Fiio X5 3rd gen || 2x AKM 4490 || Balanced Out || DSD || DXD | DTS | Android || Dual Card Slot
Mar 28, 2017 at 12:32 AM Post #6,136 of 15,897
I wouldn't go that far. It's only because it would inherently break pure audio mode which I honestly don't care for. As an android power user, it would take A LOT to shoot myself in the foot. :wink: I thought their android version would be more flexible than this...

To be fair, it's a DAP and not a phone. FiiO have a published list of working apps for you to view. You may not use Pure Music, but it's a sure bet many if not most on here do. It was a big selling point of the DAP. Why do you want or need a custom launcher? Again, it's a device that's designed for playing music, not for deep personal customisation. Some of the most highly praised Android-based DAPs don't allow third party apps at all...

Mar 28, 2017 at 12:47 AM Post #6,137 of 15,897
Some of the most highly praised Android-based DAPs don't allow third party apps at all...

In a hobby stuffed with almost total subjectivity that means absolutely nothing.

I agree that the FiiO pure music is likely the best for the device but correlation between Spartan droid OS's and quality based on reviews, many which were provided free means almost minus zero.

Mar 28, 2017 at 12:50 AM Post #6,138 of 15,897
In a hobby stuffed with almost total subjectivity that means absolutely nothing.

I agree that the FiiO pure music is likely the best for the device but correlation between Spartan droid OS's and quality based on reviews, many which were provided free means almost minus zero.

Quite so! Was merely being illustrative that it's a DAP and not a phone. I think the X5 provides a great balance of features and customisability

Mar 28, 2017 at 12:54 AM Post #6,139 of 15,897
Quite so! Was merely being illustrative that it's a DAP and not a phone. I think the X5 provides a great balance of features and customisability

​I was rage posting
biggrin.gif

I agree. It is not a phone and everything beyond good sound is a bonus depending on your wants and needs. 

Mar 28, 2017 at 1:12 AM Post #6,140 of 15,897

​I was rage posting
biggrin.gif

I agree. It is not a phone and everything beyond good sound is a bonus depending on your wants and needs. 

We already got a ton of bonus with this one! 

I don't need it to cook me dishes, I need it to play me music 
biggrin.gif

I also believe that it is more important to have that Pure Music mode rather than allow launchers mainly because it serves the purpose of music playback. 

I wouldn't go that far. It's only because it would inherently break pure audio mode which I honestly don't care for. As an android power user, it would take A LOT to shoot myself in the foot. :wink: I thought their android version would be more flexible than this...

It is a protection so that the DAP is used for music playback. 

Mar 28, 2017 at 1:34 AM Post #6,141 of 15,897
Wow... Another irritant: I can't configure a launcher other than Launcher3... Srsly. When Fiio says heavily modified, they should add crippled as well. :/ Time to root.

So, you can't simply download the apk for a 3rd party launcher and install it?

Mar 28, 2017 at 2:17 AM Post #6,142 of 15,897
Hello,

How do yo take a screenshot of the X5 III screen ?

I have red that I have to press "Power" key and the up part of the "Prev/Next" key at the same time... But it does nothing on my X5 III.
confused_face(1).gif

Is there a feature to enable, before ?

Thank  you,

Mar 28, 2017 at 4:09 AM Post #6,146 of 15,897

2. Are you using the version in FiiO Market? We will report to our engineers and have a look about that.

Thanks for feedback.
I downloaded the app from Rockbox page.
Wanted to try with the one from Fiio Market, but for some reason Fiio Market is not loading (firmware 1.1.4, wi-fi connection seems fine).

Mar 28, 2017 at 4:10 AM Post #6,147 of 15,897
@Brooko 
Have you tried the X5iii with the HD600?  
What did you think?
Did it need stacking with the A5?

Yep - have tried.  Its an interesting question and I guess it depends on what you're listening to and what your normal listening volume is.  If I'm listening to well recorded classical, or even something like Amber Rubarth's "Tundra" (my soundstage test), then to get my normal listening level of 65-75 dB I'd have to crank the X5iii to around 85-90/120 (low gain though).  On high gain there is still quite a bit of headroom - after all 80/120 db is only 2/3 of the way.

For more modern rock (Pearl Jam), 60-65/120 easily meets my normal listening level on high gain. I've been listening to the HD800S a lot without any additional amping as well.  So is it required? Not for my listening levels and headphones. And IMO the HD600 and HD800S both sound fantastic out of the X5iii alone.

An amp will give you a bit more battery life, and a bit more headroom - but personally I don't think it adds a lot to the sonic signature.  Mind you the A5 is a very neutral amp.  Its one of the reasons I really like it.  Does its job and gets out of the way.

So need an amp - no.
Benefits from an amp - not enough for me to say it is required.
Do I use an amp - most of the time no - occasionally if I'm having an extended listening session, or the whim takes me 
wink.gif

Mar 28, 2017 at 4:13 AM Post #6,148 of 15,897
@FiiO Obviously there is a hidden consumption in standby, and it is not logical because it is not a smartphone ...

Fully charged (100%) at 0:00 hours, in "pure music" mode, I disconnect the charger.
At 7:40 am consumption has already been 11%.

As you can see in the capture, the only thing that consumes is the status of "inactive" (no screen, no wifi, no bt ... nothing).
But as you can see in the graph, there is a continuous and stable consumption (there are no peaks, a straight downward line).

Strangely "inactive tablet" says that it has only consumed 2% (a logical and acceptable consumption), but the reality is that the X5iii has consumed 11% of battery ...
There is something to eat the remaining 9% ...

1. Blue Led? (Please include option to turn off the led)
  2. Hidden processes? (Would have to look for them)
  3. Does the microsd card have permanent consumption? (Bad solution, I do not think you can do anything if you we do not want microsd to be unmounted)
  4. Does the battery discharge itself? (You can not do anything about it either)

Mar 28, 2017 at 4:45 AM Post #6,149 of 15,897
  Dear hanes,

Thank you for the feedback.

The issue only happens in 'Fire EQ' or other Viper effects as well?

Did you switch to another TF card when using the Spotify? Or you can see the capacity of the Spotify folder get smaller? Can you play the downloaded song still?

Best regards

Hi Fiio,

thanks for your reply!

1. I checked it and the other free Viber Effects also do not work. I did not buy one though. Any ideas? Is this not the case on all players?

2. The downloaded songs completely disappear from the Offline-Content (no green arrow anymore). I can still play them Online, though. I will check next time they they get deleted whether the folder gets smaller. 

Mar 28, 2017 at 6:17 AM Post #6,150 of 15,897
  Hello,

How do yo take a screenshot of the X5 III screen ?

I have red that I have to press "Power" key and the up part of the "Prev/Next" key at the same time... But it does nothing on my X5 III.
confused_face(1).gif

Is there a feature to enable, before ?

Thank  you,

Dear denony,

Yes, you can press the power button and the previous song button at the same time, and hold them for a few seconds to make a screenshoot. You may need to try few time and you will catch on soon. :)

Best regards

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back