Fiio X5 3rd gen || 2x AKM 4490 || Balanced Out || DSD || DXD | DTS | Android || Dual Card Slot
Jul 3, 2017 at 8:55 AM Post #10,111 of 15,897
FiiO x7 mk II...

Jul 3, 2017 at 9:33 AM Post #10,113 of 15,897
Why is it people from FiiO don't read posts properly. I have read reply's on the Fiio forum, both to myself and other posters many times.
The person posted that they took his X5iii and left the IEM's. They didn't take the whole bag!
"Forgot my bag in the park yesterday and someone stole my dear X5iii from it :frowning2: (had some expensive IEMs in there too and they left those thank GOD)"

Or perhaps its that English is not their first language, and the FiiO representatives (who I personally have found to be courteous, extremely helpful, and also quite honourable trying to assist the members here wherever possible) - were simply showing a bit of empathy. The last thing I think they should be is criticised ......

That is just the polite way of saying "We truly don't care if someone stole your stuff, but we reply anyway".

How quaint that a new member can take a pot shot at a company who has certainly been extremely active in working with the Community to develop better products, and always been polite and respectful. Perhaps you can name me one instance where a FiiO representative has ever presented such a callous attitude? Sometimes I truly despair at some of the posts in this forum. If we all showed the willingness to help each other, and to respect each other - such as FiiO tries to do - the world would be a richer place for it.

Jul 3, 2017 at 10:13 AM Post #10,115 of 15,897
But the original poster quite clearly states that his X5iii was removed from his bag, but some expensive IEM's were left. It's difficult to imagine any confusion.

Like I said earlier, I've seen it on the official FiiO forum as well.

Jul 3, 2017 at 10:19 AM Post #10,116 of 15,897
Sometimes I truly despair at some of the posts in this forum. If we all showed the willingness to help each other, and to respect each other - such as FiiO tries to do - the world would be a richer place for it.

Agree, lost in translation but could be a genuine show of concern seeing as in China children still have classes on good manners and respect for others (especially elders).

Last edited:
Jul 3, 2017 at 10:21 AM Post #10,117 of 15,897
But the original poster quite clearly states that his X5iii was removed from his bag, but some expensive IEM's were left. It's difficult to imagine any confusion.

Like I said earlier, I've seen it on the official FiiO forum as well.
Expensive? Most likely universal iems which most have no idea its worth and very low resale. Seems the thief had a lot of time to look in the bag. Seems it would have been easier to take the whole bag. The point to me is he doesnt have a X5III and he misses it.

Jul 3, 2017 at 10:41 AM Post #10,118 of 15,897
Agreed. He or she took the time to look inside rather than swipe the whole bag.

Also, no home contents insurance policy will compensate for any loss incurred when an item was left unattended.

I personally feel sorry for the guy, on two levels. Who hasn't been distracted and left something like a phone in a restaurant or taxi and secondly, I've had lots off FiiO DAPs and sold an X5 3rd Gen to "Upgrade" to a DAP more than twice the price (Non-FiiO). Didn't like it as much, sold it and know have another FiiO on its way.

Last edited:
Jul 3, 2017 at 10:43 AM Post #10,119 of 15,897
Agreed. He or she took the time to look inside rather than swipe the whole bag.

Also, no home contents insurance policy will compensate for any loss incurred when an item was left unattended.

I personally feel sorry for the guy, on two levels. Who hasn't been distracted and left something like a phone in a bar or taxi and secondly, I've had an X5 3rd Gen and sold it to "Upgrade" to a DAP more than twice the price. Didn't like it as much, sold it and know have another FiiO on its way.
They really pushed that other dap but reality set in.

Jul 3, 2017 at 11:34 PM Post #10,120 of 15,897
"How quaint that a new member can take a pot shot at a company who has certainly been extremely active in working with the Community to develop better products, and always been polite and respectful. Perhaps you can name me one instance where a FiiO representative has ever presented such a callous attitude? Sometimes I truly despair at some of the posts in this forum. If we all showed the willingness to help each other, and to respect each other - such as FiiO tries to do - the world would be a richer place for it."

+1

Last edited:
Jul 3, 2017 at 11:42 PM Post #10,121 of 15,897

Sounds lovely on the X5III + A5 + 99c

Jul 4, 2017 at 1:40 AM Post #10,124 of 15,897
I'm going to go out on a limb and suggest that the penalties in China for petty theft are a bit more severe than in the UK or USA. Therefore you can't expect a Chinese citizen to understand theft in the same way.

I often shake my head at all the ladies in the grocery stores who leave pocketbooks sitting on top of shopping carts as they walk away to go squeeze some produce. This is probably more a West Coast thing as my East Coast upbringing taught me a lot more caution.

Anyway back to my X5iii, it sounds way different with my AKG 702's newly purchased vs. my old HD600's. Lots more Bass. I decided I don't like having two pairs as having to chose which to use just makes things complicated.

Jul 4, 2017 at 3:32 AM Post #10,125 of 15,897
Why is it people from FiiO don't read posts properly. I have read reply's on the Fiio forum, both to myself and other posters many times.

The person posted that they took his X5iii and left the IEM's. They didn't take the whole bag!

"Forgot my bag in the park yesterday and someone stole my dear X5iii from it :frowning2: (had some expensive IEMs in there too and they left those thank GOD)"

Dear friend,

I am so sorry that my post lead to a misunderstanding. I just thought too much before and imagined the X5 was not inside the bag so maybe someone took by mistake.:sweat::sob::sob::sob: And hoping the small possibility of getting back would happen for my dear friend. Please accept my sincere apology for bringing inconvenience to you. If you have any problems or suggestions to our products, please do not hesitate to inform us. Thank you in advanced!

Best regards

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back