Fiio X5 3rd gen || 2x AKM 4490 || Balanced Out || DSD || DXD | DTS | Android || Dual Card Slot
Jun 8, 2019 at 1:16 AM Post #15,076 of 15,897
Understood, I'll wait to hear from anyone else in a stock environment to chime in on this occurrence, as I'm not able to repeat this issue.
That it only occurs in line out certainly has me scratching my head.
I can think of a long list of things I'd want done if FiiO attended to every one of our posts :deadhorse:

Are you saying this only happens in Pure Music Mode with FiiO Music ?
And not in Android Mode with FiiO Music?
What happens with any 3rd party applications (i.e. foobar, being a free example, or UAPP or Neutron as paid examples) ?

Last edited:
Jun 8, 2019 at 1:30 AM Post #15,077 of 15,897
Understood, I'll wait to hear from anyone else in a stock environment to chime in on this occurrence, as I'm not able to repeat this issue.
That it only occurs in line out certainly has me scratching my head.
I can think of a long list of things I'd want done if FiiO attended to every one of our posts :deadhorse:

Are you saying this only happens in Pure Music Mode with FiiO Music ?
And not in Android Mode with FiiO Music?
What happens with any 3rd party applications (i.e. foobar, being a free example, or UAPP or Neutron as paid examples) ?
I'm on the latest JKBuha kernel with latest FIIO Music app and firmware. It happens to me as tested just now. Never noticed it before as I probably never attempted to go to lock screen in Pure Music mode. I never use PMM since the failure to properly sort my music in correct order.

I don't think I care much anymore about FIIO, it is what it is and I won't be purchasing from them anymore. If it wasn't for the JKB Kernel I would have already given the heave-ho.

Jun 8, 2019 at 1:38 AM Post #15,078 of 15,897
Curiosity as always gets the better of me, hence I installed 1.1.2 from GP Market. As I said this breaks Pure Music Mode (Not really a concern as Greenify+Root or Titanium Backup can just hibernate and freeze anything I don't want taking up cycles or battery). Entering Pure Music Mode from the drop down menu doesn't close Launcher3 and launch FiiO Music anymore. So I must just have lucked out of having this issue *shrug*

When I was setting up my 2nd X5iii I essentially duplicated every single thing about my device, firmware, kernel, player software. And my dad hasn't reported any critical issues like these back to me. These were two different NB#s, mine R132a and his L211a.

Last edited:
Jun 8, 2019 at 2:22 AM Post #15,079 of 15,897
My X5iii in pure music mode via (line out+external amp) pauses every time in every song whenever I press the lock button to lock the screen. Pressing lock button in (pure music+line out) always pauses the song. It doesn't happen in 3.5. It happens only in line out. I have tried to contact Fiio regarding this but they could not offer me a solution. So I am posting this here so that if anyone has any insight to offer and maybe Fiio's official can look into this post and attend to this problem.

This has been happening on mine since the last firmware update, happens when I wake up the screen on line out and I think on 2.5 as well, not tried on 3.5.
I'm certain it's not from pressing pause button at same time.
I only ever use pure music mode so not sure if it happens with other apps.

Jun 8, 2019 at 3:29 AM Post #15,080 of 15,897
This (and the infamous play/pause on screen off issue) is actually a bug inside the original kernel. The GPIO settings are wrongly configured for the balanced output and when power is pressed deep sleep is momentarily triggered. Which of course it shouldn't.

I'd like to spend some time to find out how to fix issues like these but there's little documentation on how the AK4490 is interfaced to the FiiO mainboard, so will mostly be trial and error.

Jun 8, 2019 at 3:38 AM Post #15,081 of 15,897
Any explanation as to why I’m able to mash the power/lock button and not encounter pauses, just by virtue of being in android mode?
Switched between LO & balanced, still nothing.
UAPP/Neutron/FiiO-Music none do as others (even with custom kernel) report.

Last edited:
Jun 8, 2019 at 4:04 AM Post #15,082 of 15,897
The way the pure mode launcher works is slightly different to the classic launchers in that some processes get shut down.

If someone can list the exact steps to replicate this issue I'll try and find some free time next week to hook up the debugger and have a deeper look.

Jun 8, 2019 at 5:11 AM Post #15,083 of 15,897
OK. Some time back I had uninstalled the stock music player and had simply installed the Fiio music app from g.play. The problem never occurred there but then it wasn't stock and it wasn't pure music mode. So after having reverted back to the stock brought the bug back. Again, Pure music mode is interacting with 2.5 or line out in some weird way that pauses the song each time a power button is pressed. Doesn't happen with other apps.

Well if it is shared trouble between devices then at least Fiio can refer to these posts and offer a solution in the next firmware update.

Last edited:
Jun 8, 2019 at 10:57 AM Post #15,084 of 15,897
I also installed FiiO Music 1.1.2 from curiosity. He also eliminated my Pure Music mode. It reminds me of the success of Microsoft with Windows 10. 2 bug fixes, 5 new ones. And I only use FiiO Music exclusively in Vehicle mode (I like the 100% battery charge on the bar). I'll put a portable powerbank on the rubber instead of an amplifier. Maybe the battery will survive me like that.

Jun 9, 2019 at 9:15 AM Post #15,085 of 15,897
I also installed FiiO Music 1.1.2 from curiosity. He also eliminated my Pure Music mode. It reminds me of the success of Microsoft with Windows 10. 2 bug fixes, 5 new ones. And I only use FiiO Music exclusively in Vehicle mode (I like the 100% battery charge on the bar). I'll put a portable powerbank on the rubber instead of an amplifier. Maybe the battery will survive me like that.
I wish you luck... all this time later and I've STILL yet to receive a replacement battery...!!!

Jun 9, 2019 at 8:04 PM Post #15,086 of 15,897
I wish you luck... all this time later and I've STILL yet to receive a replacement battery...!!!

When you connect a 5V powerbank to a USB port X5-3, without a Vehicle mode, the player does not start and does not respond to the power ON button? I will start in Vehicle mode automatically without pressing the power button - just plug in the power cable. I hope it will be able to, even if the battery dies. If we could replace FiiO Music in these modes, I would probably be in a state of constant happiness

Jun 10, 2019 at 12:35 AM Post #15,087 of 15,897
Miter case for FiiO X5iii, sold by moon audio in U.S. were on sale for $29.99 and shipping of orders over $49.99 was free so I bought two. If it’s not to your liking, ah well. It’s got a great feel to it and more secure than silicone or fake leather case the device came with. Has a very smartly designed magnetic prop for the device (useful in landscape with Neutron mostly).]

> fake leather case the device came with.

Yeah but you gotta love a case that tells the world you're "BORN FOR MUSIC & HAPPY". (If you turn it around and squint real hard.)

Jun 10, 2019 at 2:46 AM Post #15,088 of 15,897
OK. Some time back I had uninstalled the stock music player and had simply installed the Fiio music app from g.play. The problem never occurred there but then it wasn't stock and it wasn't pure music mode. So after having reverted back to the stock brought the bug back. Again, Pure music mode is interacting with 2.5 or line out in some weird way that pauses the song each time a power button is pressed. Doesn't happen with other apps.

Well if it is shared trouble between devices then at least Fiio can refer to these posts and offer a solution in the next firmware update.

If there is any Fiio official out here then please refer to this post and look into this issue. It's almost impossible to listen to music in pure music mode when pushing screen lock button pauses the song.

Jun 10, 2019 at 4:39 AM Post #15,089 of 15,897
My X5iii in pure music mode via (line out+external amp) pauses every time in every song whenever I press the lock button to lock the screen. Pressing lock button in (pure music+line out) always pauses the song. It doesn't happen in 3.5. It happens only in line out. I have tried to contact Fiio regarding this but they could not offer me a solution. So I am posting this here so that if anyone has any insight to offer and maybe Fiio's official can look into this post and attend to this problem.
Dear friend,

I failed to receive the PM you sent. Please try to update the FiiO Music APP to this version to see if it helps: http://fiio-file.fiio.net/FiiOMusicX0508.apk
Sorry for bringing inconvenience to you.

Best regards

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Jun 10, 2019 at 4:56 AM Post #15,090 of 15,897
Dear friend,

I failed to receive the PM you sent. Please try to update the FiiO Music APP to this version to see if it helps: http://fiio-file.fiio.net/FiiOMusicX0508.apk
Sorry for bringing inconvenience to you.

Best regards

Is this version of the music app stable? If it's stable I will install this and let you know. So is it stable?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back