FiiO X5 3rd gen Review Tour starts right now!!---Android based,Mastering Quality Lossless Playback Hi-Res Music Player
Jan 7, 2017 at 3:22 PM Post #212 of 677
Well, that would seem to be counter intuitive and make little sense to me. I would think the whole point of a review tour is to get advance units into the hands of the reviewers so impressions begin coming in prior to widespread release.

In an ideal world, yes. But things rarely work that way. These sorts of projects get more and more chaotic the closer to completion, and they don't have weeks and weeks of lead time.

Remember, they want to give reviewers a product that is as polished as possible, that will best represent the retail units. The earlier the review samples go out, the less polished they will be. And a slew of bad reviews can kill a product. Maybe even a company.

Jan 7, 2017 at 3:57 PM Post #213 of 677
Well, that would seem to be counter intuitive and make little sense to me. I would think the whole point of a review tour is to get advance units into the hands of the reviewers so impressions begin coming in prior to widespread release.

Patience young grasshopper. We will have them when the item is pretty much done and dusted like PinkyPowers stated. I'd rather have a polished copy to fully evaluate, than one where we need to be the Beta testers.

Jan 7, 2017 at 8:29 PM Post #214 of 677
Patience young grasshopper. We will have them when the item is pretty much done and dusted like PinkyPowers stated. I'd rather have a polished copy to fully evaluate, than one where we need to be the Beta testers.

Having reviewed an X7 with what I'd consider beta firmware, I wholeheartedly agree!!!

Jan 12, 2017 at 5:47 PM Post #215 of 677
Yes please! In Bristol UK.

Sennheiser: HD650, HD600, HD25-II, HD428, IE8. Soundmagic E10.

Fiio X3ii, Fiio X5, Sansa Clip+

Fiio E12, Objective2

http://www.head-fi.org/products/fiio-x3-2nd-gen-ultraportable-hi-res-dap/reviews/15215

I just sold my X3ii and have a new (second-hand) X5ii in the post (excited!). So if I get to be one of the lucky contestants (so to speak) I can compare the X5, the X5ii and the X5iii - how cool is that? (Just out-and-out begging here really, pretty shameless.)

Jan 12, 2017 at 6:19 PM Post #216 of 677
If the tour makes it to Bristol, you could kill two birds (or reviewers) with one stone as I'm based there as well (more out and out shameless begging! :wink: )

Jan 13, 2017 at 5:03 AM Post #217 of 677
I just sold my X3ii and have a new (second-hand) X5ii in the post (excited!). So if I get to be one of the lucky contestants (so to speak) I can compare the X5, the X5ii and the X5iii - how cool is that? (Just out-and-out begging here really, pretty shameless.)

Its a small world isn't it. I have a feeling its my X5ii thats on its way to you! Enjoy it I did, the X5ii is a great DAP. Looking forward to your comparisons.

Jan 13, 2017 at 10:05 AM Post #220 of 677

COLLECT THEM ALL!!!

Jan 15, 2017 at 3:22 AM Post #222 of 677
Gert lush, innum.

Jan 15, 2017 at 11:24 AM Post #223 of 677
-Headphone(s) / earphone(s) you possess:
FutureSonics MG6pro
Campfire Audio Andromeda

-Any DAP(s) / DAC(s) / amp(s) you may possess
Sansa Clip Zip
LHLabs Geek Pulse Fi

-Descriptions and links to review(s) you may have posted:
Review of customs:
http://forums.vr-zone.com/audiophiles-htpc-corner/2402854-future-sonics-ear-monitors-mg6pro-review.html

-Your geographical region (e.g. the city and country you live in):
Singapore

-Your native language (and any other languages you may be able to write in)
English, Mandarin Chinese

Jan 15, 2017 at 11:41 AM Post #224 of 677
What's going on Fiio? We now have 15 pages of people who wish to participate in the review tour, yet no reviewer list or even tour date was published. Unless the first post was not updated to reflect that.

Jan 15, 2017 at 12:28 PM Post #225 of 677
The tour probably hasn't started yet.

My guess is that there still are some bits of firmware to iron out and fiio are waiting until it's fully ready before releasing it to the public

I really wish for fiio to do a little Romanian tour as there are a few of us fellow Romanian audiophiles who would love to and probably to buy an x5-3.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back