Fiio X5 3rd gen || 2x AKM 4490 || Balanced Out || DSD || DXD | DTS | Android || Dual Card Slot
Jun 1, 2019 at 5:23 PM Post #15,061 of 15,897
So far I have been using it. I don't know what's wrong with you.

And this is how the combo goes on the road. Gonemad puts it on his head and goes ...

You misunderstand. You’re showing me how YOU use the stacking kit, with inverted screen, and a different amp. That’s fine. I’m talking about how is the TuffLuv case used with E12... Do they Velcro together? Why is it advertised in two different locations? You can’t say “I’ve been using it” when no.. you’re not.

Last edited:
Jun 1, 2019 at 7:56 PM Post #15,062 of 15,897
You misunderstand. You’re showing me how YOU use the stacking kit, with inverted screen, and a different amp. That’s fine. I’m talking about how is the TuffLuv case used with E12... Do they Velcro together? Why is it advertised in two different locations? You can’t say “I’ve been using it” when no.. you’re not.

That's just a translator error. The important thing is that the audio outputs are properly oriented and the display is protected by a cover. I don't mind being two separate cases. I have no idea how they are connected. I hope the magnets in the cases and not some stupid rubber. I'll let you know when they come

Jun 5, 2019 at 12:01 PM Post #15,063 of 15,897
Recent music player frustration. Can't seem to find one player that does it all (most of it at least). Foobar was good, but sometimes it messes up the album art and doesn't show it. I'm trying to wean away from Mediamonkey and use MusicBee to transfer my music. Foobar doesn't like this. Ugh.

Fiio app just refuses to order the songs correctly so I can't stand using it.

HiBy works ok, then if I reconnect to Bluetooth in my car, 9 times out of 10 HiBy won't play without a reboot. However I can switch to Fiio app and it will play.

I've tried others but for various reasons I've not stuck with them. Usually too clunky.

What are your foolproof apps at this point?

Jun 5, 2019 at 12:36 PM Post #15,064 of 15,897
USB Audio Player Pro just make sense when it's giving you the same fidelity the native app would give you.
One thing bugging me about it is that I cannot for the life of me get it to remember the song I left off with much less where in the track it was.
I guess I'm doing something wrong?

Other than that I'm liking it well enough. Sounds really great, though I need to take the bass down a bit from the line out. Not sure whether I should adjust the EQ or perhaps the crossover/roll off settings?

Jun 5, 2019 at 4:55 PM Post #15,065 of 15,897
USB Audio Player Pro just make sense when it's giving you the same fidelity the native app would give you.
One thing bugging me about it is that I cannot for the life of me get it to remember the song I left off with much less where in the track it was.
I guess I'm doing something wrong?

Other than that I'm liking it well enough. Sounds really great, though I need to take the bass down a bit from the line out. Not sure whether I should adjust the EQ or perhaps the crossover/roll off settings?
I wanted to like USBAPP and tried it once before. Just tried again today with my phone first. It played fine until I connected via Bluetooth to my car. It is the only app I've tried that just wouldn't play that way. I don't really want to start off with an app and have to troubleshoot it. I just want to play music in the car without all the hassles. Installed Neutron for another test and was amazed at how long it took to scan my media, really slow which isn't a good sign.

Jun 5, 2019 at 5:08 PM Post #15,067 of 15,897
do you not have a line in option in your car?
better sound from that than the bluetooth anyway
actually Bluetooth blows the internal DAC away in my car. it is bit perfect from the FIIO with atpx. with a MINI Cooper the internal DAC does all sorts of weird processing, sounds awful. I have all my music on a USB stick and have never been happy with it. the line in is equal to the USB. Ugly.

Jun 6, 2019 at 1:36 AM Post #15,069 of 15,897
Line in to my car uses the cars DAC, even though it is processed already by the FIIO. Bluetooth in my set up avoids the car DAC entirely. I have an after market amp & digital processor that handle that chore. I could wire the FIIO to go into that device, which I may eventually do.

Last edited:
Jun 6, 2019 at 8:12 AM Post #15,070 of 15,897
I wanted to like USBAPP and tried it once before. Just tried again today with my phone first. It played fine until I connected via Bluetooth to my car. It is the only app I've tried that just wouldn't play that way. I don't really want to start off with an app and have to troubleshoot it. I just want to play music in the car without all the hassles. Installed Neutron for another test and was amazed at how long it took to scan my media, really slow which isn't a good sign.

Hilarious....(not laughing at you). For me, Neutron is much better at scanning than UAPP. The latter takes forever(for me) and often doesn't pick up all files. I'm often forced to do a manual scan. After flirting with a handful of apps, I currently have Hiby Pro, UAPP and Neutron installed. 95% of the time, I'm using UAPP. I don't care much for Neutron's GUI, it's really technical and it has had a habit of shutting down on me mid-song. Hiby is pretty good the GUI is better than Neutron.

Powderphinger

Last edited:
Jun 6, 2019 at 10:09 AM Post #15,071 of 15,897
OK and since UAPP is being talked about atm.....
please help folks - Are you able to stop a track, turn your Fiio off, and then come back to that song later when you start it back up?? like playback resume???
pretty sure you cannot get back to the point of where you left off in a track but i'll live.

thing is SOMEtimes i get it to pull up a track once i reboot but it's like the same track that was earlier in my playlist - i can be 20 songs away and 4 power off/ons and every time i power up it still goes to that song in the playlist.

and the kicker to all of this is that i don't know the reason it's behaving this way or that. many times i power it on and it just goes to my library. the playlist i was listening to is still hanging out there but it's not taking me to any of those songs upon startup

Jun 6, 2019 at 7:08 PM Post #15,072 of 15,897
OK and since UAPP is being talked about atm.....
please help folks - Are you able to stop a track, turn your Fiio off, and then come back to that song later when you start it back up?? like playback resume???
pretty sure you cannot get back to the point of where you left off in a track but i'll live.

thing is SOMEtimes i get it to pull up a track once i reboot but it's like the same track that was earlier in my playlist - i can be 20 songs away and 4 power off/ons and every time i power up it still goes to that song in the playlist.

and the kicker to all of this is that i don't know the reason it's behaving this way or that. many times i power it on and it just goes to my library. the playlist i was listening to is still hanging out there but it's not taking me to any of those songs upon startup

This doesn't work ??? It will set me the last played, even though I don't want to.

FiiO resume.jpg

Jun 7, 2019 at 9:01 PM Post #15,073 of 15,897
My X5iii in pure music mode via (line out+external amp) pauses every time in every song whenever I press the lock button to lock the screen. Pressing lock button in (pure music+line out) always pauses the song. It doesn't happen in 3.5. It happens only in line out. I have tried to contact Fiio regarding this but they could not offer me a solution. So I am posting this here so that if anyone has any insight to offer and maybe Fiio's official can look into this post and attend to this problem.

Jun 8, 2019 at 12:58 AM Post #15,074 of 15,897
My X5iii in pure music mode via (line out+external amp) pauses every time in every song whenever I press the lock button to lock the screen. Pressing lock button in (pure music+line out) always pauses the song. It doesn't happen in 3.5. It happens only in line out. I have tried to contact Fiio regarding this but they could not offer me a solution. So I am posting this here so that if anyone has any insight to offer and maybe Fiio's official can look into this post and attend to this problem.
Firmware Version?
FiiO Music software Version?
What are your key-lock settings?
Are you using a case with your device? Sometimes using clear silicone case I would have pressed lock screen button and slight pressure on opposite end of case would press pause button.

I'm using Firmware 1.2.4 Fidelizer w/ kernel stuffs, FiiO Music 1.1.2 (updated from google play store, although this breaks Pure Music Mode F.Y.I.)
Using Line Out connection I can lock and unlock screen w/o sound interruptions.

Jun 8, 2019 at 1:04 AM Post #15,075 of 15,897
Firmware Version?
FiiO Music software Version?
What are your key-lock settings?
Are you using a case with your device? Sometimes using clear silicone case I would have pressed lock screen button and slight pressure on opposite end of case would press pause button.

I'm using Firmware 1.2.4 Fidelizer w/ kernel stuffs, FiiO Music 1.1.2 (updated from google play store, although this breaks Pure Music Mode F.Y.I.)
Using Line Out connection I can lock and unlock screen w/o sound interruptions.

Firmware and Fiio music are in their latest versions on X5iii. No, I have not been accidently pressing pause or any other buttons. It's a genuine problem and I have studiously only pressed the power button multiple times just to see if the problem could go away. Even after having done factory resets the problem stays. I hope Fiio attends these posts

Users who are viewing this thread

Back