Fiio X5 3rd gen || 2x AKM 4490 || Balanced Out || DSD || DXD | DTS | Android || Dual Card Slot
Oct 11, 2017 at 10:39 AM Post #11,881 of 15,897
Oct 11, 2017 at 12:09 PM Post #11,882 of 15,897
Biggest PIA for me is re-entering the 32 character WiFi passphrases for the 4 different networks that I connect to.

Oct 11, 2017 at 1:10 PM Post #11,884 of 15,897
And I change them about once per month... Part of my job is data security. What is excessive to some, is simply required by others. Maybe part of an OCD personality, but this is also what drives this audio fanaticism.

Last edited:
Oct 11, 2017 at 1:23 PM Post #11,885 of 15,897
did a full factory restore and downloaded my purchased apps. Onkyo no longer shows my song list at all, and Folder Play still only shows my 1st Micro SD card. Also noticed that battery meter at the top only now shows the % if you do a menu pull-down.

Other than that, life is good!!!! :)

Oct 11, 2017 at 1:55 PM Post #11,886 of 15,897
I figured out how to update the song list in the Onkyo app. One issue off scratched off!!!!

Oct 11, 2017 at 5:13 PM Post #11,887 of 15,897
is usb audio player still not working on fiio x5iii, i wonder why this is not being addressed properly as its a great player

also somehow after installing the latest updates offered i feel my device is acting up and is slow in response

Last edited:
Oct 11, 2017 at 10:26 PM Post #11,888 of 15,897
Quite a different impression of the latest firmware from most that have reported, including my own experience. Gapless seems to be working and I have not had a crash since I installed it. Responsiveness s
"seems" the same, but without having anything to measure it by. I would not make a definitive statement there. I would say that it "feels" the same to me. Did you do any measurements?

Yeah, the USB full functionality is a shame. They have said repeatedly that they are working on it. If it is a firmware issue, hopefully we will see a fix one day.

Last edited:
Oct 12, 2017 at 12:18 PM Post #11,889 of 15,897
I have problem using Physical buttons on X5 III on Poweramp
When click forward and backward it change to next song then fast forwarding to the end of the song (i dont want it to fast forward only change track) , so i can't use physical button on poweramp
Sometime it work if i press Pause either physical pause or on poweramp then press forward/backward physical button

In Fiio Music and in Neutron this not Happen
so is NOT a problem with physical buttons itself is rather Poweramp with X5 III
any solution for this
i want to be able to use physical buttons of X5 III with poweramp if is possible any fix?

Btw, I tested all Poweramp, Fiio music and Neutron
I have to say on X5 III for me Neutron sound best (Fiio Gain set to HQ slide down top menu on X5III, replain gain in neutron ON this lower distortion for me and Eq-preamp in Neutron on)
Neutron as for quality goes but as for loud music Fiio music is best, it seem Poweramp is not so loud on X5 III (but other players poweramp is best)

I tested using Vmoda M100 and Denon Ah-mm400 headphones

Last edited:
Oct 12, 2017 at 12:25 PM Post #11,890 of 15,897
I am facing a peculiar problem in my X5 iii,, when i press power button display is not off..also when it is off and i press power button it remains off...when i press power button for more than 2 seconds no dialogue for shut down is coming,,I have done factory reset ..also it has got no connection with recent update..the problem starts suddenly before that it was ok....anybody facing the same problem ?

Oct 12, 2017 at 6:20 PM Post #11,893 of 15,897
In charing mode i notice that when i press power button screen goes off but then comes sometimes on again
so screen stay on while charging taking longer to charge... not sure maybe is a firmeware bug

That behaviour, (while charging, the screen comes on sometimes) could also be due to the charge stopping and starting - so a slightly faulty cable or charger. Try charging with a different cable and see if it still happens.

Oct 12, 2017 at 8:01 PM Post #11,894 of 15,897
I tried two cables because i changed Fiio X5 for a new one before
and the first one also happened with, this second one also, this week i get a new one
and i will see if it happen with this one too.
not sure what causing it not that it bothers me,maybe software issue

what i like to find a solution for is the physical button that dont work
when using poweramp (work with neutron and fioo music app)
instead of just change track it change track and then fast rewind to end of the song
then it change to next song and fast rewing to the end of that song
until it comes to the last song in the album then it stop, Thats Crazy
which make the use of physical buttons on X5 III useless on Poweramp that is sad
since it not happen on Neutron and other music app is not a Physical button issue
is Firmware or software related, Poweramp is the paid version
I will try it out on the new X5 III i get to see if it happen on that one too

I tried Poweramp with Cayin i5 Physical button work fine, but not on Fiio X5 III

Sometimes Poweramp close while changing track
but it dont close and stop song, it just Hide so i get homescreen
and have to click poweramp again, maybe sensible screen

Update:
I have Reset X5 III to factory default erasing everything
then installing Poweramp only again.
Still the same problem of physical buttons so is not a Poweramp or 3rd apps issue
must be firmware then.

Last edited:
Oct 12, 2017 at 11:57 PM Post #11,895 of 15,897
For what it's worth when I installed v1.1.8 update I ran the update and started using the device right after it rebooted. I didn't reset or reload anything nor did I rescan anything.
I was on a long walk today and I was really loving how well my X5iii is working. It is really working well

Users who are viewing this thread

Back