Fiio X5 3rd gen || 2x AKM 4490 || Balanced Out || DSD || DXD | DTS | Android || Dual Card Slot
Feb 18, 2017 at 11:03 AM Post #2,777 of 15,899
Gramophone in MD, USA (listed as an authorized retailer on FiiO's site) has a small shipment coming in which they expect to have on hand by the end of this coming week.  They are taking orders now for $399 USD with free S&H (more realistically it should be called "S&H included" :) ).

https://skybygramophone.com/collections/fiio/products/copy-of-fiio-x5-3rd-generation-high-resolution-portable-music-player-rem-1-31-17

pat----

Feb 18, 2017 at 11:23 AM Post #2,778 of 15,899
  Gramophone in MD, USA (listed as an authorized retailer on FiiO's site) has a small shipment coming in which they expect to have on hand by the end of this coming week.  They are taking orders now for $399 USD with free S&H (more realistically it should be called "S&H included" :) ).

https://skybygramophone.com/collections/fiio/products/copy-of-fiio-x5-3rd-generation-high-resolution-portable-music-player-rem-1-31-17

pat----

Thanks for sharing, placed an order. Hopefully it doesn't randomly pop up on amazon in the next couple days 
biggrin.gif

Feb 18, 2017 at 11:30 AM Post #2,779 of 15,899
"Thanks for sharing, placed an order. Hopefully it doesn't randomly pop up on amazon in the next couple days :D "

I'm sure it will crush, but the as long as the price isn't above MSRP, I'm happy buying from an authorized retailer where I know I'm going to get a USA model and not an international one & therefore should have no support issues if, heaven forbid I need warranty service.

pat----

Feb 18, 2017 at 11:57 AM Post #2,780 of 15,899

pat----

"Thanks for sharing, placed an order. Hopefully it doesn't randomly pop up on amazon in the next couple days
biggrin.gif
"

I'm sure it will crush, but the as long as the price isn't above MSRP, I'm happy buying from an authorized retailer where I know I'm going to get a USA model and not an international one & therefore should have no support issues if, heaven forbid I need warranty service.

pat----

I figure it's still a good deal with the savings in taxes, shipping, and them being an authorized reseller in the U.S. 
biggrin.gif

Oh yeah, I just ordered one too...
wink_face.gif

Cheers and Thanks!
beerchug.gif

-HK sends

Feb 18, 2017 at 12:02 PM Post #2,781 of 15,899
Personally feel the X10 is better sounding than X5III. Anyone with the same thoughts?

Feb 18, 2017 at 1:36 PM Post #2,782 of 15,899
Personally feel the X10 is better sounding than X5III. Anyone with the same thoughts?

Does it do streaming music services as it doesn't look android based? If not, not an option for me.

I'm sure there's a few simple DAP's in same price bracket that will sound better than X5III but not really a true comparison.

Sound quality is obviously highly important to me but so is functionality and must do Tidal/Spotify for me.

Feb 18, 2017 at 1:50 PM Post #2,784 of 15,899

Does it do streaming music services as it doesn't look android based? If not, not an option for me.

I'm sure there's a few simple DAP's in same price bracket that will sound better than X5III but not really a true comparison.

Sound quality is obviously highly important to me but so is functionality and must do Tidal/Spotify for me.

Most of these smaller Chinese DAP makers are good and cheap but XDou has had issues with keeping DAPs updated and customer service. etc

I have yet to find a cheaper DAP then the X5 that sound better and have a good UI.

Feb 18, 2017 at 1:58 PM Post #2,785 of 15,899

I think I read somewhere in this tread that you can't play Tidal offline from SD card. Is this still the case ?.

Agree with you it's seems to be very good for the price.

Feb 18, 2017 at 2:14 PM Post #2,786 of 15,899

I personally dislike Streaming, but I still have my own feelings that X5-3 might be better based on my experience with FiiO products alone. 

Really curious to listen to both though - it's always refreshing to see interesting products! 
biggrin.gif

As for why I have my feelings that X5-3 might be better - V4A and different filter settings matter a lot; The enhancements provided by V4A could easily compete with solutions that are even more expensive, and we have Android. Having Android opens up the list of possibilities a lot for a DAP 
wink.gif

Feb 18, 2017 at 4:05 PM Post #2,789 of 15,899
  Hey guys, I really like the presentation and soundstage of the Fiio x5 2nd gen. Does anyone know how the Fiio x5 2nd gen compare to the Fiio x5 3rd gen in that aspect?

Some of the earlier reviewers said that soundstage got even better! 
cool.gif

That being said, I'm still waiting to hear and compare X5-3 to X5ii, but I a, a fan of X5ii as well so far. I hope that X5-3 made things even better!

Feb 18, 2017 at 4:21 PM Post #2,790 of 15,899

Hello!  Yes the X5 3 is Android based.  Yes it can run streaming services.  Only supports specific ones currently, but I think I saw in a video Tidal and Spotify are supported and they should be adding more.  I heard they are working on running saved streaming music offline.  I cannot answer if it has been fixed yet for sure so I will refrain from answering that further.  Also several other streaming services are supported currently  The X5 3 can play videos and photos too if you wish to do so.

Cheers

Riley

Users who are viewing this thread

Back