Fiio X5 3rd gen || 2x AKM 4490 || Balanced Out || DSD || DXD | DTS | Android || Dual Card Slot
Aug 1, 2017 at 2:08 PM Post #10,582 of 15,899
We are so sorry about the gapless issue bringing to you. And we have fixed it in this firmware: https://www.dropbox.com/s/al5lnhqqjbdf5bf/X5-ota-eng-20170801.zip?dl=0
Please download and have a try.

Thanks @FiiO, have now downloaded and installed this firmware.

For anyone using a Mac, download the zip file to your own Dropbox account and then transfer to X5iii for upgrade, as direct download to Mac unpacks the file after downloading and the upgrade won't automatically execute.

Last edited:
Aug 1, 2017 at 6:32 PM Post #10,584 of 15,899
Successfully tried out gapless playback with the updated firmware this evening listening to Pink Floyd 'The Wall'.

Aug 1, 2017 at 7:11 PM Post #10,585 of 15,899
I am set on eventually getting an Opus 1 Metal, but if Fiio can fix the few bugs I have heard about (but not tested one myself) with the X5 3 i would like to own one to use as a back up dap. I am not saying the X5 3 is bad. I have no opinion and will not have an opinion until I try it myself. This could be an excellent back up dap for me at some point.

Cheers

Riley

Aug 2, 2017 at 4:07 AM Post #10,586 of 15,899
Gapless is back but Fiio Music's instability too i'm afraid. It crashes often, doesn't resume properly, doesn't keep my play mode settings (i play in random mode but it keeps returning to repeat mode when i restart the app).
I'm glad Fiio shared with us the new theme that was developped for the X7 mk2, but i hope the future firmware development for the X7 mk2 will bring us some stability FINALLY ! ) :rage:

Aug 2, 2017 at 5:25 AM Post #10,587 of 15,899
Enjoyng the X5iii with a pair of CA Ei.3 (my X5ii died after 6 mounths.. no sound and replaced with 3rd).
Using it I have some remarks/suggestions to share

Fw:1.1.7

Problems / Bugs:

· I tried several app to re-tag my music on the fly and any of them can access the second SD card.

· Slow on start-up or resume...but everybody knows this.

Should be nice to have:

· in the music list visualization by Album, the possibility to list and scroll by bigger album art images (4 for line)

· in the music list visualization by Folder, to have the possibility of larger folder showing the album art stored.

· In the standard equalizer, the possibility even to select and scroll each band like in the X5 2 to be more precise than using a finger....for instance with the up/down volume

· If, using Viper instead of the standard equalizer, to have the possibility to touch the icon of the equalizer in Now Playing and to see the 2 options ( equalizer and Viper)

· The search function on internet for album art probably is good in China but here in Europe doesn’t find almost nothing as album art (please improve... and eventually add a tagger).

· the possibility to scroll music by quality format: by FLAC, high quality MP3 (up to 196) , low quality MP3 etc. (or at least like in the Onkyo player).

· in folder view, should be nice to have the name scrolling from left to right in case of long text.

Aug 2, 2017 at 6:24 AM Post #10,588 of 15,899
Enjoyng the X5iii with a pair of CA Ei.3 (my X5ii died after 6 mounths.. no sound and replaced with 3rd).
Using it I have some remarks/suggestions to share

Fw:1.1.7

Problems / Bugs:

· I tried several app to re-tag my music on the fly and any of them can access the second SD card.

· Slow on start-up or resume...but everybody knows this.

Should be nice to have:

· in the music list visualization by Album, the possibility to list and scroll by bigger album art images (4 for line)

· in the music list visualization by Folder, to have the possibility of larger folder showing the album art stored.

· In the standard equalizer, the possibility even to select and scroll each band like in the X5 2 to be more precise than using a finger....for instance with the up/down volume

· If, using Viper instead of the standard equalizer, to have the possibility to touch the icon of the equalizer in Now Playing and to see the 2 options ( equalizer and Viper)

· The search function on internet for album art probably is good in China but here in Europe doesn’t find almost nothing as album art (please improve... and eventually add a tagger).

· the possibility to scroll music by quality format: by FLAC, high quality MP3 (up to 196) , low quality MP3 etc. (or at least like in the Onkyo player).

· in folder view, should be nice to have the name scrolling from left to right in case of long text.

We support your observations, especially the idea about the equalizer! having a parametric EQ would be nice, or at least a graphic EQ that can be fine-tuned would be nice. There are many apps that can probably provide something like this, but FiiO's app sounds really good with their own DAP and some hardcore audiophiles would love this feature!

Aug 2, 2017 at 6:27 AM Post #10,589 of 15,899
Firmware 1.1.7 from 01.08.2017
Bug: Crash FiiO Music when switching to player mode, if a blue or black theme is selected.
Dear friend,

We fail to reproduce this. Are there any operation if you can report to us? Thank you in advanced!

Best regards

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Aug 2, 2017 at 6:34 AM Post #10,590 of 15,899
I have an issue with Fiio music crashing constantly on all the firmwares (including the latest) except for 1.1.4. I tried the following:
1. Re-formatting the sd card and copying music to it once again
2. Switching between slots 1 and 2
3. Deleting data of the Fiio music app
4. Performing factory reset
5. Deleting the fiio music folder and re-installing the firmware

Nothing helps. Wrote to fiio support and sent some supporting information. Has anyone had similar issues?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back