Fiio X5 3rd gen || 2x AKM 4490 || Balanced Out || DSD || DXD | DTS | Android || Dual Card Slot
Apr 21, 2017 at 4:12 AM Post #7,922 of 15,899
  ^^ Thank you. I really feel confused between Fiio X5 3rd gen & dx 80.

No worries. I would really suggest you giving them both a try first but if you don't have that luxury then I would probably just think about which features you would like to expect from a DAP and what type of sound signature you're expecting as both of them really are two different sounding DAPs.

Apr 21, 2017 at 4:26 AM Post #7,923 of 15,899
  No worries. I would really suggest you giving them both a try first but if you don't have that luxury then I would probably just think about which features you would like to expect from a DAP and what type of sound signature you're expecting as both of them really are two different sounding DAPs.

Just my 3 cents :) X5 III architecture much more sophisticated (dual amps, balanced output). Taking into account constant upgrades of software, X5 III will be brilliant in the near future. By now there is no player that can beat X5 III at this price tag (or even higher).

Apr 21, 2017 at 4:46 AM Post #7,924 of 15,899

Just my 3 cents :) X5 III architecture much more sophisticated (dual amps, balanced output). Taking into account constant upgrades of software, X5 III will be brilliant in the near future. By now there is no player that can beat X5 III at this price tag (or even higher).

Hi M. Petka,

Thanks for your information.

Did you use dx80?

Apr 21, 2017 at 4:55 AM Post #7,927 of 15,899
Can your S8 drive a 300ohm headphone? These can't be identical the drive capability and tone of S8 compared to X5 III. You might be dreaming Lol

Let's be honest, many times audio players sound similar, but under closer inspection there are differences.

Maybe you need to practice reading! I specifically mentioned IEMS's, not headphones. Its obviously not going to drive demanding headphones
rolleyes.gif

I have both as you can see.

Apr 21, 2017 at 5:05 AM Post #7,928 of 15,899
I've been looking for something that speeds up the booting process and after a while i was testing a new configuration:

Now the device needs :
- 32 sec (incl.5-6 sec of holding power button) to load into android mode
- 40 sec to start playing music in Pure music mode (incl 3 sec where i was holding the power button)

here is guide:

navigate to system -> build.prop. Scroll down to the bottom and enter this line:
ro.config.hw_quickpoweron=true

and or if you want to stop displaying of boot animation:

debug.sf.nobootanimation=1

in my test i had both set on.

now my build file contains:

#MODS
#BOOTUP FASTER
ro.config.hw_quickpoweron=true
debug.sf.nobootanimation=1
persist.sys.shutdown.mode=hibernate
ro.config.hw_fast_dormancy=1
# Battery save
pm.sleep_mode=1
ro.ril.disable.power.collapse=0
profiler.force_disable_err_rpt=1
profiler.force_disable_ulog=1
dalvik.vm.checkjni=false
dalvik.vm.execution-mode=int:jit
ro.ril.power_collapse=1
power_supply.wakeup=enable
ro.mot.eri.losalert.delay=1000
ro.config.hw_fast_dormancy=1
ro.config.hw_power_saving=1

Personally, I would not root an X5 just to gain 10s start time.
40s sounds good, without rooting I'm below 50s ...

There might be other reasons to root though, but start speed could not be one ...
40s is a long time, 50s is a long time ... so, no big difference ...

Apr 21, 2017 at 5:25 AM Post #7,929 of 15,899

16 bit FLAC Avicii hey brother (because it had clear vocals) even if i listen to old music FLAC music it becomes just as clear, (volume was matched but not properly, because it impossible to match the x5 exactly because its less neutral, than the laptop or the usb dac/amp

the vocals on the x5III are not detailed they sound thicker yet more congested (difference is very clear) and i find my self wanting to raise the volume and when i do it becomes fatiguing

i used to own a fiio x3 and yes i thought it sounded good with my old hd598 (but i don't have them any more), after i upgraded to the 700 and using the fiio x5 i didn't like it from the beginning thats why i ordered the V20 because i compared the laptop earlier (15" retina MacBook pro) and the laptop was clearer , so as the usb dac/amp (you really need a neutral source) and the fiio x5 is clearly worst player i had

but again I'm not an audiophile.

Have you play with EQ and or Viper effects? To my ears just  about any DAP that I own (and I own a few) sounds uninspiring when tried to listen with EQ off. However, having an EQ on all of them is a master stroke. So, go on my son, indulge yourself and fiddle with them sliders until X5III causes your jaw to drop. If there is a one thing that I simply adore on X5III it is it's lush and magnificent sound quality. When paired with my Momentum 2.0 Over Ear it is like going on Interstellar travel.
    I can't say that I agree with your dislike of X5lll's sound quality but I do have comparison story to yours. Couple of years ago I've purchased Philips Fidelio L1 headphones based on all the raving reviews (including Till's from Inner Fidelity!) and my brief test drive in the store. Well, after prolong use at home and more than enough hours used to burn them in, I just wanted to throw the damn things in the rubbish bin, because no matter what player and/or headphone amp I've tried to use them with, they just sounded veil and utterly boring and dull - no trace of musicality everyone was raving about. So, I just left them next to my laptop (HP 17 inch top of the line with Beats logo - not that I care about soundcard in my laptop since it's not my source for music listening) and one day I just want it to test some new tunes . Voila, Fidelio sounded hell of a lot better with my crappy laptop  sound card than with any of my DAPs. That didn't even for a second caused me to discount any of my DAPs, it actually convinced me that Philips Fidelio L1 is nowhere near HiFi grade headphone as some folk might want us to believe. All my DAPs, bar AK70 (that little person is very picky and just does not like any of my headphones without using a headphone amp) sound brilliant with all of my headphones. Hope you understand my point. Don't be silly keep X5III, it is phenomenal.

Apr 21, 2017 at 6:08 AM Post #7,933 of 15,899
  Quote:
There might be other reasons to root though,

I've just managed to run all Viper Effects without payment
devil_face.gif

Viper FX installed via flashing a zip in recovery or did you try their apk on their website?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back