Fiio X5 3rd gen || 2x AKM 4490 || Balanced Out || DSD || DXD | DTS | Android || Dual Card Slot
Oct 10, 2017 at 3:54 PM Post #11,866 of 15,899
@FiiO
Thanks for the last 1.1.8 update.

It fixes the gapless problem for me and does not introduce more stuttering than already known for 1x every 5-10 tracks while streaming.

While this is bearable I am still and urgently waiting for a fix of Google play music download to external storage!
Many have asked, here and in your support forum.
Please let us know when and if at all we might see a fix!
This isn't just a flaw but a major disappointment - esp compared to the efforts and (occasional) good news compared to spotify

Please at least post why there is a problem comparing Google music to spotify..?

Many thanks for your kind feedback

Oct 10, 2017 at 4:50 PM Post #11,868 of 15,899
@FiiO
Thanks for the last 1.1.8 update.

It fixes the gapless problem for me and does not introduce more stuttering than already known for 1x every 5-10 tracks while streaming.

While this is bearable I am still and urgently waiting for a fix of Google play music download to external storage!
Many have asked, here and in your support forum.
Please let us know when and if at all we might see a fix!
This isn't just a flaw but a major disappointment - esp compared to the efforts and (occasional) good news compared to spotify

Please at least post why there is a problem comparing Google music to spotify..?

Many thanks for your kind feedback

Are you sure that this is something that Fiio can fix. I think this has been discussed before. If an application cannot see storage that is available from the OS and from the Fiio app, why is the problem assigned to Fiio? Again, my thought would be to start with the Google Play developers. Fiio has no ability to redesign their software. Of course, Google may tell you that it is not a large enough population of Users of the X5III to make it worth their while. Fiio might also tell you that it is not worth the time of their engineers to fix a problem that is only so important to a few of their users. Being as kind as they are, I doubt they would ever directly say that, but the result would be the same. No fix.

Then what? If it is truly urgent ( I only think of food, water, shelter and taking care of my family as urgent), but if it is, possibly the option of finding a device that does what you want is the best option you have. Just being logical here. Not trying to offend at all.

Oct 10, 2017 at 7:15 PM Post #11,870 of 15,899
*Sigh* I found a Black dead pixel on the New Fiio X5
For the Second time, i returned it one time to shop with dead pixel
I didnt see it until now because i used Settings white background to check out pixels
Settings has a black frame on top since the pixel is black and is near the top i didnt see it
until i open Web browser

It is however smaler than the Dead pixel in the first X5 III i returned
seen best on yellow background

Now i must consider if to return it again
this is the FIRST time this happen to me with a mp3 player
and Fiio is defently going to get contacted

im sorry the picture is not better is a smale dead pixel not easy to catch
on camera

7QRIzdn.jpg

JsaIihj.jpg

ykYSXcW.jpg

Last edited:
Oct 10, 2017 at 7:33 PM Post #11,871 of 15,899
That looks pretty minor in the picture. I know... it should not be there. No argument on that. With my aversion to hassles... packing it up, returning it, perhaps waiting for a replacement. I would be tempted to let it go. It doesn't look like it will interfere with using the device.

It is too bad that you got two with similar problems. I can't recall anyone else reporting this issue so far. I guess that this might means it is rare. I would be asking myself...why me???

Oct 10, 2017 at 7:45 PM Post #11,872 of 15,899
There is no screen protecter applied on the front screen of X5III i was told
there is one but there is none atleast none i can take off to see if the pixel is under nearth
The dead pixel seem to be deep in within the top screen it look smaler on camera.

I though it was going be better than the previous X5 because is smaler
but unfortunaly with Album art on music player it show all the time and that is worst than the first
the other was on bottom so it was hidden by the buttons on dark background music player
but since this is on top its displayed in the middle of the album art and thats bad.

I talk to the store and see what they say.

Last edited:
Oct 10, 2017 at 8:21 PM Post #11,874 of 15,899
There is no screen protecter applied on the front screen of X5III i was told
there is one but there is none atleast none i can take off to see if the pixel is under nearth
The dead pixel seem to be deep in within the top screen it look smaler on camera.

I though it was going be better than the previous X5 because is smaler
but unfortunaly with Album art on music player it show all the time and that is worst than the first
the other was on bottom so it was hidden by the buttons on dark background music player
but since this is on top its displayed in the middle of the album art and thats bad.

I talk to the store and see what they say.

Best approach is to ask the store. Its not a dead pixel though. They are Black, or when stuck they are Red, Green or Blue.

What you have is similar to dust under your screen protector. (the factory applies the scratch resistant protector to the front, and I wouldn't mess with it).

Oct 11, 2017 at 9:10 AM Post #11,876 of 15,899
Oct 11, 2017 at 9:12 AM Post #11,877 of 15,899
Well, for comparison purposes, I just bought a used iBasso DX80. got what I think is a very good price ($150). So let's see how it stacks up next to the X5 iii.

Oct 11, 2017 at 10:10 AM Post #11,878 of 15,899
Regarding Folder Play (thanks again, Minnie!), so far, I like the user experience, but a few bugs:

1) won't read my second Micro SD card
2) hardware "pause" button does not function as designed. It pauses the song for a second or so, then it continues to play.

I'll keep working with it to see if these are temporary bugs.

Oct 11, 2017 at 10:29 AM Post #11,879 of 15,899
System related question: I've seen various comments stating the the device should be reset to factory settings after installing each new FW update. I've not done this, but if I do, will I then have to re-download all the apps I've purchased? Not a big deal if that's the case, but I'd like to know before I make any changes.

Not worried about offline content or playlists, as I keep none of either.

Oct 11, 2017 at 10:37 AM Post #11,880 of 15,899
System related question: I've seen various comments stating the the device should be reset to factory settings after installing each new FW update. I've not done this, but if I do, will I then have to re-download all the apps I've purchased? Not a big deal if that's the case, but I'd like to know before I make any changes.

Not worried about offline content or playlists, as I keep none of either.

Unless i’m doing it wrong

I’ve always had to redownload apps and rescan my media files on the sd card

Users who are viewing this thread

Back