Fiio X5 3rd gen || 2x AKM 4490 || Balanced Out || DSD || DXD | DTS | Android || Dual Card Slot
May 27, 2017 at 5:49 PM Post #9,316 of 15,899
How do you do that? I've tried holding every combination of power, play/pause, next track and previous track and nothing works. Fiio support is telling me to hold power and the volume up button...................

from the off state press and hold the power button and the up track button (just ubser the volume wheel) for about 30 sec, you'll see the welcome then after about another 30 sec the android system recovery. It tells you in red what to do vol to scrol, power to enter, choose factory reset. Let it do that, then press the power on for about ten sec. See if that sorts it.......

May 27, 2017 at 7:48 PM Post #9,319 of 15,899
@FiiO , please, in the next firmware, Implement the function of crossfade, is very very important, at least for me. Greetings and thanks.:triportsad:

Use Viper - and enable Field Surround. It appears to be a crossfeed setting(at least that is how it acts). You can dial in different amounts of crossfeed, and it definitely creates a sense of soundstage. Its a setting I use constantly witht he X5iii.

May 27, 2017 at 8:00 PM Post #9,320 of 15,899
I think Kasios want cross fade for track changes rather than crossfeed. Though crossfeed is real nice, especially with some older recording that use too much hard panning.

May 27, 2017 at 11:54 PM Post #9,322 of 15,899
Single ended mode - Onkyo wins on sound stage, depth, clear instruments placement, bass more textured and controlled, no distortion in mid frequencies, highs much more airy and shiny. FiiO for my ears sounding veiled - like through curtain.
Balanced - on FiiO it is just some slight improvement, on Onkyo, with ACG mode - really shines.
You seems to have similar impression as mine for fiio x5 3rd gen. I find it hardly better than shanling m1 and sound Blaster e3. Not sure if faulty unit/amp. Sound stage is bad and instrument separation is on the muddy side. Feels like a device that limit the performance of your iem / headphones rather than improving it. But then, I'll be keeping it to see if fiio improve the sound through software. I expect them to Magically release a firmware that sound good after the release of X7ii

May 28, 2017 at 2:00 AM Post #9,323 of 15,899
You seems to have similar impression as mine for fiio x5 3rd gen. I find it hardly better than shanling m1 and sound Blaster e3. Not sure if faulty unit/amp. Sound stage is bad and instrument separation is on the muddy side. Feels like a device that limit the performance of your iem / headphones rather than improving it. But then, I'll be keeping it to see if fiio improve the sound through software. I expect them to Magically release a firmware that sound good after the release of X7ii
THEN sell what you dont like and stick with what you like. Then be happy or maybe you find it enjoyable to complain

May 28, 2017 at 2:14 AM Post #9,325 of 15,899
I will plan to test the demo unit later on first. If same result. Then i will probably sell it. If not, I'm sending for repair.
Then no need to repeat how unhappy you are. Seems every week you posting the same conplaint.

May 28, 2017 at 3:53 AM Post #9,327 of 15,899
@FiiO , please, in the next firmware, Implement the function of crossfade, is very very important, at least for me. Greetings and thanks.
Use Viper - and enable Field Surround. It appears to be a crossfeed setting(at least that is how it acts). You can dial in different amounts of crossfeed, and it definitely creates a sense of soundstage. Its a setting I use constantly witht he X5iii.
756/5000
Hi. I have tried that option and it is not what I am looking for. The option you say modifies the sound, you hear the music more flat ...... and that has nothing to do with the crossfade. The crossfade I give by echo that we all know what it is, that is when a song is about to end is going down the volume of sound and starts the next song with the volume of sound low and goes up to the current volume. It is an option that I have enjoyed a lot in my mobile and I am surprised and sad to see that this Music player from FIIO does not have it, because it is something basic (itunes has it for a long time ...).
That's why my insistence that @FiiO include it in a new firmware with the option to choose the minutes of the crossfade.
I hope they include you soon.

May 28, 2017 at 5:31 AM Post #9,328 of 15,899
Ok - sorry, should have read your original post better. I personally find crossfade a complete and utter waste of time - would much rather see FiiO concentrate on something like ReplayGain - but different strokes for different folks I guess. If it is really important for you - you could try the Neutron player with the X5iii - it has a crossfade function (and its customisable).

May 28, 2017 at 6:11 AM Post #9,330 of 15,899
Ok - sorry, should have read your original post better. I personally find crossfade a complete and utter waste of time - would much rather see FiiO concentrate on something like ReplayGain - but different strokes for different folks I guess. If it is really important for you - you could try the Neutron player with the X5iii - it has a crossfade function (and its customisable).

Foobar for android have them both - replai gain and crossfade.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back