Fiio X5 3rd gen || 2x AKM 4490 || Balanced Out || DSD || DXD | DTS | Android || Dual Card Slot
Mar 19, 2017 at 1:58 PM Post #5,326 of 15,899
Hi,
use everyone here the fiio x5 3rd gen in the car with the bluetooth connection? I do, and I see only "FIIO X5" in the display of the car radio when I use the fiio music app. But if I started Spotify app before, then the display shows the title from Spotify not the currently played in fiio music. When the next title started, the display stays with this old information. So, with fiio music with bluetooth only static information that I am using a fiio, but with spotify the whole title and album is displayed. The next/prev/play/pause function is working.
I would like to have this title/album information in the fiio music app!

Second, before the x5 I use a x3 2nd with the usb connection. Very nice, all information about the song/album/cover in the car display. No way with the x5 3rd gen. No files found. When the x5 is connected to the usb connector in the car, there will be same android message on the x5 to activate usb mode as with a normal pc usb. I have tried all possible settings without success. Have everyone a clue? Oh, I have a vw golf VII with Composition Media (2 usb connections, iPod and X3 no problem, they will play and display all information include cover). I have read about a vehicle mode with a special cable? 

Sorry for my english, it's not my natural language...

Mar 19, 2017 at 2:48 PM Post #5,328 of 15,899
Guys have problems with uapp the sound like volume over
Someone can explain what configuration do you use

uapp does not work for me on x5iii

I do not know how they got it working

all i hear music with tons of static

Mar 19, 2017 at 2:56 PM Post #5,329 of 15,899
uapp does not work for me on x5iii

I do not know how they got it working or claim its working on fiio x5iii

all i hear music with tons of static

Working for me

New UAPP version (3.4.4) downloaded from
Playstore, shows changelog box at first run than says...

"The force 16-setting now also applies to Android audio playback to solve some noises issues with the Tab S and some Android devices that not implement floating point playback like the FiiO X5/X7"

Settings:
Play throuhg Android: ON (needed)
Use USB DAC: OFF
Android Sample rate: Variable rate (optional)

THE MOST IMPORTANT:
Force 16-bit: ON (needed)

Mar 19, 2017 at 3:18 PM Post #5,330 of 15,899
Working for me

New UAPP version (3.4.4) downloaded from
Playstore, shows changelog box at first run than says...

"The force 16-setting now also applies to Android audio playback to solve some noises issues with the Tab S and some Android devices that not implement floating point playback like the FiiO X5/X7"

Settings:
Play throuhg Android: ON (needed)
Use USB DAC: OFF
Android Sample rate: Variable rate (optional)

THE MOST IMPORTANT:
Force 16-bit: ON (needed)

thanks alot now its working great, time to test and compare to other players

Mar 19, 2017 at 3:49 PM Post #5,332 of 15,899
I know that this isn't a particularly useful answer for most people, but I spent some time last week re-sampling all of my audio files at 24bit or >48KHz down to 16/44.1. A friend and I did a blind A/B test on the two versions of a few files and actually picked the 16/44.1 as being the better sounding (probably because of the dither added during re-sampling). Now playing the same album uses about half of the battery consumption on the X5iii.

edit: We have kept both files but only copied the 16/44 files to the X5.

Mar 19, 2017 at 4:07 PM Post #5,333 of 15,899
Apologies for having my listening impressions late, but I've been listening with the X5 III for the past three weeks since I got it. This is a mix of the FiiO music player and Google Play Music for streaming, no Viper Audio effects enabled.

I think the most succinct impression I get from listening to the X5 is that it sounds very balanced, only slightly to the side of warmth. It's not too overly clinical, nor is it too dark - it hits a sweet spot for my tastes which makes my listening sessions very enjoyable. I will make some comparisons with the Oppo HA-2 as well, which many people also look back and forth in their reviews.

Starting off with the bass, the low-end has depth and definition, with a hint of boost that's suited for mainstream music. That's not to say however that it's overly bassy; never does it bleed to the mids which is kind of surprising to be honest. It doesn't have the speed and impact that the Oppo HA-2 offers, but it's still foot-tapping levels of enjoyment.

Midrange is where I felt the X5 shines the most. The hint of warmth from this implementation of the dual AK4490 DACs makes vocals very engaging and organic, while instruments sound just a tad thicker which helps the genres of music I listen a lot to. Details aren't class-leading, but on the flipside music doesn't sound too clinical and thus make for a more relaxing listening experience.

The upper registers aren't as airy nor as defined as I had hoped; on that front the HA-2 delivers a clearer sound for treble sharpness, speed, and fidelity. However, the X5 isn't that far behind - while not ultra clear in treble rendition, it still is highly detailed and in certain scenarios, I prefer its presentation over the HA-2 as it sounds more natural to my ears. It's quite an interesting area where neither device really wins, as it's more dependent on the music that's being used to compare them with.

Soundstage is noticeably smaller than in the HA-2, and I felt it has more depth than width. Therefore, while the HA-2 is like a small concert hall, the X5 is more of a large studio room in terms of spatial dimensions. However, the X5 still renders positioning of vocals and instruments particularly well; you can pick up the general location of some instrument and its relation to the others in the whole ensemble. 

I'll take more closer listens and comparisons soon, but that's the gist of what I felt with the X5 III at the moment. I really enjoy this player, and I can see it becoming my de facto source in the future, replacing the HA-2 as it sounds highly competitive while having the advantage of being an Android audio player/streamer as well. No need to drain my phone battery to get good sound. :p

Mar 19, 2017 at 5:05 PM Post #5,336 of 15,899
  thanks it's work but dosen't support native dsd as stock player do uapp dowsampled dsd to 176000-disappointed uninstaled

no 3rd party app what so ever will not down sample 

your only bet for now is fiio stock music player

we had a huge mess with our lg v20 and we all got disappointed as everything gets down sampled except the stock lg app

so for now there is no other choice just to accept and enjoy 3rd party apps regardless of down sampling 

Mar 19, 2017 at 5:05 PM Post #5,337 of 15,899
  I know that this isn't a particularly useful answer for most people, but I spent some time last week re-sampling all of my audio files at 24bit or >48KHz down to 16/44.1. A friend and I did a blind A/B test on the two versions of a few files and actually picked the 16/44.1 as being the better sounding (probably because of the dither added during re-sampling). Now playing the same album uses about half of the battery consumption on the X5iii.

edit: We have kept both files but only copied the 16/44 files to the X5.

​Very interesting (maybe controversial?) experience. Makes me wonder just what are the real-life benefits of buying anything other than CD & ripping to FLAC. Read elsewhere that 24bit is seeking down to noise levels of atomic vibrations (or something like that).

Mar 19, 2017 at 5:57 PM Post #5,338 of 15,899
  Hi,
use everyone here the fiio x5 3rd gen in the car with the bluetooth connection? I do, and I see only "FIIO X5" in the display of the car radio when I use the fiio music app. But if I started Spotify app before, then the display shows the title from Spotify not the currently played in fiio music. When the next title started, the display stays with this old information. So, with fiio music with bluetooth only static information that I am using a fiio, but with spotify the whole title and album is displayed. The next/prev/play/pause function is working.
I would like to have this title/album information in the fiio music app!

Second, before the x5 I use a x3 2nd with the usb connection. Very nice, all information about the song/album/cover in the car display. No way with the x5 3rd gen. No files found. When the x5 is connected to the usb connector in the car, there will be same android message on the x5 to activate usb mode as with a normal pc usb. I have tried all possible settings without success. Have everyone a clue? Oh, I have a vw golf VII with Composition Media (2 usb connections, iPod and X3 no problem, they will play and display all information include cover). I have read about a vehicle mode with a special cable? 

Sorry for my english, it's not my natural language...

​As far as I know, Vehicle mode turns the Fiio on and off,nothing more. Hopefully someone will correct me if I am wrong. Don't know when that will be implemented, but I'm not happy that it didn't come that way. Also not happy to be a BETA tester without signing on as such. When I bought the X3ii it was a finished product, not so sure I made the right change at this point. Way too many issues when all I wanted was to just enjoy the music.

Your lucky the Golf VII worked with the X3, my MINI Cooper does no such thing with anything but Apple phone or music player. Ugh.

Mar 19, 2017 at 6:45 PM Post #5,339 of 15,899
  no you are wrong i asked the dev about that and he said that is not the case and its down sampled to android sample rate even if you use variable rate 

the text written is only applicable and valid with usb dacs 

He said that specifically when using with the x5?

Why would it downsample when the hardware is capable and is bypassing the android SRC?

Can this be confirmed?

Mar 19, 2017 at 7:06 PM Post #5,340 of 15,899
  no 3rd party app what so ever will not down sample 

your only bet for now is fiio stock music player

we had a huge mess with our lg v20 and we all got disappointed as everything gets down sampled except the stock lg app

so for now there is no other choice just to accept and enjoy 3rd party apps regardless of down sampling 

ok thank you

Users who are viewing this thread

Back