
Aug 12, 2014 at 4:54 AM Post #257 of 2,614
The new firmware, fw2.20, contains one new image, named "key_lock2.png"

This seems to be the only file you need to keep into account when modifying your already existing themes for the new firmware.

Aug 12, 2014 at 5:15 AM Post #258 of 2,614
updates to my firmwares.
apart from the icon movement, i have changed the opacity of the bottom part on the "playing" screen, making the albumart slightly more visible. text is still as visible as well needed.

wheel and icons moving in opposite directions:

https://mega.co.nz/#!bY43gJAQ!BaagH5lQDa8r8yVGOUaU53gPZTJL0t5-YmaOO1pyNLw

wheel and icons moving in same direction:

https://mega.co.nz/#!OIQFHSaL!a4qpWah-ZmM2fBmGb3hucaCxNyHbJnwvYfBWYOyg1Cw

Aug 12, 2014 at 5:17 AM Post #259 of 2,614
"key_lock2.png" should be the "old key_lock1.png", so I guess all 3 "key_lock" images will have changed.

Aug 12, 2014 at 5:20 AM Post #260 of 2,614
"key_lock2.png" should be the "old key_lock1.png", so I guess all 3 "key_lock" images will have changed.

I should have specified this, thanks :)

Aug 12, 2014 at 10:22 PM Post #261 of 2,614
  updates to my firmwares.
apart from the icon movement, i have changed the opacity of the bottom part on the "playing" screen, making the albumart slightly more visible. text is still as visible as well needed.

wheel and icons moving in opposite directions:

https://mega.co.nz/#!bY43gJAQ!BaagH5lQDa8r8yVGOUaU53gPZTJL0t5-YmaOO1pyNLw

wheel and icons moving in same direction:

https://mega.co.nz/#!OIQFHSaL!a4qpWah-ZmM2fBmGb3hucaCxNyHbJnwvYfBWYOyg1Cw

Big thanks CH23 as I love your mods.  By any chance did you include the "spinning record" for when album art is missing?  I really prefer that to the stock Fiio screen!

Aug 12, 2014 at 10:56 PM Post #262 of 2,614
+1. 

Default screen is way too busy IMO.

Aug 12, 2014 at 11:30 PM Post #263 of 2,614
Big thanks CH23 as I love your mods.  By any chance did you include the "spinning record" for when album art is missing?  I really prefer that to the stock Fiio screen!

*gasps*

Missing albumart!?

Oh the monstrosity! ;P

No sorry, i did not. That's cooperpwc's domain...

I try to keep everything as stock as possible.

Aug 13, 2014 at 1:01 AM Post #264 of 2,614
:)

I will do an update when I get a chance. Truth is, since I got my Calyx M I am not using the X5 + Pico power stack all that often. I still think that it is very good but the M wins as a standalone DAP.

I go in cycles though. I am keeping the X5.

Aug 13, 2014 at 10:51 AM Post #266 of 2,614
  :)

I will do an update when I get a chance. Truth is, since I got my Calyx M I am not using the X5 + Pico power stack all that often. I still think that it is very good but the M wins as a standalone DAP.

I go in cycles though. I am keeping the X5.

Off-topic Comment: I tried the Calyx M, screen appears a little fuzzy and have its colours wrong (or maybe the set I tested has issues?)

On-topic Comment: Just wondering, what limitations do I need to remember if I were to ever make a X5 mod?

Aug 17, 2014 at 12:47 AM Post #269 of 2,614
  On-topic Comment: Just wondering, what limitations do I need to remember if I were to ever make a X5 mod?

I haven't done mods myself but from my understanding you can overhaul the main menu entirely, change the default "Now Playing" image to anything you want and change the theme color with the exception of the top bar.

If I'm wrong or missed anything, I'm sure actual modders will correct me.

Aug 17, 2014 at 1:52 AM Post #270 of 2,614

I haven't done mods myself but from my understanding you can overhaul the main menu entirely, change the default "Now Playing" image to anything you want and change the theme color with the exception of the top bar.

If I'm wrong or missed anything, I'm sure actual modders will correct me.

Hmmm... How about the number of images used in the animations?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back