Fiio X5 3rd gen || 2x AKM 4490 || Balanced Out || DSD || DXD | DTS | Android || Dual Card Slot
Feb 27, 2018 at 8:58 AM Post #12,857 of 15,897
What does the enhanced version and advanced version offer?

50 and 100 bucks seems a tad steep for a 400 buck player tho
  • rom_enhanced.png

Only US $49.95

Enhanced ROM is affordable services with additional enhancements.

You’ll receive the following improvements:

1. All features from Purist ROM included
    2. Kernel optimizations for audio I/O and remove non-audio services
    3. ฺFull Build configuration optimized for better sound quality
    4. Non-audio components de-bloated for dedicated audio platform
    5. ROM cooking support for troubleshooting services

• rom_advanced.png

Only US $99.95

Advanced ROM is uncompromised services with finest enhancements.

You’ll receive the following improvements:

1. All features from Enhanced ROM included
    2. Applied low-level system/kernel optimizations for best sound quality
    3. Audio driver configuration optimized for neutral sound reproduction
    4. Optimized system libraries improving system performance
    5. ROM’s priority between Purist / Compatibility / Battery Saving

....yes 100 dollars////

Feb 27, 2018 at 9:03 AM Post #12,858 of 15,897
Last edited:
Feb 27, 2018 at 10:50 AM Post #12,859 of 15,897
..yes i have the paid Rom - see please few comments above...these are only my opinions, maybe someone has a positive experience.... for me the positives are a bit smoother, faster Ui, perfomance.... but can be done also with root...
What about sound quality, did you notice any improvements? Thanks!

Feb 27, 2018 at 1:19 PM Post #12,860 of 15,897
Playlist help?

I created a playlist in Mediamonkey for each SD card and that worked well for many months until I somehow corrupted it. I can't figure out how to simply recreate that by pulling the info off the SD cards and making a new clean playlist. Any ideas?

Feb 27, 2018 at 1:51 PM Post #12,861 of 15,897
Playlist help?

I created a playlist in Mediamonkey for each SD card and that worked well for many months until I somehow corrupted it. I can't figure out how to simply recreate that by pulling the info off the SD cards and making a new clean playlist. Any ideas?
If that happened to me, I'd probably just go the easy (but not short) route and reformat my SD Cards & reload them from MM or can you get MM to sync with your X5 & let it do the fix automatically?

Feb 27, 2018 at 2:17 PM Post #12,862 of 15,897
If that happened to me, I'd probably just go the easy (but not short) route and reformat my SD Cards & reload them from MM or can you get MM to sync with your X5 & let it do the fix automatically?
It's a lot of work doing that, I would just wait until something fails and I have to redo it. Not sure how to get MM to sync off the Fiio, only know how to add files from MM to sync list. Last time I tried it didn't work.

Feb 27, 2018 at 4:41 PM Post #12,863 of 15,897
It's a lot of work doing that, I would just wait until something fails and I have to redo it. Not sure how to get MM to sync off the Fiio, only know how to add files from MM to sync list. Last time I tried it didn't work.

I am a novice user of MM, so not sure if this helps you & I used MM Gold with my x7ii as x5iii not at hand:
Created 1Test playlist in MM (10 songs). Right clicked PL & selected send to (sync) x7 internal memory. MM created a playlist folder on internal memory. Scanned x7 database & added 10 songs. Went to new folder slide right & hit new PL icon - success. Opened new PL & deleted 1 song. Reattached x7 to laptop. Opened MM. Repeated above send to (sync). Looked like MM was copying 10 songs again. But, when rescanned X7 no new songs were added. So, went to PL folder & saw 10 songs, So, deleted the modified PL from x7 & went back to folder & recreated new 1Test PL with 10 songs again. Any help? If not, then at least I learned something & time not wasted. Good luck.
[Note: I saw my MM Gold was scanning my X7 but no idea what effect if any this had on above]
[Note: not 100% certain if the PL folder created by MM was reduced to 9 songs when I deleted 1 song from the PL]
[Note: MM only on my x5 & not installed on my X7 & I was in Fiio Pure Music not Android]

Last edited:
Feb 28, 2018 at 4:31 AM Post #12,864 of 15,897
Hi all,
Is there a way to hide the header/information bar/banner on the x5iii?
Dear friend,

Generally, no. But some of the 3rd APP may support this feature.

Best regards

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Feb 28, 2018 at 12:37 PM Post #12,865 of 15,897
Another Micro SD card bites the dust. I've now lost two SD cards in this player. Well, not lost, just not writable or format-able. Not sure if it's just a coincidental ending of the life cycle of the card or if heat or something else in the X5III is causing failure.

It happens the same way--an otherwise working micro SD card is written to with a new file via USB connection--in this case a FLAC album was written to my, oh, 3 or 4-year old 64GB Sandisk card (24.3gb still free in a 64gb card) that's been in slot 1 in the player for months and even had some Tidal offline files on it.

File transfer goes OK. Go to play the album in the X5 and it's nowhere to be found. Take out the card, connect directly to computer and it's not there too. Copy the file again in the PC, it shows/plays in real time in the PC but take it out and reinsert it in PC and it's gone. Gone in the X5 too. Try to format the card and it says can't format. Meanwhile, the files that are on the card remain untouched and playable through everything, X5, computer, etc, but no further writing or formatting is possible.

Like I said, this is the second time this has happened after being inside this machine. Anyone else with this experience? Maybe just coincidental but I don't get a warm fuzzy towards buying perhaps a larger more expensive (200gb+) card for this thing in the future. I've got another younger Lexar 128GB in slot 2 that hasn't been a problem, yet anyway, but it's full. Any thoughts appreciated.

Feb 28, 2018 at 12:41 PM Post #12,866 of 15,897
Another Micro SD card bites the dust. I've now lost two SD cards in this player. Well, not lost, just not writable or format-able. Not sure if it's just a coincidental ending of the life cycle of the card or if heat or something else in the X5III is causing failure.

It happens the same way--an otherwise working micro SD card is written to with a new file via USB connection--in this case a FLAC album was written to my, oh, 3 or 4-year old 64GB Sandisk card (24.3gb still free in a 64gb card) that's been in slot 1 in the player for months and even had some Tidal offline files on it.

File transfer goes OK. Go to play the album in the X5 and it's nowhere to be found. Take out the card, connect directly to computer and it's not there too. Copy the file again in the PC, it shows/plays in real time in the PC but take it out and reinsert it in PC and it's gone. Gone in the X5 too. Try to format the card and it says can't format. Meanwhile, the files that are on the card remain untouched and playable through everything, X5, computer, etc, but no further writing or formatting is possible.

Like I said, this is the second time this has happened after being inside this machine. Anyone else with this experience? Maybe just coincidental but I don't get a warm fuzzy towards buying perhaps a larger more expensive (200gb+) card for this thing in the future. I've got another younger Lexar 128GB in slot 2 that hasn't been a problem, yet anyway, but it's full. Any thoughts appreciated.

Can you try formatting them with the free tool SD-formatter provided by SD Association?
https://www.sdcard.org/downloads/formatter_4/

They are most probably corrupted and not damaged.

Feb 28, 2018 at 12:48 PM Post #12,869 of 15,897
Yup, it sounds like the master file table is corrupted. A quick format should do the trick.

Quite a few of my hard disks and SD cards get this problem due to me not ejecting them prior to removal

Feb 28, 2018 at 1:15 PM Post #12,870 of 15,897
Yup, it sounds like the master file table is corrupted. A quick format should do the trick.

Quite a few of my hard disks and SD cards get this problem due to me not ejecting them prior to removal

Well, I tried both options of that tool and it says format failed. I realized that I had been down this road before with that program and it didn't work with my other SD card. I'm doing a CC cleaner full SD card wipe and we'll see. My feeling is that the card has become unwritable for some reason. Hope it isn't the FiiO causing this. My gut feeling says heat damage as this thing will get REALLY warm but I could be way wrong.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back