Fiio X5 3rd gen || 2x AKM 4490 || Balanced Out || DSD || DXD | DTS | Android || Dual Card Slot
Apr 4, 2019 at 5:52 AM Post #14,791 of 15,899

Thank you for the info, it is time to back up. TWRP even allows you to select both SD cards as a repository and writes correctly.

It's nice that FiiO makes it easier for us to uninstall FiiO Music:
How to uninstall the present version: Go to "Settings -> About device-> Kernel version", and continually tap "Kernel version" until there is the prompt to uninstall FiiO Music app. Then please reboot the device to complete the uninstallation of this app.

Last edited:
Apr 4, 2019 at 11:39 AM Post #14,796 of 15,899
Update has not passed me through TWRP. So again, firmware 1.2.1 and then update 1.2.4. Then TWRP, SU and kernel again. Only I have a problem too ??

Apr 4, 2019 at 2:47 PM Post #14,798 of 15,899
Gapless works fine here; tested with DSOTM and a few Dead concerts. :)

Apr 4, 2019 at 5:40 PM Post #14,799 of 15,899
Apr 5, 2019 at 8:08 AM Post #14,800 of 15,899
Just another Fiio Friday, living the dream.

20190405_080419.jpg

Apr 5, 2019 at 9:00 AM Post #14,801 of 15,899
Question: Just recently purchased a set up wireless ear buds. I've been using them the past few days while outside working, keeping the X5 in my jeans pocket. While doing so, I've experienced occasional, intermittant drops in signal.

From your experience, how solid is the X5 with its bluetooth connectivity? I'm trying to figure out if the buds or the player is the issue. The buds I bought are Anker's Soundcore Liberty Neo's.

McHoop

Apr 5, 2019 at 11:47 AM Post #14,805 of 15,899
Question: Just recently purchased a set up wireless ear buds. I've been using them the past few days while outside working, keeping the X5 in my jeans pocket. While doing so, I've experienced occasional, intermittant drops in signal.

From your experience, how solid is the X5 with its bluetooth connectivity? I'm trying to figure out if the buds or the player is the issue. The buds I bought are Anker's Soundcore Liberty Neo's.

McHoop

I rarely use Bluetooth headphones but do have some cheap TWS IEMs (Enacfire E19), I have no issue when using them with my phone, tablet or laptop but I also suffer frequent dropouts with the X5iii; I've seen similar comments from others on Reddit so I suspect that this is a connection issue with the radios in the X5iii rather than the headphones. I had similar dropouts with some Philips Bluetooth headphones when used with the X5iii where I had no issues with other source devices. The WiFi connection is also poor when compared to other devices on the same network.

As I rarely use Bluetooth and in particular with the X5iii I don't think I'd be getting the best from it with Bluetooth it doesn't bother me too much but if you are set on using Bluetooth it could be a problem. In the end I bought a Bluetooth transmitter, hooked it up to the line out and used that, no issues with dropouts at all with the same headphones/IEMs. The Bluetooth IEMs are used when I'm on holiday so that I can keep my device safely tucked away in a bag.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back