Fiio X5 3rd gen || 2x AKM 4490 || Balanced Out || DSD || DXD | DTS | Android || Dual Card Slot
Nov 24, 2017 at 4:12 PM Post #12,091 of 15,899
Just got a K5 amp to go with my X5.3; $75 well spent. But after a song or two when docked into the amp the sound begins to distort. I've seen other complaints of the same nature on other threads but no solutions to the problem. Does anyone here know how to fix this issue or am I stuck just using the line-out? Thanks in advance.

Nov 24, 2017 at 6:22 PM Post #12,092 of 15,899
Just got a K5 amp to go with my X5.3; $75 well spent. But after a song or two when docked into the amp the sound begins to distort. I've seen other complaints of the same nature on other threads but no solutions to the problem. Does anyone here know how to fix this issue or am I stuck just using the line-out? Thanks in advance.

Weird - first time I've heard of this issue. Even a quick Google search doesn't show it as a prevalent issue. How are you using the combo? X5iii as DAC, or X5iii as source? What gain setting? What headphones?

I have both and simply docking the X5iii as source, and using K5 as amp (currently using my HD600s) there is no distortion - even after dozens of songs.

Nov 24, 2017 at 6:59 PM Post #12,093 of 15,899
Weird - first time I've heard of this issue. Even a quick Google search doesn't show it as a prevalent issue. How are you using the combo? X5iii as DAC, or X5iii as source? What gain setting? What headphones?

I have both and simply docking the X5iii as source, and using K5 as amp (currently using my HD600s) there is no distortion - even after dozens of songs.
I'm using the X5.3 as a source. Tidal streaming and downloaded as well as personal files on pure music mode. Im using Fostex X00, Mayflower V1, and Sony MDR-1A. It seems to be focused on the right channel, I've been tinkering and it seems to happening with less frequency but an annoyance nonetheless. I be just been turning the amp off for a few seconds and back on again and that fixed it temporarily...I'm just going to wipe and reset my X5 again and hope for the best I guess.

Nov 24, 2017 at 7:08 PM Post #12,094 of 15,899
Its not the X5iii per se - its the Tidal app in relation to the X5iii. It stutters. On a lot of the Android based players the same thing happens.

Nov 24, 2017 at 7:49 PM Post #12,095 of 15,899
I got a 400 gb micro SD. It definitely doesn't work well with the x5 iii, which is a massive disappointment. I installed it and loaded all of my songs fine and it can read them, but it keeps cutting out about 1/3 of the way through playing any song, regardless of if it's on the 400gb sd or the 250gb one. Not sure why this is, but the player never did that until I put the 400gb sd in, so I assume that is the cause. It could just be the Fiio music player (which is generally awful), so I might try using a different music app and see what happens.

But for now, don't waste the money.

What file format are you using?

Nov 24, 2017 at 10:47 PM Post #12,096 of 15,899
its the Tidal app in relation to the X5iii. It stutters.
As far as my experience goes and based on what I read here, many streaming apps start stuttering after several songs in X5-3. I used Google Music and Yandex Music.

Nov 25, 2017 at 1:37 AM Post #12,098 of 15,899
I'm not sure, I just put it in and loaded the files. I didn't think you had to format an SD. What format should it be and how do I format it?

I used NTFS for my 256GB card and it worked.

Nov 25, 2017 at 3:02 AM Post #12,099 of 15,899
I'm not sure, I just put it in and loaded the files. I didn't think you had to format an SD. What format should it be and how do I format it?
You don't even know what file format the music you put on the card is? Hmmm.

Nov 25, 2017 at 5:55 AM Post #12,101 of 15,899
exFAT has always worked for me.

Nov 25, 2017 at 1:20 PM Post #12,104 of 15,899
I have always formatted my cards, be they for camera, phone or music player in the device themselves using the menu items provided.
If this is done to the 400GB card, would that help?

I haven't seen a way to format them from the Android storage menu. Anyone know how? If you go to the storage menu in the Fiio, the only options that are there are "unmount" and "erase." There is not option for formatting. So the only way I could format them would be by using my computer to do it.

I googled it and everything I've read says that you don't have to format micro-SD cards in android. If the problem persists, though, I guess I'll try to format them in my computer and see what happens.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back