Fiio X5 3rd gen || 2x AKM 4490 || Balanced Out || DSD || DXD | DTS | Android || Dual Card Slot
Mar 20, 2017 at 10:00 AM Post #5,401 of 15,897

Hello everyone!
I ordered a titanium x5 3rd gen but, reading your posts, i'm convinced to stop buying it....: too many bugs and limits of wifi are very important for me. I owned a fiio x3 II gen that have so many problems playing 24/192 flac files: it crashed from time to time and sometimes it obliged me to reset everything since stopped working,

The question is: at same price and performace which player should buy?

Thank you so much..

Ha, you losing out. Just cause some have one or two issues doesnt mean its bad. Every dap has issues. Many with no issues are not posting.

I agree with @jmills8 

Mar 20, 2017 at 10:04 AM Post #5,402 of 15,897

Mar 20, 2017 at 10:09 AM Post #5,403 of 15,897

Thank you for advice. Quite possible - will try in the evening erase graphics. Anyway, all that files was playing on Onkyo DPX1 without any problems.

​ Most of my files about 300gigs are 24/192 or 24/96
I have zero issue with the stock FiiO player. If you download files from piratebay or any other site you are going to get lots of extra files left by the seeder/creator.
Gotta open the file and make sure the extra files are not in there. If it is simple ripped lossless files with an album art (.jpg) you should not be having any problems.
I get no stutter, freezes, skips or anything.

Each album folder needs one single image named cover and it is shared by all the files in the folder.

Mar 20, 2017 at 10:15 AM Post #5,405 of 15,897
OK its in Fiio shop. Scary looking. Have no idea how to scan my music.

Haha, yeah, it's scary looking at first. But I use it since years on my dinosaur iRiver (now also with Cayin i5) and I'm quite accustomed to it (no need for music scanning as I prefer to navigate through folders anyway).

Mar 20, 2017 at 10:19 AM Post #5,406 of 15,897

Haha, yeah, it's scary looking at first. But I use it since years on my dinosaur iRiver (now also with Cayin i5) and I'm quite accustomed to it (no need for music scanning as I prefer to navigate through folders anyway).

guys what r u talking bout

Mar 20, 2017 at 10:24 AM Post #5,408 of 15,897

Rockbox app - see in Fiio Store or here:
https://www.rockbox.org/wiki/AndroidPort
- 24 db parametric EQ + additional 24 db bass boost :wink:

did u try it, is it just download the app and install

Mar 20, 2017 at 10:24 AM Post #5,409 of 15,897
Mar 20, 2017 at 10:38 AM Post #5,410 of 15,897
  did u try it, is it just download the app and install

Yes, download + install - using it on Cayin i5 (waiting for my Fiio X5iii)
When downloading from the page, don't forget to choose the correct dimension size.

Thxs for the info. So, how do I start using Rockbox ?

You can check one of the manuals, as they're quite similar for all:
https://www.rockbox.org/manual.shtml

EDIT. And don't forget - precut is your friend!

Mar 20, 2017 at 10:39 AM Post #5,411 of 15,897
  Hi Rincewinder17,

We did test the X5 3rd gen with the Car , the information about the song/album/ cover can be showed into the screen well. Did the system of your car is Android ?

Hi,
i don't know, it's from "volkswagen", the only thing in the manual: iPod ready, so if I connect an iPod over usb, the digital sound is playing with the car sound system,  I can control the iPod with the car buttons in the wheel and all information about the song is showing in the display of the car. With the fiio x3 2nd I have the same features, no problem. With the fiio x5 3rd gen I received the message "no files found", so the sd1 and sd2 slot was not recognised.
And with bluetooth connection: fiio x5 3rd only launched app is fiio music, the display of the car shows "Fiio X5", and when I start spotify and play a song the display shows all information correctly. If I change back to fiio music, the display shows the last song played in spotify...the sound is from the fiio music. And if I use the x5 touchscreen, e.g. swipe to unlock, I heard a little break in the sound in the first. By the way, my car sound system only use compressed bluetooth, so I love to have the usb connection instead.

BR

Mar 20, 2017 at 10:44 AM Post #5,412 of 15,897
So I've had the X5 3rd gen for over a week now and I love this little bugger. I'm a folder browser so I haven't experienced any of the library sync issues that others are experiencing. I hot swap mSD cards regularly and haven't experience any issues. I have Google Play music and Bandcamp set up and working well. Soundcloud and Tunein as well. No more using phone battery streaming music 

Mar 20, 2017 at 10:53 AM Post #5,413 of 15,897
When downloading from the page, don't forget to choose the correct dimension size.

Thxs, going to do some reading.

Mar 20, 2017 at 12:05 PM Post #5,415 of 15,897

unfortunately its in chinese the one on fiio store, do u have an english version that u can share

Users who are viewing this thread

Back