Fiio X5 3rd gen || 2x AKM 4490 || Balanced Out || DSD || DXD | DTS | Android || Dual Card Slot
Aug 2, 2017 at 9:26 AM Post #10,606 of 15,897
Great news... I'll hold my breath and give it a try... Out of interest, why did you decide to root? I've regularly rooted phones for Xposed framework, greenify etc, but haven't yet felt the need for the x5
iam +- a month without deleting my offline files...was very unhappy with this...

for disabling,removing balast apps, for xposed, for experimenting - in all, the perfomance is better, battery ... trying old kernels, backuping it ..flashing new ones, some members saying the 1.09 kernel was the best sounding...didnt notice a difference i think, maybe the 1.1.4 was for me different sounding, i mean worst..?.?
yesterday i tried edit the
audio_policy.conf located at home/etc
where is 24 bit PCM missing and output at 48 kHz, i changed it, for try to 192000, with 24 bit -the volume slider was not working and didnt notice any change in 3rd apps... still for my a - ? Neutron shows me 48000 in output, i use fiio music app, but now, it is working only with the white theme for me...
hope that your spotify works...

for some who will try root... for me was working the supersume a - the second file...
tried also twrp, but it make no sense for me and the ota updates are not working wit this recovery...

http://fiio.me/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=41935

Last edited:
Aug 2, 2017 at 9:29 AM Post #10,607 of 15,897
iam +- a month without deleting my offline files...was very unhappy with this...
for disabling,removing balast apps, for xposed, for experimenting - in all, the perfomance is better, battery ... trying old kernels, backuping it ..flashing new ones, some members saying the 1.09 kernel was the best sounding...
where is 24 bit PCM missing and output at 48 kHz, i changed it, for try to 192000, with 24 bit -the volume slider was not working and didnt notice any change in 3rd apps... still for my a - ? Neutron shows me 48000 in output, i use fiio music app, but now, it is working only with the white theme for me...
Interesting! I might give it a go... is there an easy root tool available by any chance?

No luck on Spotify - shut it down while online and on repowering it started redownloading.... at least it had remembered which were set for offline, which is a slight improvement!

Aug 2, 2017 at 9:39 AM Post #10,608 of 15,897
Interesting! I might give it a go... is there an easy root tool available by any chance?

No luck on Spotify - shut it down while online and on repowering it started redownloading.... at least it had remembered which were set for offline, which is a slight improvement!
for some who will try root... for me was working the supersume a - the second file...
tried also twrp, but it make no sense for me and the ota updates are not working wit this recovery...

Aug 2, 2017 at 10:27 AM Post #10,611 of 15,897

for disabling,removing balast apps, for xposed, for experimenting - in all, the perfomance is better, battery ... trying old kernels, backuping it ..flashing new ones, some members saying the 1.09 kernel was the best sounding...didnt notice a difference i think, maybe the 1.1.4 was for me different sounding, i mean worst..?.?

I am glad you saw the missing 24 Bit PCM and output sample rate being fixed at 48 kHz. I wonder why the audio_policy wont work if you add the lines. Maybe it needs some modification to the HAL and AudioFlinger.

So the beta FW that restored gapless makes the FiiO Music app unusable? Or just not in Blue and Black theme?

Aug 2, 2017 at 11:53 AM Post #10,612 of 15,897
Same with me. It's crashing in android as well as pure music mode. @FiiO, please help.
I am glad you saw the missing 24 Bit PCM and output sample rate being fixed at 48 kHz. I wonder why the audio_policy wont work if you add the lines. Maybe it needs some modification to the HAL and AudioFlinger.

So the beta FW that restored gapless makes the FiiO Music app unusable? Or just not in Blue and Black theme?

The Beta software only works for FiiO Music app with the white theme. With blue or black it crashes.

Aug 2, 2017 at 12:00 PM Post #10,613 of 15,897
The Beta software only works for FiiO Music app with the white theme. With blue or black it crashes.

I'm sure that was probably stated somewhere... wish I paid more attention before going to a lower firmware. O'well, thanks for the heads up.

Aug 2, 2017 at 2:36 PM Post #10,614 of 15,897
Please Help.

I just attempted to delete a folder using the installed file programme, the screen went a streaky blue and then turned off.

Now I have the blue light on but I cannot turn on the Fiio or turn it off.

I have held down the power button for sometime but it will not respond.

EDIT:

I am beginning to think that these things are not fit for purpose, nothing but bugs and problems, I wish I had purchased the A&K now when I had the chance.

Anyway, the damn thing got so hot that I thought it was going to explode, I continued pressing the power button and thankfully it turned off. I just hope it functions properly.

Last edited:
Aug 2, 2017 at 3:09 PM Post #10,615 of 15,897
Please Help.

I just attempted to delete a folder using the installed file programme, the screen went a streaky blue and then turned off.

Now I have the blue light on but I cannot turn on the Fiio or turn it off.

I have held down the power button for sometime but it will not respond.

EDIT:

I am beginning to think that these things are not fit for purpose, nothing but bugs and problems, I wish I had purchased the A&K now when I had the chance.

Anyway, the damn thing got so hot that I thought it was going to explode, I continued pressing the power button and thankfully it turned off. I just hope it functions properly.

hold the power button and fast forward up for 30-40 secs. Use the vol to scrol to 'reboot system now' and the power button to set that going wait 30 sec and power back on. Make sure you have the most uptodate file manager installed form playstore.

Aug 2, 2017 at 3:27 PM Post #10,616 of 15,897
hold the power button and fast forward up for 30-40 secs. Use the vol to scrol to 'reboot system now' and the power button to set that going wait 30 sec and power back on. Make sure you have the most uptodate file manager installed form playstore.

Thanks,

I got it to turn off and turn back on but now it will not charge.

When I plug in a charger when it is turned off it powers up the Fiio instead of entering into the charging screen.

I have reset and rebooted several times now but it will not charge when either turned on or off, I am now watching my battery drain.

Aug 2, 2017 at 4:10 PM Post #10,618 of 15,897
Thanks,

I got it to turn off and turn back on but now it will not charge.

When I plug in a charger when it is turned off it powers up the Fiio instead of entering into the charging screen.

I have reset and rebooted several times now but it will not charge when either turned on or off, I am now watching my battery drain.

make sure you have car mode off in androd settings, use the original fiio charge cable, make sure what you have it plugged into has enouch oomph to charge some usb wall warts are too puny

Aug 2, 2017 at 4:47 PM Post #10,619 of 15,897
make sure you have car mode off in androd settings, use the original fiio charge cable, make sure what you have it plugged into has enouch oomph to charge some usb wall warts are too puny

Everything is exactly as it was before my Fiio crashed.

I am using the original cable with a quick charge 3.0 charger that is backwards compatible with quick charge 2.0. and the standard ports are 2.1A.

I have carried out a full factory reset from Android Settings in case it was a software glitch but it still does not charge, I believe it has blown the hardware.

Aug 2, 2017 at 5:05 PM Post #10,620 of 15,897
Everything is exactly as it was before my Fiio crashed.

I am using the original cable with a quick charge 3.0 charger that is backwards compatible with quick charge 2.0. and the standard ports are 2.1A.

I have carried out a full factory reset from Android Settings in case it was a software glitch but it still does not charge, I believe it has blown the hardware.

have a look at battery in android, what it showing?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back