Fiio X5 3rd gen || 2x AKM 4490 || Balanced Out || DSD || DXD | DTS | Android || Dual Card Slot
Aug 2, 2017 at 6:38 AM Post #10,592 of 15,899
Gapless is back but Fiio Music's instability too i'm afraid. It crashes often, doesn't resume properly, doesn't keep my play mode settings (i play in random mode but it keeps returning to repeat mode when i restart the app).
I'm glad Fiio shared with us the new theme that was developped for the X7 mk2, but i hope the future firmware development for the X7 mk2 will bring us some stability FINALLY ! ) :rage:

Dear friend,

For keeping the play modes, it is required to exit the FiiO Music normally before turn it on again in order to save the setting. Or you have exited normally but the issue remains same?

Best regards

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Aug 2, 2017 at 6:50 AM Post #10,594 of 15,899
i can confirm....
new firmw. 1.1.7 from 01.08.2017
FiiO Music in pure music mode when switching to player mode, if a blue or black theme is selected ,the app crashes everytime, only when white theme is selected the app works...

other problems, like spotify offline files, problems with sd card are gone... with root and all balast apps, files disabled, the ui perfomance isnt bad, but not perfect.. with 1.1.7 slightly better i think...

but i noticed 3 white bright dots /2mm/ when on white background on display, is my display defective?

Last edited:
Aug 2, 2017 at 6:53 AM Post #10,595 of 15,899
Dear Fiio, could you be more precise when you say "exit the FiiO Music normally".
I experimented a similar problem with the resume mode.If I play by folder, and then I do not listen leaving the X5iii to shut-off by itself, when it start again plays another song I have listen before...much more before..
With the previous 1.1.6 was worst as when I switched on again, the preference changed from play by folder- last position , to play all music.

Aug 2, 2017 at 6:58 AM Post #10,596 of 15,899
We fail to reproduce this. Are there any operation if you can report to us? Thank you in advanced!

1. In FiiO Music set Simplicity white theme.
2. Install X5-ota-eng-20170801.zip
3. In FiiO Music select Classic blue (or Deep black) theme - FM reboot.
4. On the first screen press the play mode button (button with a musical note).
5. FM is crash and writes: Sorry, exception occurs, application will exit.
6. In FiiOLog/system folder of new logs does not appear.

Aug 2, 2017 at 7:00 AM Post #10,597 of 15,899
Dear friend,

For keeping the play modes, it is required to exit the FiiO Music normally before turn it on again in order to save the setting. Or you have exited normally but the issue remains same?

Best regards

why would i exit Fiio music ? i just leave the X5 III going into sleep mode, and it happens when it wakes up from sleep.
Please don't tell me i have to shut down the X5 or close the Fiio music application everytime i have a break from it...

Aug 2, 2017 at 7:19 AM Post #10,598 of 15,899
I I just left, in this momemt, to idle power off off all alone the X5iii from Android mode, and now turning on again the player select a song I played but not the last :frowning2:
What is the X5's logic/procedure to save the last song/position?
Setting:
Display sleep - 2 minutes
Power off - off
Idle power off - 5 minutes
Where I am wrong?!

Aug 2, 2017 at 7:39 AM Post #10,599 of 15,899
So, now, in PURE MODE, I selected from folder an new song to change the previous resumed. I started to play then pause and left time enough to activate the Idle power off.
5 second pressing button to reactivate the X5 and ...wrong song again!
1.1.6 worked.
Really annoying situation with 1.1.7.
Any feedback from Fiio....Thanks

Aug 2, 2017 at 7:52 AM Post #10,600 of 15,899
i can confirm....
new firmw. 1.1.7 from 01.08.201

other problems, like spotify offline files, problems with sd card are gone...

Spotify offline all ok now?? That's good news.... I haven't tested that yet... I'm always very careful to switch to offline mode and close the app before shutting down at the moment.... I've had to redownload my offline playlists so many times!

Aug 2, 2017 at 8:01 AM Post #10,601 of 15,899
third try. like the previous post but this time I played an a song until went to the next one and turning on again the X5,... it resumed to the wrong one again....there is a cache problem?!???
Fourth try....new song playing, pause and reboot........£5$@!!!...always resume the wrong one....no doubt there is a problem in this new firmware​

Aug 2, 2017 at 8:03 AM Post #10,602 of 15,899
Spotify offline all ok now?? That's good news.... I haven't tested that yet... I'm always very careful to switch to offline mode and close the app before shutting down at the moment.... I've had to redownload my offline playlists so many times!

for me its working...i can force close spotify, random reboot, shut down... very happy.. dont know if it was the firmware or i with the root and stuff...

Aug 2, 2017 at 8:06 AM Post #10,603 of 15,899
for me its working...i can force close spotify, random reboot, shut down... very happy.. dont know if it was the firmware or i with the root and stuff...
Great news... I'll hold my breath and give it a try... Out of interest, why did you decide to root? I've regularly rooted phones for Xposed framework, greenify etc, but haven't yet felt the need for the x5

Aug 2, 2017 at 9:20 AM Post #10,605 of 15,899
I had issues with the latest firmware and going into full-size album art view. Fiio player would crash. I was wondering if anyone on the 1st page of this thread would change their "oooh this is going to be cool" post into something that could help everyone out like they did on the Chord Mojo thread. That way, you have questions... check the 1st page (3rd post or whatever) and look for the link to the relevant solution. I had to "hunt" for a way to downgrade my firmware.

http://fiio.me/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=41890&extra=

Users who are viewing this thread

Back