Fiio X5 3rd gen || 2x AKM 4490 || Balanced Out || DSD || DXD | DTS | Android || Dual Card Slot
Oct 6, 2018 at 11:57 AM Post #13,922 of 15,897
Has anyone else tried to "listen" to the Balanced out of the X5iii while attempting to Charge? I get a loud buzzing, so I have to unplug the power. It doesn't happen when using the SE out or the Line-out.

Bumping a pretty old post.

My X5iii has started to buzz/hum on one side in both balanced and SE outputs while plugged in or while just battery operated. Anyone experience this or have any way to try and fix it?

Oct 7, 2018 at 9:31 AM Post #13,923 of 15,897
Does anyone have any experience using a single 512gb card in the X5-iii? I can't use two 256s due to the way my externally created playlists were created and I'm not about to redo 80+ playlists.

Thanks.

Oct 7, 2018 at 9:11 PM Post #13,925 of 15,897
Does anyone have any experience using a single 512gb card in the X5-iii? I can't use two 256s due to the way my externally created playlists were created and I'm not about to redo 80+ playlists.

Thanks.
that card is pretty new (and expensive) so not sure if anyone here has tried it yet, but i can tell you that my X5 handles two 400GB cards very well.

Oct 14, 2018 at 5:55 AM Post #13,929 of 15,897
Hi.
I have my fiio for more than one year now and starts to encounter to problems:
I copy files on the device but sometimes there are not visible, as if the copy was not actually performed
Sometimes I copy an album on the x5, it is visible and I start to play it but after 90 seconds there is no sound anymore and when I browse the folder I don’t see the tracks anymore.... I have to reboot the x5 to see the files again but the same issue happen again

Seems I cannot enjoy this device after one year which is not acceptable..... has anyone an idea what is happening here and how to fix it ? Shall I re format my sd card ?

Oct 14, 2018 at 2:34 PM Post #13,930 of 15,897
Hi.
I have my fiio for more than one year now and starts to encounter to problems:
I copy files on the device but sometimes there are not visible, as if the copy was not actually performed
Sometimes I copy an album on the x5, it is visible and I start to play it but after 90 seconds there is no sound anymore and when I browse the folder I don’t see the tracks anymore.... I have to reboot the x5 to see the files again but the same issue happen again

Seems I cannot enjoy this device after one year which is not acceptable..... has anyone an idea what is happening here and how to fix it ? Shall I re format my sd card ?

are you copying the file to SD card?
if yes, does this happen when you copy the file to the internal memory?

Oct 30, 2018 at 2:49 AM Post #13,935 of 15,897
How is the dac section in this DAP compared to the best DAP's out there ? i know the amp is quite week but is not concern for me i have a quite powerful amp. As well for those that know how does the a5 compare to the objective 2 which one sounds better ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back