Fiio X5 3rd gen || 2x AKM 4490 || Balanced Out || DSD || DXD | DTS | Android || Dual Card Slot
Mar 20, 2017 at 8:34 AM Post #5,386 of 15,899

love bass here is my eq on onkyo hf player

why onkyo hf player has no folder is pity as it sounds so dam good on fiio x5iii

Mar 20, 2017 at 8:35 AM Post #5,387 of 15,899
Mar 20, 2017 at 8:39 AM Post #5,388 of 15,899
So I'm still having the distortion every once in a while and I think I've narrowed it down to the DK1. Since the line out is the USB connector and not the 3.5mm jack something different is going on. I just reboot the device when it happens. I had it happen almost right away switching from Coax Digital to Line Out on my home system then putting it on the dock. I used coax digital to my modi 2 uber then flipped from coax out to line out and placed it on the dock. That's when I need to reboot to fix the distortion. I'm still narrowing the source of the issue down because it doesn't happen often and only when messing with the EQs, line out mode and dock.

I'm still loving this device and it's running much smoother after the last update it seems.

Mar 20, 2017 at 9:15 AM Post #5,389 of 15,899
@Sound Eq, @jmills8
Guys, if you like bass I strongly suggest to try the Rockbox app. It's not that fancy looking (although fantastic functionality) as Neutron or others, but 24 db on parametric EQ + 24 db additional bass boost - nuff said :wink:

Mar 20, 2017 at 9:17 AM Post #5,390 of 15,899
Guys, if you like bass I strongly suggest to try the Rockbox app. It's not that fancy looking (although fantastic functionality) as Neutron or others, but 24 db on parametric EQ + 24 db additional bass boost - nuff said :wink:
where you get that? Play store ?

Mar 20, 2017 at 9:27 AM Post #5,391 of 15,899
  # What music are you going to listen for today? # It's a beautiful sunny day here in Guangzhou city. With the coming weekend and New Year's Day,

it makes me feel so delighted and have strong feeling to grab some music to listen.

Devices: FiiO X5 3rd gen in special red color + FiiO balanced headphone cable + Westone ES5 customized earphones

Music: Alan Tam(Principal Tam)'s 《酒红色的心》

We wish you all a very happy holiday and all the best in the New Year!

So... Red... Still on target? :p haha

Mar 20, 2017 at 9:31 AM Post #5,392 of 15,899
Mar 20, 2017 at 9:36 AM Post #5,394 of 15,899
Mar 20, 2017 at 9:39 AM Post #5,395 of 15,899
Hello everyone!
I ordered a titanium x5 3rd gen but, reading your posts, i'm convinced to stop buying it....: too many bugs and limits of wifi are very important for me. I owned a fiio x3 II gen that have so many problems playing 24/192 flac files: it crashed from time to time and sometimes it obliged me to reset everything since stopped working,

The question is: at same price and performace which player should buy?
Thank you so much..

Mar 20, 2017 at 9:46 AM Post #5,397 of 15,899
Hello everyone!
I ordered a titanium x5 3rd gen but, reading your posts, i'm convinced to stop buying it....: too many bugs and limits of wifi are very important for me. I owned a fiio x3 II gen that have so many problems playing 24/192 flac files: it crashed from time to time and sometimes it obliged me to reset everything since stopped working,

The question is: at same price and performace which player should buy?

Thank you so much..
Ha, you losing out. Just cause some have one or two issues doesnt mean its bad. Every dap has issues. Many with no issues are not posting.

Mar 20, 2017 at 9:56 AM Post #5,399 of 15,899
Ok but what about the problem of plaing files with high resolution from sd card? Is it a problem still present?Thank you
Well this player has so many options and so thete are many ways to mess things up or just get lost. Each FW update is placed to perfect this dap. In my experience using the Fiio player I had no problems. Using the Android version the Hiby and Onkyo is running perfectly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back