Fiio X5 3rd gen || 2x AKM 4490 || Balanced Out || DSD || DXD | DTS | Android || Dual Card Slot
Jan 22, 2017 at 8:38 AM Post #1,427 of 15,899
Just got my x5iii yesterday.
Still a lot of bugs. Some songs and folders on both sd1 and sd2 can't be played.
Other songs "format not supported" even though it is only mp3 and mp4 with 320kbps.
Initial impression using both jh5 and ie80 with fiio balanced cables, the soundstage is improving a lot.
Hopefully fiio can solve all problem in next firmware.

Jan 22, 2017 at 10:49 AM Post #1,428 of 15,899
Just got my x5iii yesterday.
Still a lot of bugs. Some songs and folders on both sd1 and sd2 can't be played.
Other songs "format not supported" even though it is only mp3 and mp4 with 320kbps.
Initial impression using both jh5 and ie80 with fiio balanced cables, the soundstage is improving a lot.
Hopefully fiio can solve all problem in next firmware.

have you tried a different music app to play your tunes?

Jan 22, 2017 at 11:34 AM Post #1,430 of 15,899

I mean Xiii, sorry

compared to the DX80 the X5iii is definitely a bit smoother. But will see if/how things improve between now and when it get's it's official international release. Personally, I feel that the X5iii is a better overall DAP than the X7...which is a real pity, as the X7 had/has so much potential 

Jan 22, 2017 at 11:37 AM Post #1,431 of 15,899
  compared to the DX80 the X5iii is definitely a bit smoother. But will see if/how things improve between now and when it get's it's official international release. Personally, I feel that the X5iii is a better overall DAP than the X7...which is a real pity, as the X7 had/has so much potential 

So wait for the X7II.

Jan 22, 2017 at 11:44 AM Post #1,432 of 15,899

So wait for the X7II.

X7-2 Pro  
biggrin.gif

I think it was mentioned a few times before that this is going to be the new flagship 
gs1000.gif

Jan 22, 2017 at 11:54 AM Post #1,433 of 15,899
Hi all,

new to the board but been reading for a while. I already own a X3 II but this new device sounds very interesting. I like to have the option of High-Res Player and Spotify in one device. I miss that on my X3. I also like that this seems to have a warmer sound signature. I'm guessing I like that better than the more analytical Pioneer XDP 100 sound (which I did not isten so far -> hearsay).

So here are my first questins to the board :)

1) Is integration of Spotify working well? Does it use the Main CPU DAC or the better Sound DAC? For the pioneer there still seems to be no clarity on this topic.

2) I'll be over in Hong Kong soon, Where can I get one of these new X5 III? And what are the street prices? I was seraching some HK online shops (e.g. Mingo) but prices do not seem to be any better than in Germany. Pioneer XDP 100 is even about 200 € less here on Amazon.

Thanks for helping! Loving this board!

BR

Jan 22, 2017 at 12:32 PM Post #1,437 of 15,899
Hi all,

new to the board but been reading for a while. I already own a X3 II but this new device sounds very interesting. I like to have the option of High-Res Player and Spotify in one device. I miss that on my X3. I also like that this seems to have a warmer sound signature. I'm guessing I like that better than the more analytical Pioneer XDP 100 sound (which I did not isten so far -> hearsay).

So here are my first questins to the board :)

1) Is integration of Spotify working well? Does it use the Main CPU DAC or the better Sound DAC? For the pioneer there still seems to be no clarity on this topic.

2) I'll be over in Hong Kong soon, Where can I get one of these new X5 III? And what are the street prices? I was seraching some HK online shops (e.g. Mingo) but prices do not seem to be any better than in Germany. Pioneer XDP 100 is even about 200 € less here on Amazon.

Thanks for helping! Loving this board!

BR

discounts are never officially listed in hk, even in person, you have to ask them and wait for them to break out their calculators lol. and often the discounts only apply on cash transactions or at least cash transactions will result in deeper discounts. it's around hkd $2900 atm, cash.

Jan 22, 2017 at 12:51 PM Post #1,439 of 15,899

​Has anyone got the new DX200 and x5(iii). All things being equal, I want dual slots but if the X5 (iii) does not get great reviews I'll have to compromise & buy something else. However, the DX200 is a LOT more expensive but its enthusiasts on the other thread seem to think its great value & even better than the X7?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back