Fiio X5 3rd gen || 2x AKM 4490 || Balanced Out || DSD || DXD | DTS | Android || Dual Card Slot
Mar 4, 2017 at 4:02 PM Post #3,901 of 15,899
Been listening to the X5iii for a fair bit these last few days, and I must say, they are quite impressive. FiiO's done quite well with the 2nd iteration of the X5, with some quality sound combined with a relatively easy-to-use UI.

Nevertheless, does anyone experience this issue? When a song is almost done playing, with about 1 or 2 seconds left, and you scrub (rewind) to play the song again from any point in time, the music output just stops? The track is still playing, but nothing is heard. You'll have to play another song before the music starts again.

Thanks in advance.

Mar 4, 2017 at 4:09 PM Post #3,902 of 15,899
  Been listening to the X5iii for a fair bit these last few days, and I must say, they are quite impressive. FiiO's done quite well with the 2nd iteration of the X5, with some quality sound combined with a relatively easy-to-use UI.

Nevertheless, does anyone experience this issue? When a song is almost done playing, with about 1 or 2 seconds left, and you scrub (rewind) to play the song again from any point in time, the music output just stops? The track is still playing, but nothing is heard. You'll have to play another song before the music starts again.

Thanks in advance.

Do you mean the X5 3 or the X5 2 you are having problems with?  this is the X5 3 thread.

Mar 4, 2017 at 4:12 PM Post #3,903 of 15,899

Thanks in advance.

Yes i get this most frustrating you start playing the song and you see its playing but it clips in two seconds or more later.
you miss the beginging of the song so you hit rewind track to the track before and then have to hit forward but still no guarantee it will play correctly.

Also on a side note i do wish the track album playing screen was less cluttered with buttons.

Mar 4, 2017 at 4:20 PM Post #3,904 of 15,899
I would like to ask those users of the new X5iii an interface question. I have used many modified android system before and most let you drag and drop files to the internal memory using a mac. The only exception is the A&K AK100ii I had that made you use the android tool to add and remove files from the internal memory. Can someone confirm that the internal memory allows drag and drop without having to the use that archaic tool? Would be much appreciated.

Mar 4, 2017 at 4:41 PM Post #3,905 of 15,899
I got my X5II yesterday , I just got to play with it a bit. Still getting used to the interface. I was just listening with my OPPO PM-3, I like it, but have not gotten to any level of serious analysis, but I do like what I am hearing so far!

I do have a question though. With  the X5II I could randomly shuffle all songs which is a mode I use quite a bit. I can't figure out how to do that with the III. It shuffles, but seemingly only within an album.

I would like a random shuffle across all songs on both of the memory cards. Can anyone tell if this is possible and if it is, how I do it?

Thanks...

Mar 4, 2017 at 5:01 PM Post #3,906 of 15,899
I said this before, and I reiterate the sentiment again. The Encore is the best pairing I've come across for the X5. This DAP benefits from a monitor with enough attack to bring some life to this player.

Mar 4, 2017 at 5:35 PM Post #3,907 of 15,899
Do you mean the X5 3 or the X5 2 you are having problems with?  this is the X5 3 thread.

Yep, it's the X5 3rd generation that I'm talking about. Sorry for any confusion!

Yes i get this most frustrating you start playing the song and you see its playing but it clips in two seconds or more later.
you miss the beginging of the song so you hit rewind track to the track before and then have to hit forward but still no guarantee it will play correctly.

Also on a side note i do wish the track album playing screen was less cluttered with buttons.

Yeah, funnily enough, the X5iii does that. I hope it's fixed in a firmware update.

I would like to ask those users of the new X5iii an interface question. I have used many modified android system before and most let you drag and drop files to the internal memory using a mac. The only exception is the A&K AK100ii I had that made you use the android tool to add and remove files from the internal memory. Can someone confirm that the internal memory allows drag and drop without having to the use that archaic tool? Would be much appreciated.

Yes, the X5iii supports drag and drop via Finder on a Mac. You don't need to run Android File Transfer to do any file transfers to its native storage.

Mar 4, 2017 at 5:40 PM Post #3,908 of 15,899
The i5 was able to drive the HD650 with authority but that is not an easy feat for a DAP.  It wouldn't surprise me if it sounded a bit thin. That said I would love to hear the X5lll drive my Solar or U12.

Just got my 5xIII today, it drives my U12 perfectly, I think even better than my mojo. It might just be better synergy, not saying that the fiio sounds better than the mojo!

Mar 4, 2017 at 6:02 PM Post #3,909 of 15,899
When I put the player on the screen mode that shows the album art of a single album, I get no sound. Any help would be appreciated

Mar 4, 2017 at 6:08 PM Post #3,910 of 15,899
It looks to me like the X5 3 glitches and problems are starting to pop up.  As with anything it happens.  Glad I have not purchased one yet , though.  It might take a few updates and warranty repairs to get the X5 3 straightened out glitch and problem wise.  I am sure Fiio will fix it.  I am not bashing Fiio or their products.  I am just saying that this is normal and I am sure the problems will be fixed with updates to firmware and hardware over time.

Cheers

Riley

Mar 4, 2017 at 6:14 PM Post #3,911 of 15,899
Just got my 5xIII today, it drives my U12 perfectly, I think even better than my mojo. It might just be better synergy, not saying that the fiio sounds better than the mojo!

The X5-3 is like the Cayin i5, in that I find it too warm to make my U12 sound its best. The U12 is smooth and warm to a fault, and a player that follows that character can create a sound that lacks air, space, and dynamics... which the U12 is capable of, it just needs a little help. :D

A silver Litz cable can help. But also a simple EQ of the 4K-8K region.

The X5's EQ is quite powerful, even without Viper. Notch the last two sliders up a little, and watch what happens to the U12. :wink:

Mar 4, 2017 at 6:55 PM Post #3,912 of 15,899
The X5-3 is like the Cayin i5, in that I find it too warm to make my U12 sound its best. The U12 is smooth and warm to a fault, and a player that follows that character can create a sound that lacks air, space, and dynamics... which the U12 is capable of, it just needs a little help. :D

A silver Litz cable can help. But also a simple EQ of the 4K-8K region.

The X5's EQ is quite powerful, even without Viper. Notch the last two sliders up a little, and watch what happens to the U12. :wink:

I have a silver cable from toxic as well as the B1 module, the 2 change the sound of my U12 to more transparent sound compare to the stock version. U r correct they are both smooth but I like what I am hearing so far. Only time will tell!

Mar 4, 2017 at 8:41 PM Post #3,913 of 15,899
  I got my X5II yesterday , I just got to play with it a bit. Still getting used to the interface. I was just listening with my OPPO PM-3, I like it, but have not gotten to any level of serious analysis, but I do like what I am hearing so far!

I do have a question though. With  the X5II I could randomly shuffle all songs which is a mode I use quite a bit. I can't figure out how to do that with the III. It shuffles, but seemingly only within an album.

I would like a random shuffle across all songs on both of the memory cards. Can anyone tell if this is possible and if it is, how I do it?

Thanks...

It is also my preferred way to listen, play all randomly. I had no trouble getting my new X5iii do this. I found my way to where it listed all songs in alphabetical order. I selected a song and hit play. Then I found the play mode toggle and set it to random. It works fine although right now I just have one 200gb memory card in. Later this week I'll add the second. I wish I could tell you step by step what to do but I can't. It was easy enough. On a cellphone running USB Audio Player Pro it took me a lot longer to figure out. It was pretty easy on the X3 and X5 first gen versions.

Mar 4, 2017 at 8:46 PM Post #3,914 of 15,899
FiiO I miss your music app on my android phone! You should think of putting it on the play store? Sorry for off topic.

Mar 4, 2017 at 8:54 PM Post #3,915 of 15,899
I just hooked up my Mojo to the X5iii via a Dyson cable and at first I thought, oh crap, the Mojo blows away the sound of the X5iii alone. (I think the Mojo volume was up a bit more than the X5iii) When I switched back to the X5iii via the headphone out it didn't seem like a step backwards at all. I will try this some more but right now I am enjoying the X5iii with the Mojo off and set aside.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back