Fiio X5 3rd gen || 2x AKM 4490 || Balanced Out || DSD || DXD | DTS | Android || Dual Card Slot
Feb 17, 2017 at 11:06 PM Post #2,761 of 15,899
Given Fiio's history with initial DAP releases I would be inclined to wait for solid feedback before taking the plunge.  While I am glad to see Fiio is taking its time with this release vs previous releases it is still no guarantee.   Taking a flyer on the X1-II at $150.00 is one thing but this is like 3.5x the price of the X1-II and the X7 has not exactly been a homerun.

Not sure who you're trying to convince here, me or yourself. :) I for one is just what I was waiting for. And most reviews settle my doubts already. So I click buy once it hits Canada

Feb 17, 2017 at 11:26 PM Post #2,762 of 15,899
X5III Unboxing video. Initial impressions are favorable.

Feb 18, 2017 at 4:02 AM Post #2,763 of 15,899
I auditioned a pair of FLC8S, and I was quite impressed with them. I was able to pick up a "near new" pair off of EBay for $211/shipped. Something like that may be worth considering. I searched for a good week, and fell into this pair.

What with the multitude of filters, the tailoring of sound SHOULD get you pretty close to what you are looking for. I am quite impressed by the FLC8S.

Thanks a lot. How is the fit and do you get tight seal easily? Cause I often don't get tight seal with over the ear IEMs.

Feb 18, 2017 at 4:49 AM Post #2,765 of 15,899
I listen to all kinds of music, I have a lot of classic collection. How well ie800 fare against SE846? I live in Hyderabad, India, it's very hard find an used pair here. Please recommend me some more.
I used to have Sony XBA 4, does A2 sound better than XBA4? I listen to all kinds music, I listen to classic a lot if that helps.
I auditioned a pair of FLC8S, and I was quite impressed with them. I was able to pick up a "near new" pair off of EBay for $211/shipped. Something like that may be worth considering. I searched for a good week, and fell into this pair.

What with the multitude of filters, the tailoring of sound SHOULD get you pretty close to what you are looking for. I am quite impressed by the FLC8S
I loved my xb90ex and they broke. I got CKS77 but they not in the same league as the xb90ex. The highs on the Sony's were not upto my taste though.
I absolutely loved the FLC8S. I preferred them over the 846 even. Unfortunately I had to send them back due to fit issues but I still miss them.
aaahh, that is the only problem for me too with these over the ear IEMs. I do not get a perfect fit easily and it always takes too much effort.
Thanks a lot. How is the fit and do you get tight seal easily? Cause I often don't get tight seal with over the ear IEMs.

If I may suggest, can we keep IEM specific questions with no reference to the X5iii to a minimum in the X5iii thread? I'm sure there would be plenty of people with direct experience regarding different IEMs and how to fit them in the appropriate threads, or in a PM.

Cheers.

:)

Feb 18, 2017 at 6:25 AM Post #2,767 of 15,899
If I may suggest, can we keep IEM specific questions with no reference to the X5iii to a minimum in the X5iii thread? I'm sure there would be plenty of people with direct experience regarding different IEMs and how to fit them in the appropriate threads, or in a PM.

Cheers.

smily_headphones1.gif

That would be a pretty good idea as the number of IEMs is forever growing and we're going to get lost in the endless vortex of IEM conversation 
eek.gif

FiiO X5-3 looks like it came equipped with a lot of extras in it's box and it also looks like it's one of the best packaged DAPs on market 

The idea of having a leather case in the package works great for Romanian customers as many get those, they get great novelty to the player and enhance the usage experience 
beyersmile.png

I remember that with X5 first generation, the leather housing was almost always sold out the fist day an import came with those. Really glad we get to have one in the package! 

Feb 18, 2017 at 6:34 AM Post #2,768 of 15,899

Cheers.

:)

My apologies, and yes, will do.

Feb 18, 2017 at 7:45 AM Post #2,770 of 15,899
Hi everyone,

If you live in Europe and want to buy a Fiio X5 3rd gen there is actually a group buy here -> http://www.tellementnomade.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=47&t=16322

The discount is about 20% for 30 buyers and we are actually 25. The starting price is at 469€.
So -20% = 375.20€.

Please visit the link for futhers informations.

Cheers

Update! Now we have unlocked -20% of discount so the X5 3rd 375,20€.
We are trying to achieve the objectives of -25% discount , 10 buyers is missing to unlock the discount. If we succeed the Fiio X5 3rd will cost 351€.

Son-video.com could ship in europe.

Regards

Hi i wish to add to thisgroup , i have seen thelink but cause french language i haven't understood how i can do
so if someone can help me thanks
Gerardo

Feb 18, 2017 at 8:18 AM Post #2,772 of 15,899
Update! Now we have unlocked -20% of discount so the X5 3rd 375,20€.
We are trying to achieve the objectives of -25% discount , 10 buyers is missing to unlock the discount. If we succeed the Fiio X5 3rd will cost 351€.

Son-video.com could ship in europe.

Regards

Thanks @kazuya95, I registered on the forum and added my reservation, now all I have to do is sit and wait until they ask for the payment, right?

Feb 18, 2017 at 8:41 AM Post #2,773 of 15,899
  Theo

X5iii coax to iDSD definitely working.  I just used FiiO's cable and a short interconnect.  Working fine :)

Could you please expand a little and let us know what kind of cable/interconnect did you use? I have a micro iDSD BL and I'm planning on trying out the X5iii, but I would like to make sure about the digital connection with the micro. Thanks!

Feb 18, 2017 at 9:16 AM Post #2,774 of 15,899
Hi
i live in italy and i wish to add to this group but cause french language i haven't understood how i can do
if someone can help me thank you so much

Reading it fast... in order to apply to the limited offer you have to be a member. The membership subscription is costing 5 Euros.
Initial fare: 469 Euros
Discount: 20% or 25%
Additional Costs: Paypal/Membership/ etc..
By comparison Audiogarden is actually advertising it in France at 459E with limited discounted pre orders at 419E.

I am expecting such kind of promotions among all FiiO retailers in the following days/weeks :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back