Fiio X5 3rd gen || 2x AKM 4490 || Balanced Out || DSD || DXD | DTS | Android || Dual Card Slot
Jun 5, 2017 at 5:25 AM Post #9,496 of 15,897
Would be very interesting to see your observations. IMO X5's worst component is probably the amp stage. So it would definitely be a serious set up on balanced with the Fireye.

I think worst components there are software and RAM. RAM too small. Software at present can't utilize full potential of X5 3.

Jun 5, 2017 at 5:29 AM Post #9,497 of 15,897
When I tried this when I had the X5iii on the tour I could not get it to see both uSD cards, has this been fixed?

I just got mine personally owned X5iii today (red one, woot), I'm partial to Neutron myself, but I have a lot of credit on my Google account that I'm willing to blow.

I have had my X5iii since end of January. All FW versions allowed me to see both SD cards. Some others have mentioned this but i never experienced it myself

I agree, I have had no problems with my SD cards since buying my X5III when I started out with a Sandisk 128GB and a Samsung 64GB.

I then changed the Samsung 64GB for a Sandisk 200GB before changing cards again to 2 x Sandisk 128GB cards as the 200GB is now a permanent SD in my XPS.

Every card has performed flawlessly.

Jun 5, 2017 at 9:22 AM Post #9,499 of 15,897
It is juny 2017 - problems with spotify are still here.. the firmware on the fiio x5 3rd is a dissapointment...but... i like the small dude... i have hifiman he400i, sennhesier momentum2. beyerdynamic dt990 250 ohm , many iems --- the amp stage is just ok for me... i have questions for the kernel, firmware changing sound .... i have 1.1.5 firmware with 1.0.9 kernel, i think sounding more warm for me, the 1.1.4 sounded, strange on hifiman he400i - vocals like atificial... has anybody + - same experiences with changing firmwares? or big placebo bible thema? anybody who will Fiio x5 3rd gen ROOT, xposed, greenify... - i dont like to have twrp recovery - i still wont ota updates... ROOTING FIIO X5 -- http://fiio.me/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=41935
WOKING very well... when supersume not working, the supersumeA will 100 percent work...

Last edited:
Jun 5, 2017 at 9:29 AM Post #9,500 of 15,897
Alt-J new album and Sgt. Pepper's anniversary edition on my X5iii now, let's get this baby sing. Good music coming my way.

Jun 5, 2017 at 9:58 AM Post #9,501 of 15,897
Dear friend,

While in Android mode, Pull down the Quick Settings menu from the top of the touchscreen and tap on the “Android Mode” icon; the player will prompt you on whether to switch the mode. Press OK to switch the X5 to Pure Music mode, allowing uninterrupted music enjoyment with the built in FiiO Music app. The X5 should restart in Pure Music mode after this.

Best regards
@FiiO and others, it is usually a good idea to read past questions until the end of new posts and then go back and answer ones that haven't already been answered several times with the correct information. OP asked, received the correct answer, responded and then got the same answer several times. Just a public service message.

Jun 5, 2017 at 11:43 AM Post #9,503 of 15,897
Jun 5, 2017 at 2:59 PM Post #9,505 of 15,897
B&H in NYC, if you dont live in NJ or NY, no sales tax, free shipping, $399
And if you have an issue with it be prepared for a long wait to return it, have them mess around for a few days until you call and then they mysteriously ship out a replacement on the super slowest method they can find. Just went through this with a FIIO M3 gift to someone, ugh, never again.

Sky By Gramophone if a far better alternative IMO and you can talk to a super responsive lady in customer service.

Jun 5, 2017 at 5:54 PM Post #9,506 of 15,897
I think worst components there are software and RAM. RAM too small. Software at present can't utilize full potential of X5 3.

I am very confused by what you are doing on a music player that requires more than 1GB of RAM. I have streamed media from the net to a bluetooth speaker, and played very high resolution audio with background tasks and never encountered an issue that more memory would resolve. This is not a general purpose device like a phone or tablet. It plays music and that is all it is designed to do.

rick-and-morty-butter-robot-what-is-my-purpose-what-is-my-purpose-you-play-music.jpg

Jun 5, 2017 at 7:20 PM Post #9,507 of 15,897
I am very confused by what you are doing on a music player that requires more than 1GB of RAM. I have streamed media from the net to a bluetooth speaker, and played very high resolution audio with background tasks and never encountered an issue that more memory would resolve. This is not a general purpose device like a phone or tablet. It plays music and that is all it is designed to do.

rick-and-morty-butter-robot-what-is-my-purpose-what-is-my-purpose-you-play-music.jpg
That's my only complaint is the RAM should have been 2gbs. I have the Onkyo DP-X1 which has 2gbs and works perfectly with ZERO lag. The X5 3 does lag when moving around through the menus. I do have one more complaint which is the power button, it seems a bit week.

Jun 5, 2017 at 8:06 PM Post #9,508 of 15,897
That's my only complaint is the RAM should have been 2gbs. I have the Onkyo DP-X1 which has 2gbs and works perfectly with ZERO lag. The X5 3 does lag when moving around through the menus. I do have one more complaint which is the power button, it seems a bit week.

I think that is likely to be either a CPU performance or software maturity issue. I believe that the CPU governor is set to power saving (for obvious reasons) as those who have rooted and tinkered have garnered better general performance. If you were experiencing severe lag switching between apps, that would be a different matter, but again, this is a single purpose device.

Jun 5, 2017 at 10:32 PM Post #9,509 of 15,897
For the Neutron users, how do I get the screen to turn off automatically? The screen never sleeps for me. I've not tried with Fiio Music, just wondered if anyone has seen this and found a solution. Thanks.

Jun 6, 2017 at 2:31 AM Post #9,510 of 15,897
Anybody has a solution for Spotify offline content problem? Whenever I turn off the device, all my downloaded content is gone. Moreover, content stays in memory, I can see it via memory menu. This is frustrating.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back