Fiio X5 - Custom/Modded firmwares
Jan 28, 2015 at 8:30 AM Post #1,096 of 2,614
Jan 28, 2015 at 9:55 AM Post #1,100 of 2,614
anyone is up knowing enough to do this?..

i doubt that even if one had better firmwares, it would be possible to apply due to hardware restrictions... the only thing possible to be done is search for the best player that already has the best SQ and has the exact same DAC, and apply something from it to x5... but i think that fiio already did a wonderfull job!

Jan 28, 2015 at 10:04 AM Post #1,101 of 2,614
I have updated the first post to remove @Carel old submissions (to his request) and link to the new one. v2.0 and 2.36beta are in the archive thread (both in english and russian) and v2.4 is in the first post.

I also updated @Hawaiibadboy changelog link to the latest post. There was no need to update the direct link as it was the same as before.

Jan 28, 2015 at 10:59 AM Post #1,103 of 2,614
  anyone is up knowing enough to do this?..

i doubt that even if one had better firmwares, it would be possible to apply due to hardware restrictions... the only thing possible to be done is search for the best player that already has the best SQ and has the exact same DAC, and apply something from it to x5... but i think that fiio already did a wonderfull job!

Yes, did messed up the sound after firmware 2.0))

Jan 28, 2015 at 11:00 AM Post #1,104 of 2,614
  I have updated the first post to remove @Carel old submissions (to his request) and link to the new one. v2.0 and 2.36beta are in the archive thread (both in english and russian) and v2.4 is in the first post.

I also updated @Hawaiibadboy changelog link to the latest post. There was no need to update the direct link as it was the same as before.

thank you))

Jan 28, 2015 at 2:32 PM Post #1,105 of 2,614
  8, the icon will release a new firmware version, and then add. White battery does not look, I already tried. Thank you!

Yes after more use the blue battery blends well with the other blue highlights you have used - progress bar in Now Playing, settings etc..
If it is not possible to position an eighth image in the launcher, then the way round it would be to add the image to the bg.png

Jan 28, 2015 at 6:21 PM Post #1,106 of 2,614
In Use:

[rule]

[rule]Theme>>>>>https://www.dropbox.com/s/cm9crr1vb55w41v/x5.fw?dl=0
Updated 1/28/2015
[rule]
Notes and observations:

This thread is like a restaurant with a bunch of good chefs with big ego's and happy customers who speak little if the chefs ever see them at all.

I see it like that and it's easier for me.

I have O.C.D and that is why my bassthread is all about the visual first and then we discuss. It was a singular hunt for a bass hit. Very particular so it is possible to not get lost in a haze of opinions and boasts. The general population is a group i do not mingle with much so my manner is not very smooth. Nothing personal just not into general chit chat.

This thread attracted me because it is doing something clear. Clear to do and to see the results.

I wanted a better interface and I built around a theme in my mind. The whole thing is an intimate experience of turning out the world and turning on the music. The missing album art is the image I wanted to use and Romani showed me by a miss that i could use it and it is a guy waking away cuz that LP does not belong in that sleeve....where is the cover?....it's perfect!! The private search through albums....the public but crowdless hunt through the shop of category located in sunny southern california with the perfect lighting The icons are intimate and the shutdown is when the music stops and the world returns. I nailed my own image and a couple folks in here helped me along and Romani...the talkative customer helped me by re enforcing my goal to get at my dream.

I played with my theme and a friend with stock and I am so very very pleased with mine.

I am a happy chef. Good luck to us all.

Music is a memory.

I remember listening to 50 ways by paul Simon in my mothers car but was too short to see out the window. Photos are moments and music is memories. I finally fused the 2.

Today was a good day!!

@Nicolas2305

If you can link this post to the post link in archives I would appreciate it:beerchug:
Thanks for the call out @Hawaiibadboy. Considering we live on opposite sides of the planet, it is pretty impressive team work. Glad some of my feedback helped get your theme where you wanted it to be.

Was thinking about the start up animation. All I could envisage that would perfectly suit your theme would be an elegant pair of lit up speakers in motion with nothing but them in view, accompanied by your existing "Hifi".

Also, been using your theme for a while now and the only thing I noticed was the tendency of the battery meter to erratically alternate between levels and colours when hovering around 50%. Not sure if you're seeing it too and if anything can be done about it.

Jan 28, 2015 at 9:45 PM Post #1,107 of 2,614
Thanks for the call out @Hawaiibadboy. Considering we live on opposite sides of the planet, it is pretty impressive team work. Glad some of my feedback helped get your theme where you wanted it to be.

Was thinking about the start up animation. All I could envisage that would perfectly suit your theme would be an elegant pair of lit up speakers in motion with nothing but them in view, accompanied by your existing "Hifi".

Also, been using your theme for a while now and the only thing I noticed was the tendency of the battery meter to erratically alternate between levels and colours when hovering around 50%. Not sure if you're seeing it too and if anything can be done about it.

I'm loving the message of the speaker planet animation but quality is poor related to the rest.
I already have another needle droppin vinyl but i gotta work so it will take until tonight japan time to create and install it. It will look really nice and matching the overall theme.

I will check the battery as it maybe needs a bar to be changed.

Thanks  very very much for the feedback.
beerchug.gif

Jan 28, 2015 at 10:20 PM Post #1,108 of 2,614
 I'm loving the message of the speaker planet animation but quality is poor related to the rest.
I already have another needle droppin vinyl but i gotta work so it will take until tonight japan time to create and install it. It will look really nice and matching the overall theme.

I will check the battery as it maybe needs a bar to be changed.

Thanks  very very much for the feedback. :beerchug:
All good, can't wait to see it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back