Fiio X5 - Custom/Modded firmwares
Jun 10, 2014 at 10:12 PM Post #166 of 2,614
I don't think so. You may find options like the text only theme to be preferable, but they won't alter scrolling behavior.

You might want to hold off on returning the player though (if you don't have a better alternative) because these issues are likely to be fixed in future FW updates based on the Bugzilla tickets

Jun 11, 2014 at 12:43 AM Post #167 of 2,614
All the firmwares available here are re-themes. The FiiO firmware is not open enough for anyone to extensively tamper with it. Also the source code is not publicly available for anyone outside FiiO.

Your best options right now are to wait for the next firmware, contact FiiO or, as a last resort, return the player.

Jun 11, 2014 at 1:39 AM Post #168 of 2,614
I'd like to add to the two posters above, that removing album art from your tracks will reduce some of the lag. I understand that this isn't optimal, but it works as a work around.

Jun 11, 2014 at 2:52 AM Post #169 of 2,614
Thanks for your replies guys, do you think they'll be adding support for play lists in the future? Also a way to access the album or the artist directly from the play screen after you have just selected the song outside of the album?

Jun 11, 2014 at 9:22 AM Post #170 of 2,614
Playlist support is coming to both X3 and X5, FiiO is working on this. You can see the details in this thread.

Not sure about your question. If you are asking to see the details of the album and artist from the now playing screen, they should be displayed at the bottom of the screen right under the track title. If you're asking for navigation directly to album or artist directly from a track, I don't recall this being possible at this moment. For now, your best option would be long-press upper left button then navigate to the desired location.

Jun 11, 2014 at 9:29 AM Post #171 of 2,614
Thanks for your replies guys, do you think they'll be adding support for play lists in the future? Also a way to access the album or the artist directly from the play screen after you have just selected the song outside of the album?

I know they have been talking seriously about playlists...not sure about the navigation option you're looking at...

In the meantime...I made a stripped down version of the Matrix Theme. Its the Matrix theme minus the animations, images, etc....navigation looks like this;

Not exactly groundbreaking, I know, but nice and clean...

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/64083930/x5StrippedMatrix.zip

Jun 11, 2014 at 1:28 PM Post #172 of 2,614
Hmm that does look interesting. When I was saying about navigating directly to artist/album, I mean if I'm listening to a song from a certain album that I have not chosen through the play by category, artist option and just from all songs instead, a way to access that album/artist directly from now playing, this would be a killer feature for me

Jun 12, 2014 at 12:06 AM Post #173 of 2,614
Hmm that does look interesting. When I was saying about navigating directly to artist/album, I mean if I'm listening to a song from a certain album that I have not chosen through the play by category, artist option and just from all songs instead, a way to access that album/artist directly from now playing, this would be a killer feature for me

Yes a 'browse to current' feature would be good but not available at this point.

Jun 12, 2014 at 4:00 AM Post #175 of 2,614
Aztechno Beta 1.0 completed! (Based on Fiio Firmware release 2.0)

Use at your own peril, but know that I am currently using it just fine on my X5, no problems.

Let me know if you see any bugs and all that jazz.

In the next build I will redo the topbar which I'm not happy with.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/1o69oc9bnzfvjkw/x5.fw

Just set up this firmware! Love it! Great work. Thank you!

Is there any way to change fontcolor from orange to more similar to theme color.
I mean Hints in menu (now playing at the pic above) font color and track name while playing?

Jun 12, 2014 at 4:23 AM Post #176 of 2,614
Anyone have any idea when this could be available? What I'm asking is, is it a feature that would be hard to implement?

Well, we've been a asking for it since the X3 was first released, and again on the X5 since it's been released. So............ Is it hard to implement?......... still waiting.

If you're wondering if we could mod it with this feature the answer is no, we do not have access to the code. The FW is proprietary and can't be modded except for cosmetic theme adjustments.

Jun 12, 2014 at 5:41 AM Post #177 of 2,614
Having used the Matrix theme for a while, beautiful as it is, I don't find the text menu to make things easier. I love the way that flowerlandfilm's Aztechno wheel gears up layer by layer to the moving icons. For me, the Aztechno gold 90° rotated menu reversed scrolling (direct download) is still the best in daily use.

Matter of taste, of course. 

Jun 12, 2014 at 6:30 AM Post #178 of 2,614
  Having used the Matrix theme for a while, beautiful as it is, I don't find the text menu to make things easier. I love the way that flowerlandfilm's Aztechno wheel gears up layer by layer to the moving icons. For me, the Aztechno gold 90° rotated menu reversed scrolling (direct download) is still the best in daily use.

Matter of taste, of course. 

Agreed - that's what I'm using and when it comes to taste, I am also a Gentle Giant fan.

Jun 12, 2014 at 7:26 AM Post #180 of 2,614
Just set up this firmware! Love it! Great work. Thank you!

Is there any way to change fontcolor from orange to more similar to theme color.
I mean Hints in menu (now playing at the pic above) font color and track name while playing?

From the comments I've seen, this can't be done. I'll would seem the font colour is hard coded within the code and can't be changed through config files or such.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back