Fiio X5 3rd gen || 2x AKM 4490 || Balanced Out || DSD || DXD | DTS | Android || Dual Card Slot
Dec 17, 2016 at 2:18 AM Post #91 of 15,899
Well, I think they were talking about the "hidden" mSD slots that are akin to the barely visible SIM tray slots on metal phones. Certainly not revolutionary, but it is the first time I've seen that on a DAP.

Beyond that, what are you looking for?

I was hoping for more storage space using at least full size SD cards or something.  I guess, if the price is reasonable for me even if I had to save for a while it might be good.  I am sure the UI will be much easier and smoother and responsive on this than my 1st gen X5.  Probably just was venting my frustration.  Sorry  It is not turning me off of buying the device.  I should ahve calmed down before posting that.  Sorry again.

Dec 17, 2016 at 2:19 AM Post #92 of 15,899
Nice, it's got AK4490!

Still curious what Opamps it's using, though...

I'm curious what OpAmps are being used as well...  And I am very happy it's using the 4490 DAC chips.
biggrin.gif

There goes my wallet as well.
Cheers!
beerchug.gif

-HK sends

Dec 17, 2016 at 2:22 AM Post #94 of 15,899

I was hoping for more storage space using at least full size SD cards or something.  I guess, if the price is reasonable for me even if I had to save for a while it might be good.  I am sure the UI will be much easier and smoother and responsive on this than my 1st gen X5.  Probably just was venting my frustration.  Sorry  It is not turning me off of buying the device.  I should ahve calmed down before posting that.  Sorry again.

Just wait...I'm sure the 512GB microSD cards are on the horizon...especially with the new 3D NAND printing. 
wink_face.gif

It's going to be an interesting new year...
biggrin.gif

Cheers!
beerchug.gif

-HK sends

Dec 17, 2016 at 2:23 AM Post #95 of 15,899

I'm pretty sure dual full size SD slots would take up a lot of room inside. Not sure if would be a good compromise given how the size of mSD cards these days.

I'm curious what OpAmps are being used as well...  And I am very happy it's using the 4490 DAC chips.:D
There goes my wallet as well.
Cheers!:beerchug:
-HK sends

Yes, AK4490 is a good move!

Dec 17, 2016 at 2:24 AM Post #99 of 15,899
Android? Can it play Hiby or N7 music player apps?

Dec 17, 2016 at 2:25 AM Post #102 of 15,899
Well - Is it dual Micro SD ? Or Not ?

A Picture will clear the doubt.

Dual.

The thread starter should update the first post with all the info on page 5, which is where you can find the dual slot.

Dec 17, 2016 at 2:26 AM Post #104 of 15,899

Users who are viewing this thread

Back