Fiio X5 3rd gen || 2x AKM 4490 || Balanced Out || DSD || DXD | DTS | Android || Dual Card Slot
Jul 4, 2017 at 3:40 AM Post #10,126 of 15,897
There is no reply from FiiO either from this thread or from support.
I seem to be ignored again by FiiO.

I expected that most third-party apps would bypass the SRC, but it was not so.
I have not been able to find a third-party app that bypass SRC.
According to FiiO's answer, BaiduCloud seems to bypass SRC.
Is the attached image a hype?
I wanted to bypass the SRC with my favorite third-party App, so I requested a concrete sample source code from FiiO.
However, that mail is being ignored.
What did FiiO customize for Android OS?
I always get an ambiguous answer from FiiO.

Will there be SRC (sample rate conversion) for third-party apps on X5 3rd gen?

Dear friend,

My colleague told me she has replied your mail and you can have a check. We don't mean to ignore or reply you so late. It really took us some time to communicate with the software engineers about your question. Sorry if bringing inconvenience to you.

Best regards

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Jul 4, 2017 at 3:45 AM Post #10,127 of 15,897
Jul 4, 2017 at 3:47 AM Post #10,128 of 15,897
I have a wish for FiiO Music : would it be possible to filter the displayed files by bitrate? Like hiding files with a bitrate lower than 128kbps, lower than 192kbps, lower than 320kbps, etc

Thanks, that would save me a lot of time :)

Jul 4, 2017 at 3:57 AM Post #10,129 of 15,897
Jul 4, 2017 at 8:34 AM Post #10,130 of 15,897
I have a wish for FiiO Music : would it be possible to filter the displayed files by bitrate? Like hiding files with a bitrate lower than 128kbps, lower than 192kbps, lower than 320kbps, etc

Thanks, that would save me a lot of time :)

really curious to know why the hell you need that for ...
seriously guys, stop asking features that you would be the only one to use. Fiio is not a restaurant where you can order what you'd like according to your special taste... bug fixing is more important.

Jul 4, 2017 at 9:37 AM Post #10,131 of 15,897
seriously guys, stop asking features that you would be the only one to use. Fiio is not a restaurant where you can order what you'd like according to your special taste... bug fixing is more important.

OK boss !!! I'll let the engineers know right away :)

Also I would like the filter to hide folders that don't contain files above the desired bitrate :) This function would help browsing the huge libraries you can store on the X5-3

Jul 4, 2017 at 9:37 AM Post #10,132 of 15,897
I have to admit I've never seen that from anyone before. Playing songs by bitrate.

I know some people play songs by mood and filter genres, etc but this is different....

I dunno I guess leave it to fiio.

Last edited:
Jul 4, 2017 at 10:19 AM Post #10,133 of 15,897
IMGP6223.JPG

Been waiting such a long time....

Having your favorites able to jack into anything is just too awesome.

Not a device on the market I cannot compare with the X5iii :wink:

Jul 4, 2017 at 11:34 AM Post #10,134 of 15,897

Been waiting such a long time....

Having your favorites able to jack into anything is just too awesome.

Not a device on the market I cannot compare with the X5iii :wink:

Awesome and my favourite track from DSoTM

Jul 4, 2017 at 11:45 AM Post #10,135 of 15,897
Awesome and my favourite track from DSoTM

My brain is so tuned to those IEM I wasn't listening much while they were gone being re-cabled. I listen to other head gear of course but for double checking stuff they are critical for me. Got em back and DSoTM is prety much the sound check for em.

Jul 4, 2017 at 3:06 PM Post #10,136 of 15,897
Wow, never thought my story of losing my X5iii would cause such a stir...
Thanks Fiio for the kind words, but yeah, sadly someone looked through my bag and took the player. Somehow they actually took the effort to unplug my IEMs from it though, so I consider it an extremely lucky theft.
I wasn't looking for sympathy or expected anything from Fiio themselves (that would be silly), as my post said I was looking for a replacement. I have now found one at a very good price, so just gonna take the hit and move on. And try not to forget my bag in places from now on...

Jul 4, 2017 at 3:11 PM Post #10,137 of 15,897

Seems like a request for better Play List functionality based on file criteria. I would certainly appreciate being able to create Smart Play Lists in Fiio Music e.g. 50 songs Rating = 5 star + Genre = rock (and in his case, bit rate > 320), Bug fixes are important, but so is product development. Fiio should be able to do both.

Jul 4, 2017 at 7:04 PM Post #10,139 of 15,897
That is just the polite way of saying "We truly don't care if someone stole your stuff, but we reply anyway".
A crying shame that there are people.. lots of them, in today's world that are simply searching... looking hard, for reasons to be offended.
I took the Fiio response at face value. The post meant that their hope was that the OP would get his X5III back...

The follow-up confirmed this!

It must be a miserable existence dealing with this attitude every day...

I feel that the Fiio involvement in this and many other threads to be refreshing and to be highly appreciated.

Jul 5, 2017 at 9:18 AM Post #10,140 of 15,897
@FiiO I'm enjoying using the X5iii. Though, there are a few things that I'd LOVE to see on the X7ii before release. How about allowing the DAP to do Balanced Line-Out from the DAP itself? I have a transportable Balanced Amp that uses 2x (3pin XLR) input for Balanced? I don't want to "HAVE" to purchase an external amp (K5) that requires a wall outlet for me to get Balanced out of the DAP. This would negate the point of my Balanced transportable Amp (VE RA2B). How about a Dock that has HDMI out? This way, I can place a dock on next to my TV and simply plug in my X7ii into the Dock and get a Balanced Line-Out (or stereo out due to your fantastic pinout design used on the K5) and have the HDMI out into my AVR or external amp (or whatever device that will take the input), yet be able to see the video of my Tracks/Songs/ etc. on my TV and change them from the comfort of my couch? The RM1 remote allows only the most basic functions. The 1 it is most needing and lacking is actual navigation (to exit current folder/etc. and move to next folder for playback). This would certainly pull you ahead of A&K in my book and bring exceptional value to your product. You're almost there already (I've connected and been able to use my DisplayLink once on the X5iii and have the video displayed on my Monitor... but then it stopped working for some reason).

Sorry if wrong spot... now I need to find the X7ii thread.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back