Fiio X5 3rd gen || 2x AKM 4490 || Balanced Out || DSD || DXD | DTS | Android || Dual Card Slot
Apr 11, 2017 at 2:14 AM Post #7,321 of 15,899
Since looking at your photo, I am very tempted to get the LCD XC.
Its looks like an art on your ears playing beautiful music.

You nailed it exactly! It's just (for my ears) pure music on all fronts. Rock, Jazz, Classical, it's just 
biggrin.gif

Apr 11, 2017 at 2:52 AM Post #7,322 of 15,899
Dear Matrix Petka,

Thank you for the kind feedback to us. You are using the FW1.1.4, right?
1. You can hear the 0.5s from last song when switching the songs? Are you turning on the Viper effect? What's the format of your songs? Or it is a cue file?
2. We shield the rotating function for the X5III. You need to install a video player first if you want to play videos in the X5III. You may click the enlarging button in the software for full screen display.
3. Do you mean that you want a certain EQ settings for different headphones? If yes, you can reset the custom and some EQ you don't like to get it works.
4. The switch of the Viper effects will turn black suddently?

For the other issues and advices, we will report to our engineers and have a look at them. Thanks again for the support.

Best regards

Dear FiiO,

I made choice for second DAP for FiiO, because I saw how you respond to customers needs. Thank you for care and attention. On my side I would like to assure you that all critics from my side is only positive and aiming to make FiiO X5 3 just perfect. If I can do anything more for beta testing, just let me know.

1.Yes, I hear 0,5s from last song and sometimes even some part in between when switching songs or fast forward. It happens with Viper, without Viper - just short "Bump".
2.I have installed VLC player. In Onkyo it was rotating automatically. Well, will try to play with settings in the evening later and will let you know.
3.It would be nice to have possibility to save different EQ settings for different headphones(IEM's) - just by adding function save settings and adding name. It would be convenient, isn't?
4.Yes, right.

Will be glad to help you on the way to perfection. I am playing a lot HR files, so there I can be helpfull :)

Thank you FiiO for care.

Apr 11, 2017 at 3:36 AM Post #7,323 of 15,899
  I used them often too.
Did you pre order yours?
My topcashback still not tracked.

No, I did not pre-order, I was intending on sticking with my X5II but the more I read about the X5III the more I wanted one.

I have not tried topcashback yet (too lazy to switch from Quidco), what was your cashback rate? 

I received an additional 6.6% with Quidco that tracked straight away, I am just waiting for it to be paid now.

Apr 11, 2017 at 3:41 AM Post #7,324 of 15,899
  I appreciate that FiiO is still putting out new firmware versions 
biggrin.gif

It is a great deal of effort to do this and at this relatively small interval 
tongue.gif

If there weren't bugs, they wouldn't have to. So it's not a "kindness of their heart" type deal. Just giving their paying customers the product they should have had from day one.

Apr 11, 2017 at 3:51 AM Post #7,325 of 15,899
  Hi, a question about a good matching between X5 3rd and close headphones. I like the pair  X5 / Beyer dt 880, but now I need a close headphone with a good isolation.
Sometime ago I tried Beyer dt 770 (80 ohm)  with old X3 I gen, and musicality/stage were quite good, but I've some doubt about combo X5 iii / 770... Is there someone here that has / had this combo? I'd like to hear about a real experience with these cans or something near his sound. Thanks

Like many, I started off with Bose headphones mainly due to owning Bose docks, since then I have purchased AKG’s, Sennheiser’s, Denon’s etc., all sub £400.

I then purchased a cheap pair of B&O Beoplay H2s for travelling and was surprised by the clarity considering their price, however, they were not quite there, so I purchased a pair of 2nd Gen Beoplay H6s.

Personally, I believe that the H6s are AMAZING for their price, I would say that they sound better than many headphones costing twice, if not more.

I am an Old Fart who listens to mainly Rock & Alt Rock, and I find the H6 perfect for those genres.

After listening to a little R’n’B, (as I found myself liking some of Rag’n’Bone Man’s music), I discovered a whole new bass level coming from the Fiio x5III.

The Beoplay H6 delivers this full thumping bass without any distortion, nothing like the muddy sounding Beats.

The H6 is one of the most comfortable headphones that I have tried, I have large ears that fit comfortably within the H6, they grip my head well and provide good isolation.

Apr 11, 2017 at 3:59 AM Post #7,326 of 15,899
Time for a pic...

Apr 11, 2017 at 4:19 AM Post #7,327 of 15,899
why does the balance slider not work in stock music app, when i move the slider to left or right nothing happens?

do u guys have it working using single Headphone out, or does it only work on balanced Headphone out

Apr 11, 2017 at 4:45 AM Post #7,328 of 15,899
It’s been 2 weeks and I must say I am loving the x5 especially on my P1s. Unfortunately I have now fallen prey to the Spotify bug which has deleted all of my downloaded albums. The Albums were stored on the internal storage. I am running FW1.1.4 and the latest version of Spotify from the Google Play store. I am not sure if it is related by the Spotify app had also logged out, the albums were still showing in my library just not downloaded. I have followed the trouble shooting pages on the Spotify forums to no avail. Has anyone found a solution to this?

I have this problem as well. You have to close Spotify before you turn the x5 off, otherwise you lose all your offline data. It doesn't matter where you save it to. Other than this, I have found no solution.

Apr 11, 2017 at 4:55 AM Post #7,329 of 15,899
  why does the balance slider not work in stock music app, when i move the slider to left or right nothing happens?

do u guys have it working using single Headphone out, or does it only work on balanced Headphone out

I have the balance set two notches to the left as the hearing in my left ear is a lttle weak. 

I will have to double check mine and compare it with my X5II as I thought it was working. 

EDIT:

Maybe I am misinterpreting this, I have setup my balance through the main settings.

Apr 11, 2017 at 5:22 AM Post #7,331 of 15,899
Comparison with the iBasso DX80 is fair. I have the DX80 also and it is a fine player and powerful. I would put the SQ on a par with the x5. But the DX80 runs Mango software (available on the DX200 also) but many users want the full Android experience (plus wifi, Bluetooth and the rest),
Re DNLA I meant installling Foobar on the X5 solved my problem. (My files are on a Western Digital Mycloud server).

I had like it will on the same level of SQ, really ... the idea to have source allowing me at least the possibility to listen for web radios, Spotify and youtube is nit bad at all. Youtoube indeed is the way used to communicate between audio lovers to share new music 

So I also have shared the idea of new features

but 

Bass is less powerful and less controller, in the highest part there we have more information than IBasso but the fall is acid, no worth the change of digital filter the super roll off make evident voices but the transient become too slow ... I have just completed some testing with Igrado too bass is shy undefined in FIIO the Ibasso strike compact.... I would say it is like listening a mcintosh 6900 with this slow bass response and without the richness and clarity in the midder upper. Sad to have sold the DX 80 thinking about a buy back 

Apr 11, 2017 at 6:34 AM Post #7,333 of 15,899

I have the balance set two notches to the left as the hearing in my left ear is a lttle weak. 

I will have to double check mine and compare it with my X5II as I thought it was working. 

EDIT:

Maybe I am misinterpreting this, I have setup my balance through the main settings.

weird as even when i use it in main settings i hear no difference at all moving the sliders , can you please check and report back as this is concerning me now

Apr 11, 2017 at 7:27 AM Post #7,334 of 15,899
  weird as even when i use it in main settings i hear no difference at all moving the sliders , can you please check and report back as this is concerning me now

Silly question but you're not using the line out socket to an external amp? I know it's been reported that the balance doesn't work for line out (or was that dig out).

Apr 11, 2017 at 7:37 AM Post #7,335 of 15,899
Many daps have very weak amps so when they go from SE to Balanced there will be a very big difference in sound.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back