Fiio X5 3rd gen || 2x AKM 4490 || Balanced Out || DSD || DXD | DTS | Android || Dual Card Slot
Apr 11, 2017 at 8:58 AM Post #7,336 of 15,897
  weird as even when i use it in main settings i hear no difference at all moving the sliders , can you please check and report back as this is concerning me now

Hi

You had me worried for a second, I just checked my X5III and it appeared as though it was not working, however, it is working, but it is very subtle. 

Moving the balance two postions to "Left 2" on my X5II is noticable and corrects the defect in my left ear, however, on the X5III the difference is hardly noticable, I have to move the balance to "Left 5" for the sound to feel fully balanced.

Sorry that yours is not working, either yours is faulty or you have not moved the balance enough for it to be noticable.

One good point, your comment has improved the sound of my X5III as it now sounds fully balanced.

Thanks.

Apr 11, 2017 at 9:17 AM Post #7,337 of 15,897
  If there weren't bugs, they wouldn't have to. So it's not a "kindness of their heart" type deal. Just giving their paying customers the product they should have had from day one.

I'm used to Android. 

Everything Android needs updates. 

Not everything Android gets them though 
frown.gif

Apr 11, 2017 at 9:20 AM Post #7,338 of 15,897
Got a new sandisk 128 gb mSD and format remained as exFAT. Transferred around 6000 tracks of different formats. Scanned perfectly and works as expected.
FW 1.1.4

Apr 11, 2017 at 9:43 AM Post #7,339 of 15,897
Yes all formats work well in the X5iii but if you ever want to format anything in fat32 I have used guiformat for years with no problems in anything I've used it in.   http://www.ridgecrop.demon.co.uk/index.htm?guiformat.htm     Click on picture to download it.

Apr 11, 2017 at 10:39 AM Post #7,341 of 15,897
  Is there a setting I need to get the Fiio to play through a car on Bluetooth?  I had not trouble pairing the Fiio with the car stereo, but the car didn't see any music.

Dear Moosbrugger,

Can the songs in X5III be played via the Bluetooth in the car? The information of the songs may not be shown in the display of the car stereo now. We will try to improve it in later firmware.

Best regards

So, I played with it some more, and I can play the music through bluetooth.  Just can't see the songs displayed.  Thanks.  Hopefully this will be fixed soon.  It's too awkward (and illegal in New York) to use the X5 while driving.

Apr 11, 2017 at 10:44 AM Post #7,342 of 15,897
  Sandisk 256gb microsd 119.99 on amazon US

Great price... I wonder if going up to 256GB would be worth it over a 200GB at $77. I mean, for about $30 more... I could have 400GB.

Apr 11, 2017 at 10:52 AM Post #7,343 of 15,897
  Great price... I wonder if going up to 256GB would be worth it over a 200GB at $77. I mean, for about $30 more... I could have 400GB.

I would say go for the 200GB, 56GB additional for 55% additional price is not worth it IMO. The price of the 256GB will go down even further.

Apr 11, 2017 at 11:17 AM Post #7,346 of 15,897
  How do I got 200 gb from my 200 gb sd card?  I'm only getting 183 gb.

That is normal 
gs1000.gif

Let's not bring this conversation here for too long, this has been discussed in FiiO X5-2 thread as well. 

It happens because of how digital data works. 

The long story is a bit more complicated. 

Apr 11, 2017 at 11:18 AM Post #7,347 of 15,897
Apr 11, 2017 at 11:45 AM Post #7,349 of 15,897
  Well you guys have to understand there will always be guys that don't like a sound for whatever reason it may be. I have never read a thread that has 100% satisfied users on any dap I have ever read up on. 

I have been using my X5iii with my CKR10. Modest little portable get up but this combo has been crazy good for me. As good as my IDSD BL is I can't tell much of a difference when I am using the CKR10 SQ wise. That says a lot about the X5iii SQ.  

It is only when I am using full sized cans there is much more difference. 

Completely agree with the comparison of the iDSD BL and Fiio X5iii @Dsnuts. Going back and forth between the two numerous times, it was difficult pin pointing major differences. However, overall I would say that the iDSD BL is more refined, mature, think of it as a big bad brother. Ever slight better treble extension, soundstage, engaging mids and vocal performance and definitely harder and deeper hitting bass. Of course this is just my opinion. It would nice to hear your thoughts comparing the two? 

Have you tried paring the them together for powering heavier cans? The synergy is simply stunning with my Elears and HE500. I didn't think they would go well together as both lean towards the warmer side of sound, but sweet Christmas was I wrong. Especially if I'm connecting the two via a m2m Oyaide HPC QUAD (cable) platinum + palladium (3.5mm jacks) - which adds great speed, dynamics and transparency to the whole equation. I'd highly recommend trying it (with a 'brightish' cable connecting the two). This combo does magical things to the Elear, someone previously mentioned Audio Nirwana, I'm There :)  

Apr 11, 2017 at 12:09 PM Post #7,350 of 15,897
Agreed with your thoughts. I think with my iems not really much difference but it is my cans I can clearly tell the resolution and expanded dynamics of the BL. Love my BL but also love my X5iii. Both get used every day.  

In fact I use the X5iii line out to my BL via coax. Works great for desktop performance on the go. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back