Fiio X5 - Custom/Modded firmwares
Feb 2, 2015 at 9:48 PM Post #1,156 of 2,614
  Kudos to all of you modders!

I downloaded a lot of the stuff (and will have to redownload them since they got updated), but I yet to try any of em. I'm still on FW2.0 

I initially thought I'd go for the Tesla, then McFiio but then the HiFi one's gotten quite exquisite looking now uh (diggin the start up animation's shutting off the world /powering up the dap).
And damn that analog dial is a beauty Relic! I love Breguet watches, and that dial makes me want to use it! 
I guess it's time for me to upgrade to FW2.4 and fiddle with the Hi-Fi mod until the Analog McFiio's out  uh 

ps: don't hesitate to post more screenshots like HBB did (youtube even better).

Twist my arm why don't cha
wink.gif

"Hi-Fi" revision 3​

​
 ​
I will change the eq lights from purple to match the goldish theme/lighting and make a larger volume knob and try to use 25 images to show the rotation of the volume dial.​
That would be cool. Anyone know it that's not possible? Please let me know​
 ​
 ​
The FiiO Frank Sinatra apple looking icon was switched to this Dj as we are Dj's in the way we spin the tracks and play with the music. I like it much better. Please use if you like. It's one of the only ones I found that had a chance at 23x23 but if you know what it is it's easier to see when its 23x23.

Please do not submit mod or revisions of "Hi-Fi" Make your own dream like Flowerlandfilms,CH23,Theo and Asian.
Oh and "that guy" that's about to drop a classic
wink.gif
...Relic. That will be my 2nd and only other theme on tap.

So yeah.
Anyone know if I can add 20 images to the volume knob?
It's my next theme upgrade and I do not see coordinates for the knob. assuming it's (0) then maybe I can just enlarge it and drop the trip light effects??

Feb 2, 2015 at 11:17 PM Post #1,158 of 2,614
Gentlemen, 

I have a few days off, so will be working on my Modern Simplicity theme. 

Over the last few weeks I've been studying Google's Material Design guide meticulously in my spare time. So I'm redesigning Modern Simplicity from the ground up, paying careful attention to detail with regards to the Material Design guide (down to the last pixel, including the specific shadow effects). So whatever aspects of the theme that I can change, I'm going to try and stick to the design principle as closely as possible. 

Here's a quick little sneak peak of what I've done so far :

Nice one, looks nifty. As an android user myself who is looking forward to the lollipop upgrade, this should be awesome.

Feb 2, 2015 at 11:22 PM Post #1,159 of 2,614
Twist my arm why don't cha :wink:

[COLOR=DAA520]"Hi-Fi"[/COLOR] revision 3​

I will change the eq lights from purple to match the goldish theme/lighting and make a larger volume knob and try to use 25 images to show the rotation of the volume dial.​
That would be cool. Anyone know it that's not possible? Please let me know​

The FiiO Frank Sinatra apple looking icon was switched to this Dj as we are Dj's in the way we spin the tracks and play with the music. I like it much better. Please use if you like. It's one of the only ones I found that had a chance at 23x23 but if you know what it is it's easier to see when its 23x23.

Please do not submit mod or revisions of "Hi-Fi" Make your own dream like Flowerlandfilms,CH23,Theo and Asian.
Oh and "that guy" that's about to drop a classic:wink: ...Relic. That will be my 2nd and only other theme on tap.

So yeah.
Anyone know if I can add 20 images to the volume knob?
It's my next theme upgrade and I do not see coordinates for the knob. assuming it's (0) then maybe I can just enlarge it and drop the trip light effects??
More refinements. At this rate, I might have to upgrade my monthly data allowance. My way of saying I am loving the rate of these updates :)

Feb 3, 2015 at 12:12 AM Post #1,160 of 2,614
More refinements. At this rate, I might have to upgrade my monthly data allowance. My way of saying I am loving the rate of these updates
smily_headphones1.gif

Thanks.
I will be updating small tweaks once a week so it will be easier on your data load.
Let me know what you do not like so I can fix it. Feedback is like gold....very valuable
beerchug.gif

Feb 3, 2015 at 12:31 AM Post #1,161 of 2,614
Thanks.
I will be updating small tweaks once a week so it will be easier on your data load.
Let me know what you do not like so I can fix it. Feedback is like gold....very valuable:beerchug:
Not at all. The more the merrier :) I honestly think the theme is pretty impressive as is. If I had to be picky, then I would mention the start up image which we previously discussed, which you said you were working on anyway. The only oddity is the background of the Play Settings menu once selected which in your latest video is different to what I have installed. Either look fine to me but I noticed it as the only difference. Colour of the new toggle switches depending on their position would be awesome, something you also alluded to in your video.

Feb 3, 2015 at 12:57 AM Post #1,162 of 2,614
Not at all. The more the merrier
smily_headphones1.gif
I honestly think the theme is pretty impressive as is. If I had to be picky, then I would mention the start up image which we previously discussed, which you said you were working on anyway. The only oddity is the background of the Play Settings menu once selected which in your latest video is different to what I have installed. Either look fine to me but I noticed it as the only difference. Colour of the new toggle switches depending on their position would be awesome, something you also alluded to in your video.

This is from dropbox and should have the newest additions.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/cm9crr1vb55w41v/x5.fw?dl=0

If you get a chance and still have bandwidth left let me know if you are seeing this behind the settings screens.

P.S.
I am working on the opening animation. Same type of needle drop but higher quality

Feb 3, 2015 at 12:59 AM Post #1,163 of 2,614
Hawaiibadboy my ONLY critique would be the toggles are reversed from what feels natural to me and the default FW. I prefer the toggle to be off when switched to the left and on when switched to the right. That's my only observation and more or less my preference, however either way works.

Feb 3, 2015 at 1:17 AM Post #1,164 of 2,614
  Kudos to all of you modders!

I downloaded a lot of the stuff (and will have to redownload them since they got updated), but I yet to try any of em. I'm still on FW2.0 

I initially thought I'd go for the Tesla, then McFiio but then the HiFi one's gotten quite exquisite looking now uh (diggin the start up animation's shutting off the world /powering up the dap).
And damn that analog dial is a beauty Relic! I love Breguet watches, and that dial makes me want to use it! 
I guess it's time for me to upgrade to FW2.4 and fiddle with the Hi-Fi mod until the Analog McFiio's out  uh 
atsmile.gif

ps: don't hesitate to post more screenshots like HBB did (youtube even better).

not updated, 2.4 very bad sound

Feb 3, 2015 at 1:23 AM Post #1,165 of 2,614
I have zero issues with 2.4 and I wouldn't hesitate to recommend it to anyone. Not sure what you're hearing but perhaps take it to the main thread to discuss sound quality instead of the custom themes thread.

Feb 3, 2015 at 1:31 AM Post #1,166 of 2,614
@Hawaiibadboy my ONLY critique would be the toggles are reversed from what feels natural to me and the default FW. I prefer the toggle to be off when switched to the left and on when switched to the right. That's my only observation and more or less my preference, however either way works.

Relic!!!my man...thanks!!

Something felt odd about them so I will flip them tonight and go with green/red text for folks with less than 20/20 vision.

Do you think I can enlarge the volume knob  and make 20 images for it? little gold LED tip rotating 20 frames which would be 1 for every five ish of the 120 movements
t

Feb 3, 2015 at 2:23 AM Post #1,168 of 2,614

Cause the screen wasn't manufactured to Fiio's specs. Fiio designed the X5 around a surplus of Blackberry 9000 screens they purchased.

I am not sure if this is hard trolling even to the hardest side of it, or if you really belive what you just said...

man, the sides of x5 are not getting light, there is a certain difference in how the material looks like.. you can see the ending of screen right under the black sides, there is no more screen.. at first i too wanted it to be more screen, but after that, it is a music player, and a square display is best, because, you know, cover art..

Feb 3, 2015 at 2:27 AM Post #1,169 of 2,614
  I am not sure if this is hard trolling even to the hardest side of it, or if you really belive what you just said...

man, the sides of x5 are not getting light, there is a certain difference in how the material looks like.. you can see the ending of screen right under the black sides, there is no more screen.. at first i too wanted it to be more screen, but after that, it is a music player, and a square display is best, because, you know, cover art..

YOU are in the Theme thread bro. Get out and go to the X5 thread and not continue a troll if it is one since I am asking questions about my mod.
Show some common sense.
If it IS a troll you gonna feed it and jam up this thread???

C'mon!!!!

Again.....my question
  Relic!!!my man...thanks!!

Something felt odd about them so I will flip them tonight and go with green/red text for folks with less than 20/20 vision.

Do you think I can enlarge the volume knob  and make 20 images for it? little gold LED tip rotating 20 frames which would be 1 for every five ish of the 120 movements

Feb 3, 2015 at 2:46 AM Post #1,170 of 2,614

A post by James taken from the X5 thread.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back