Fiio X5 3rd gen || 2x AKM 4490 || Balanced Out || DSD || DXD | DTS | Android || Dual Card Slot
Mar 4, 2017 at 11:58 AM Post #3,886 of 15,897
When will the Red color be available?

Mar 4, 2017 at 12:01 PM Post #3,888 of 15,897

Obviously not, just like Tidal wouldn't. I'm not sure if FiiO could incorporate it in their own Music app without licensing fees, etc.. Maybe if there's enough demand they could set it up like a Viper situation. I dunno.

On tidal the Scrobbling works. See Page 2: http://www.headfonia.com/review-fiio-x5iii-3rd-generation-the-one-that-could/2/

Mar 4, 2017 at 12:28 PM Post #3,889 of 15,897
Sadly my fiio x5iii having an issue. I've never use the fiio for almost 10 days and today I want to use it. And now the unit are having bootloop. It continue to restart and again and again. Even charging the battery will have the charging screen for a few second and it shut down.
Please any help

Mar 4, 2017 at 12:41 PM Post #3,890 of 15,897
This is my first foray with Fiio and I'm seeing a pattern.  Apparently there are many "features" that only work in "Pure Music" mode, i.e. their proprietary interface.

However...

In all the advertising, posted specs, etc. I fail to see any asterisks that indicate this.

I do see Fiio replying here that they "may" add these in the future via firmware updates, etc. but as it stands for those of us using it in Android mode it offers very little feature set wise over other options, notably some of the higher end smartphones like the ZTE Axon 7.

Mar 4, 2017 at 12:52 PM Post #3,892 of 15,897
Sadly my fiio x5iii having an issue. I've never use the fiio for almost 10 days and today I want to use it. And now the unit are having bootloop. It continue to restart and again and again. Even charging the battery will have the charging screen for a few second and it shut down.
Please any help

Did you tried restarting it? (keep pressing power button for about 15s)

Mar 4, 2017 at 1:05 PM Post #3,893 of 15,897
Please any help

As suggested, try pressing the power button for hard reset first.

If hard reset doesn't work, the next best thing is to send it back for service, but in case you don't want to do that and don't mind that this might void your warranty: First, you will need one of those small tool kit for opening up an iPhone (more specifically, you will need the special iPhone screw driver, the small Phillips screw driver and the suction cup that comes with the kit). Now, remove the two screws near the USB port, then use the suction cup on the back to gently remove the back cover (which has battery attached to it), Find the battery connector to the PCB, remove the screws and disconnect the battery. Be extra gentle here so you won't damage the connector. Wait for a minute or two, press the power button a few times, then reconnect the battery connector back to the PCB, place the back cover and the screws back. Now connect the USB to the USB port and see if it starts charging. If it does, wait for 5 minutes and then try to start the X5III up (assuming if it didn't already start itself). Let the battery charges up fully before use.

Note, the above procedure will wipe your device clean and basically it is the hardware version of a true 'hard reset'. If this still doesn't help you, then you really need to send it back.

p/s: If the above works for you, then it might be an indication that you may have accidentally over-drain the battery last time around and cause the battery protection circuit to stop the X5III from starting up and charge properly. The best way to avoid this is of course havng the battery charge up all the time and make sure the battery is semi-full (70%~90%) if you are not going to use it for awhile. Also, set the idle power off feature in Android so it will shut itself down after a couple of minutes of idle instead of draining the battery empty.

Mar 4, 2017 at 2:40 PM Post #3,894 of 15,897
(....)
If hard reset doesn't work, the next best thing is to send it back for service, but in case you don't want to do that and don't mind that this might void your warranty: First, you will need one of those small tool kit for opening up an iPhone (more specifically, you will need the special iPhone screw driver, the small Phillips screw driver and the suction cup that comes with the kit). Now, remove the two screws near the USB port, then use the suction cup on the back to gently remove the back cover (which has battery attached to it), Find the battery connector to the PCB, remove the screws and disconnect the battery. Be extra gentle here so you won't damage the connector. Wait for a minute or two, press the power button a few times, then reconnect the battery connector back to the PCB, place the back cover and the screws back. Now connect the USB to the USB port and see if it starts charging. If it does, wait for 5 minutes and then try to start the X5III up (assuming if it didn't already start itself). Let the battery charges up fully before use.
(....)

This was easier when batteries were removable by users !!!!
mad.gif
I miss these old days.
frown.gif

Mar 4, 2017 at 2:56 PM Post #3,896 of 15,897

This was easier when batteries were removable by users !!!!
mad.gif
I miss these old days.
frown.gif

Until someone invents a new kind of practical and extremely high density rechargeable battery technology, removable battery isn't going to make a comeback anytime soon. Better get use to the new reality.

Mar 4, 2017 at 2:59 PM Post #3,897 of 15,897

Until someone invents a new kind of practical and extremely high density rechargeable battery technology, removable battery isn't going to make a comeback anytime soon. Better get use to the new reality.

I actually like ticker devices - so I would prefer a thick device that has removable batteries, but that's just me. The market keeps asking for thin deices. And I don't really get that since my phone is already 6.44", making it thinner really doesn't make a difference. I think that if there's a question between adding a few mm to thickness but for a bigger battery, they should totally go for the bigger battery 
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back