Fiio X5 - Custom/Modded firmwares
Feb 3, 2015 at 2:57 AM Post #1,171 of 2,614
Yes all of that thread is correct, and if you read it you would have seen the part that says 2.4 inch screen.

Now if you measure the screen while it's on you will see 2.4“ working which means the whole screen is utilised,do u understand? Or is this true about being a troll?

Feb 3, 2015 at 3:09 AM Post #1,172 of 2,614
Yes all of that thread is correct, and if you read it you would have seen the part that says 2.4 inch screen.

Now if you measure the screen while it's on you will see 2.4“ working which means the whole screen is utilised,do u understand? Or is this true about being a troll?

I'm sorry. I wasn't trolling. I made an honest mistake. I mixed up between the Blackberry models.

Feb 3, 2015 at 3:46 AM Post #1,174 of 2,614
  1. Anybody on here own a turntable and could take a short HQ vid of the needle dropping onto the vinyl?
  2. This thread is for mods and themes. I will red flag folks who take the thread off topic and if you think I'm joking you don't know my Head-Fi existence. Respect the thread. I have my questions pushed off to another page because of a screen issue.
  3. I expect some folks to start doing vids and following my lead. If you are in it for yourself you would not be sharing so maybe consider taking a video walkthrough of your masterpiece (Relic
    wink.gif
    ) that thing is too beautiful to be believed. Lot more folks will get it on their device if they can see it in action.

1. I create a channel like the basshead one that has 80,000 views

2. or you guys make one with a  password shared with active themeres and the OP ... narrate a sequence of things to show like start up...walkthrough...shutdown
I can just download the theme and do it myself but I would think only the old themes would need that as current themers can do it themselves.

My thread is about 200,000 views filled with notorious folks (bassheads) and we keep a tight ship. I think the OP is doing a fine job. No reason a G.U.I based modification can't get some video love....or not?I will do it one way or another. And off topic stuff should cease now. It's ridiculous for me and Theo and Relic to have our stuff and conversations about them pushed off page because of 2 dudes not even making themes...that's for the other thread or PM's

Anybody got a turntable? Mines in Hawaii and I am in Japan

Feb 3, 2015 at 3:54 AM Post #1,175 of 2,614
Feb 3, 2015 at 3:58 AM Post #1,176 of 2,614
@Hawaiibadboy dude, you should reallky take it easy.. it is a public thread, and the question was about a theme that would use the entire screen. we are discussing things on thread!

about your ideea, why don't use a gif from internet, there are a lot of open-source, and are easier to compile and use, than filming. also, unless you have a tripod for camera, stutter might be a problem when filming the "needle drop"...

Feb 3, 2015 at 4:01 AM Post #1,177 of 2,614
Relic!!!my man...thanks!!

Something felt odd about them so I will flip them tonight and go with green/red text for folks with less than 20/20 vision.

Do you think I can enlarge the volume knob  and make 20 images for it? little gold LED tip rotating 20 frames which would be 1 for every five ish of the 120 movements
t

I think it may be possible if you use a 400x328 image for the volume pic and enlarge the arcs accordingly. I haven't tried it yet but I'd be interested in giving it a shot later if you don't beat me to it. I don't see anywhere for the volume coordinates so I'm curious to see if this can work. As far as using 20 images I don't think that would work as the code is sourcing certain images with certain names and if there are more it may ignore them or worse lock it up.

I just had mine lock up testing a top bar tweak and I misspelled a file. The whole topbar went white and the X5 locked up when I tried going in to any menu selection. Scared the crap out of me. :eek:

Feb 3, 2015 at 4:02 AM Post #1,178 of 2,614
@Hawaiibadboy
 dude, you should reallky take it easy.. it is a public thread, and the question was about a theme that would use the entire screen. we are discussing things on thread!

about your ideea, why don't use a gif from internet, there are a lot of open-source, and are easier to compile and use, than filming. also, unless you have a tripod for camera, stutter might be a problem when filming the "needle drop"...

I'm not sure gif will work. If the file isn't a .png then the FW freaks out. You're welcome to try though.

Feb 3, 2015 at 4:27 AM Post #1,180 of 2,614
  @Hawaiibadboy dude, you should reallky take it easy..
blink.gif

Quote:

I am not sure if this is hard trolling even to the hardest side of it, or if you really belive what you just said...

Posting Etiquette 

1. Be polite. We encourage debating in the forums, but avoid defamatory statements, personal attacks, racial slurs, name-calling, and cursing at others in the forums.

I would suggest calling out a member as a Troll might make you need some time in the take it easy chair with me.
wink.gif

Thanks for the suggest but most folks with real cameras have tripods like myself but I don't have my turntable. I have looked and the actual drop close up with a person fingers on it is rare. I had to capture the moment off a youtube video and convert it frame by frame myself. I was just hoping some camera/audiophile gek would like to make some art that will go on a lot of folks X5's

I'll keep looking

Feb 3, 2015 at 4:35 AM Post #1,182 of 2,614
Thanks for the interest in the Analog theme. I'm debating between doing an icon in both small circles and having the text appear below the large meter. In practice the text is slightly difficult to read. Thoughts?

In the screen shot the text looks pretty clear to me. I really like the 2 smaller windows under the main dial. I think the icons should speak for themselves.
I'm not sure if I like the percentage numbers in the battery indicator. To me that breaks the analog feel just a bit more than it needs to.
Just my 2 cents. I love what you have done so far. I'm sure it will be amazing.

David

Feb 3, 2015 at 4:40 AM Post #1,183 of 2,614
  • Anybody on here own a turntable and could take a short HQ vid of the needle dropping onto the vinyl?
  • This thread is for mods and themes. I will red flag folks who take the thread off topic and if you think I'm joking you don't know my Head-Fi existence. Respect the thread. I have my questions pushed off to another page because of a screen issue.
  • I expect some folks to start doing vids and following my lead. If you are in it for yourself you would not be sharing so maybe consider taking a video walkthrough of your masterpiece (Relic:wink: ) that thing is too beautiful to be believed. Lot more folks will get it on their device if they can see it in action.

1. I create a channel like the basshead one that has 80,000 views

2. or you guys make one with a  password shared with active themeres and the OP ... narrate a sequence of things to show like start up...walkthrough...shutdown
I can just download the theme and do it myself but I would think only the old themes would need that as current themers can do it themselves.

My thread is about 200,000 views filled with notorious folks (bassheads) and we keep a tight ship. I think the OP is doing a fine job. No reason a G.U.I based modification can't get some video love....or not?I will do it one way or another. And off topic stuff should cease now. It's ridiculous for me and Theo and Relic to have our stuff and conversations about them pushed off page because of 2 dudes not even making themes...that's for the other thread or PM's

Anybody got a turntable? Mines in Hawaii and I am in Japan

I own a turntable and a crappy Canon 10mp camera with a tripod.

Do you need any special lighting and file format or anything will do?

Feb 3, 2015 at 6:55 AM Post #1,185 of 2,614

This is from dropbox and should have the newest additions.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/cm9crr1vb55w41v/x5.fw?dl=0

If you get a chance and still have bandwidth left let me know if you are seeing this behind the settings screens.

P.S.
I am working on the opening animation. Same type of needle drop but higher quality

Downloaded and updated. I have that image now and it looks awesome. Not sure if I'm imagining stuff but did you decrease the brightness of the "X5 Settings" image in the main menu? For some reason, that reduced brightness looks natural for the "Equaliser" and "Playback Settings" main menu images, but not for this "X5 Settings" one. Maybe I am being too pedantic with your theme.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back