Fiio X5 3rd gen || 2x AKM 4490 || Balanced Out || DSD || DXD | DTS | Android || Dual Card Slot
Apr 18, 2017 at 5:43 AM Post #7,771 of 15,897
Back posting on head-fi after a very loooong time. Got my new Super Audio 6 and Fiio X5iii. The X5iii is like honey - thick, syrupy but crystal clear. Warm sound with extended treble pairs very nicely with my Fiio EX1 (Dunu Titan 1) as well. Thanks for the information, which made me choose the X5iii, everyone.

Apr 18, 2017 at 6:10 AM Post #7,772 of 15,897
  hi guys

I am thinking about buying a fiio x5 III. I spent a bit time reading about it.

so I have a few questions

1. does it work well with headphones like beyer t1 and dt1350? dt1350 is more my main target but I do want to use this at home too
2. currently I have a smsl m8 at home and it can connect to vacuum tube amp like the little dot mkIII. so can this x5III connect to vacuum tube amplifier?
3. does it work well with PC as USB dac no issues? I saw something about problems not working reliably. has this been resolved?
4. I heard some standby noise issue with the unit has that been resolved? something about sensitive IEM which I had before and got rid of all IEM and prefer larger headphones. plug in and unplug have a little noise is normal for most devices. but yeah cell phones don't do that
5. what colour do you recommend? the wife says black I am leaning towards the red one lol.

so this is best value for money product now vs all other brands. it's not cheap by all means but nothing comes close in value.

it uses same chips as ak380 which is extremely expensive. I don't think it cost that much to make that one. it's 2017 micro electronics should be cheap.

also are there any made in japan DAP out there? I do like to have something I know will likely last a while. I did some research and all the onkyo are from china. might as well just get the fiio since they are probably made in the same factory.

thank you.

I have a DT1350 and I really love the sound. Bass goes ultralow, but never boomy. Transparency is awesome and the imaging is perfect.
No hiss, but I usually play at 60-70 volume, 90 max (of 120 total).
I would suggest to try the combination first though. To each his own.

Apr 18, 2017 at 6:27 AM Post #7,774 of 15,897

Hi!

I have last firmware version - 1.1.4.
File - https://www.demonoid.pw/files/details/3539645/

Dear Famazon,

We failed to downloaded the files. Would you mind update one of the file to dropbox and share the link to us?

Best regards

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Apr 18, 2017 at 6:55 AM Post #7,775 of 15,897
Is the gapless playback on Fiio Music app working correctly for you?
Apart from a quick click when changing the tracks, it also repeats the last second (or maybe less) of the previous track - it's pretty apparent when there's absolutely no silence between two tracks (for example concerts etc.).

And how does exactly "play through folders" work? I ticked it, but when an album ends (I'm using folder navigation), it's not skipping automatically to the next folder).

Apr 18, 2017 at 7:06 AM Post #7,776 of 15,897
  Is the gapless playback on Fiio Music app working correctly for you?
Apart from a quick click when changing the tracks, it also repeats the last second (or maybe less) of the previous track - it's pretty apparent when there's absolutely no silence between two tracks (for example concerts etc.).

And how does exactly "play through folders" work? I ticked it, but when an album ends (I'm using folder navigation), it's not skipping automatically to the next folder).

You need to be playing from explorer / folder mode - not album mode.

Apr 18, 2017 at 7:58 AM Post #7,777 of 15,897

You need to be playing from explorer / folder mode - not album mode.

Yes, I was using the folder mode :)
Anyway, after choosing a second album, it now automatically skipped to a third one - not sure why it didn't work before, but it seems to be fine now.

Apr 18, 2017 at 9:51 AM Post #7,779 of 15,897

Yes, I was using the folder mode :)
Anyway, after choosing a second album, it now automatically skipped to a third one - not sure why it didn't work before, but it seems to be fine now.

​Are you in Pure Music or Android mode?

I mostly play Pure Music, never ever use Folder mode and it works for me. Seems to not work in Android from what I can tell on mine.

Apr 18, 2017 at 12:28 PM Post #7,783 of 15,897
Just an observation here.  Using a fairly non-descriptive (and old) Motorola charging cube, my device went from around 65% to 100% in about 1/2 hour while playing.  Bluetooth and Wi-Fi are on, screen is off.  Volume is all the way down as I'm playing through an amp (E12).

The screen does not display a "quick charge" notice.

Apr 18, 2017 at 1:04 PM Post #7,784 of 15,897

It will do very well! 
gs1000.gif

I wouldn't expect V20 to be at the same level any day soon. No smartphone for that matter 
gs1000.gif

Folks at FiiO know their job quite well! 

Absolutely, X5 3 took FiiO to a new level. Excellent job FiiO..........!!!!!

Apr 18, 2017 at 1:14 PM Post #7,785 of 15,897
had a chance to compare the 2 using my Oppo PM3. 
now granted, the X5 can go higher and stronger in regards to volume.
but, the details and resolution is superior on the V20. sound is more open and airy. more crispness I dare say.
the X5 is so much more condensed and imaging is small. due to more power i guess, everything is tighter on it.

plus the X5 takes 2-3 seconds to start play a song. coming from an LG flagship, it's a crime against humanity. X5 tested on latest FW.

if you're headphones/earphones is driven fine by the V20 then I say stick with it.

It's just your personal preference, but it's not the case. The top end of V20 is sparkly but feels unnatural at times. X5 3 top end is smooth but feels more natural.

It's about accuracy and naturality. If V20 is good enough for you, you don't need to spend on these DAPs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back