Fiio X5 - Custom/Modded firmwares
Jan 27, 2015 at 6:18 PM Post #1,081 of 2,614
I have no difficulties updating firmware and i know the process of doing so, it's only this one theme file I'm having difficulties with.I've managed to try all the other themes without any problems. All other files I extract unpack and they are fine to go but with this file doesn't matter what I try no luck. ... Help Cheers.

Ah I see, I'll try out Hi-Fi when I get home and see if I get the same problem.

Jan 27, 2015 at 7:29 PM Post #1,082 of 2,614
I have no difficulties updating firmware and i know the process of doing so, it's only this one theme file I'm having difficulties with.I've managed to try all the other themes without any problems. All other files I extract unpack and they are fine to go but with this file doesn't matter what I try no luck. ... Help Cheers.
I'm not having any issues installing his theme. Worked with me first go. Have you tried re-downloading his theme in case you managed to get a corrupt version somehow?

Jan 27, 2015 at 8:48 PM Post #1,083 of 2,614
I'll stop working on new themes for a while and focus on refining the themes that I have already made. If you use any of my themes or have tried one in the past, please give me suggestions or feedback. Thanks

Jan 27, 2015 at 10:05 PM Post #1,084 of 2,614
OK, so had a deeper dive. One thing I noticed is that there is one image you used twice, once in the Browse Files main menu, the other for the Now Playing screen where there is no artwork. I would personally suggest the one for the latter is modified to something different, maybe a piano or something. Benefit of segregating is a user like me who is now establishing where I am at based on images will be able to tell without potential for confusion. Hope I am making sense.

Oh the browsing main icon and the now playing when there is no album art?

I'll fix that now. Thanks
biggrin.gif

UPDATED Hi-Fi
https://www.dropbox.com/s/cm9crr1vb55w41v/x5.fw?dl=0

The missing art image is kinda retro and implies..."Where the f____ is that album?"........
**takes off headphones and ....walks away...**

Jan 27, 2015 at 10:41 PM Post #1,085 of 2,614

It is just a regular drop box file. Size wise and everything else wise is pretty notrmal.
I just updated it so try again and let me know if you still have issues.
Thanks for trying

@Carel  Thanks for the coordiantes help (saved me a buncha time)
@Romani  I had made a note to try it but your feedback was the push i needed to execute my dream. Full screens with clear hints....road signs. I spent hours on hours finding stuff that fit like the album shop in southern california for the category which had the best lighting. Only future updates will be a new starter animation, new system settings image. and mini tweaks.

I love it very much and am using it happily!!

Thanks for all the support
beerchug.gif

Jan 27, 2015 at 11:34 PM Post #1,087 of 2,614

It is just a regular drop box file. Size wise and everything else wise is pretty notrmal.
Thanks for trying

@Romani  I had made a note to try it but your feedback was the push i needed to execute my dream. Full screens with clear hints....road signs. I spent hours on hours finding stuff that fit like the album shop in southern california for the category which had the best lighting. Only future updates will be a new starter animation, new system settings image. and mini tweaks.

beerchug.gif

Just downloaded and installed the latest and greatest. Perfecto!...the image you modified is exactly the one i was referring to. Bring on the new start up animation, a nice to have, takes nothing away from your theme! Well done and thanks again Sir :)

Jan 27, 2015 at 11:39 PM Post #1,088 of 2,614
  Just downloaded and installed the latest and greatest. Perfecto!...the image you modified is exactly the one i was referring to. Bring on the new start up animation, a nice to have, takes nothing away from your theme! Well done and thanks again Sir :)

Thanks!

Even having 1 guy using it makes me wanna keep the theme solid and improving.
I stayed away from genre' specific and brand specifics to keep it audiophile. I thought I was a unique dude or something cuz I love it....even more after you pointed out the glitch!
Thank you for sticking with it. Give me time and it will be better in subtle little ways but better.

Thank you very very much!! The power of feedback is enormous for me. It's my fuel!! Thanks again!!

Jan 27, 2015 at 11:42 PM Post #1,089 of 2,614
I'll stop working on new themes for a while and focus on refining the themes that I have already made. If you use any of my themes or have tried one in the past, please give me suggestions or feedback. Thanks

All your themes look refined enough to me, very professional and meticulous in fact. My only feedback for most of your themes is around readability, and I say this without having any vision related issues myself. For example, I love the Oxygen theme, however I think the active option selected in the main menu or otherwise is hard to decipher. Also the fact that the main menu item that is selected in the main menu is unhighlighted seems to be the reverse of what one would expect. I also feel the fact the System Settings and Play Settings is off-screen by default could be altered so everything is there from the onset. Hope I am making sense.

Jan 27, 2015 at 11:51 PM Post #1,090 of 2,614

Thanks!

Even having 1 guy using it makes me wanna keep the theme solid and improving.
I stayed away from genre' specific and brand specifics to keep it audiophile. I thought I was a unique dude or something cuz I love it....even more after you pointed out the glitch!
Thank you for sticking with it. Give me time and it will be better in subtle little ways but better.

Thank you very very much!! The power of feedback is enormous for me. It's my fuel!! Thanks again!!

Anytime @Hawaiibadboy. It is very easy to provide feedback. Much harder to do the work itself, so kudos to you and all the modders for doing the hard yards.

Jan 28, 2015 at 12:25 AM Post #1,091 of 2,614
AsianInvasion: Love your themes and cycle through them. As you might have seen, I've modded the Fragments theme slightly. It's one of my favorites!

Your themes are very professional in appearance and are quite intuitive. I really like that you take the time to make custom icons and toggles instead of reusing the stock ones.

I agree with Romani that readability could be improved. A bit more contrast between background and text would help. An example is the Harmony theme. I love it but find the light gray text on medium gray background hard to read. If there was more contrast, this would be my favorite! Guess I should dig into the config files and see what I can do.

:beerchug:

Jan 28, 2015 at 1:23 AM Post #1,092 of 2,614

Very nice - thank you.

For the English version you could use the English only version of msyh.ttf. This saves over 20KB and makes it much quicker to load.
The only other thing I would change is to use @x RELIC x's battery in white to make a consistent top bar.

Edit: Using it a bit further I'm thinking this would work great on a touch screen.
How about adding an eighth option - I guess it would have to be blank or a duplicate - just to make the launcher symmetrical?
Oh... and it is not a good idea to have repeat play set in the default.ini - I quickly realised with this one, but an earlier theme left me confused as to why Unitopia sounded like Frankie Goes To Hollywood
wink_face.gif

8, the icon will release a new firmware version, and then add. White battery does not look, I already tried. Thank you!

Jan 28, 2015 at 6:49 AM Post #1,093 of 2,614

Thanks for trying

beerchug.gif

Managed to download and install from my wife's laptop.....yeah it works. Love this theme, Only thing I would change are the titles to the EQ settings eg rock, jazz blah blah and have them numbered instead, but that’s only personal preference and I can certainly can live with it as it is. Fantastic job and thanks so much!

Jan 28, 2015 at 7:09 AM Post #1,094 of 2,614
In Use:

Theme>>>>>https://www.dropbox.com/s/cm9crr1vb55w41v/x5.fw?dl=0
Updated 1/28/2015

Notes and observations:

This thread is like a restaurant with a bunch of good chefs with big ego's and happy customers who speak little if the chefs ever see them at all.

I see it like that and it's easier for me.

I have O.C.D and that is why my bassthread is all about the visual first and then we discuss. It was a singular hunt for a bass hit. Very particular so it is possible to not get lost in a haze of opinions and boasts. The general population is a group i do not mingle with much so my manner is not very smooth. Nothing personal just not into general chit chat.

This thread attracted me because it is doing something clear. Clear to do and to see the results.

I wanted a better interface and I built around a theme in my mind. The whole thing is an intimate experience of turning out the world and turning on the music. The missing album art is the image I wanted to use and Romani showed me by a miss that i could use it and it is a guy waking away cuz that LP does not belong in that sleeve....where is the cover?....it's perfect!! The private search through albums....the public but crowdless hunt through the shop of category located in sunny southern california with the perfect lighting The icons are intimate and the shutdown is when the music stops and the world returns. I nailed my own image and a couple folks in here helped me along and Romani...the talkative customer helped me by re enforcing my goal to get at my dream.

I played with my theme and a friend with stock and I am so very very pleased with mine.

I am a happy chef. Good luck to us all.

Music is a memory.

I remember listening to 50 ways by paul Simon in my mothers car but was too short to see out the window. Photos are moments and music is memories. I finally fused the 2.

Today was a good day!!

@Nicolas2305

If you can link this post to the post link in archives I would appreciate it
beerchug.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back