Fiio X5 3rd gen || 2x AKM 4490 || Balanced Out || DSD || DXD | DTS | Android || Dual Card Slot
Feb 10, 2017 at 9:15 AM Post #2,266 of 15,897
Did I see that James said that the red version will be out some time late Spring? I really like the looks of that and would be nice to have a unit that is somewhat different from the standard black of grey. I think it would be worth the wait. Has anyone seen the red version in person at any of the shows recently?

Feb 10, 2017 at 9:54 AM Post #2,269 of 15,897
Did I see that James said that the red version will be out some time late Spring? I really like the looks of that and would be nice to have a unit that is somewhat different from the standard black of grey. I think it would be worth the wait. Has anyone seen the red version in person at any of the shows recently?

I saw end of march I think :)

Feb 10, 2017 at 9:57 AM Post #2,270 of 15,897
advancedmp3 is now showing a release date of 28/2

From what I read earlier I get the impression that Fiio want to make sure that the latest firmware is stable before officially releasing the international version, so the quicker the testers complete the feedback the sooner we'll see the release. With Advanced MP3 being an authorised UK dealer (for balance the other UK dealer is EA Audio) then they are going to have to wait for officially sourced stock.

Feb 10, 2017 at 1:55 PM Post #2,275 of 15,897
Dear Craizons08,

Did you run any background APP or turn on the Wi-Fi before the battery died? For the charging time, did you use the fast charging charger?

Best regards

Hello fiio, there are no apps pre installed and I only installed online streaming aps which I have not started using it. All connections are off. And yes. I'm using a fast charging chaeger with fiio cable, I have not seen any quick charging at the bottom notification.

Feb 10, 2017 at 2:36 PM Post #2,276 of 15,897

Fiio replied to my question about hiss.  They told me the X5 3 does hiss and it is noticeable.  I notice hiss with my Shure SE846 on most sources I have. I do not have an X5 3, but I have an original X5 and hiss is kind of there, but not bad.  It is tolerable when music is playing and not too bad when no music is playing.  I have figured out that my tinnitus is being percieved as hiss.  Too many rock concerts without earplugs.  Always where them now.  I could be wrong, but I think I read somewhere in this thread that the X5 3 has louder hiss. It really depends on how sensitive you are to hiss.  I have read the SE846 has been called a hiss monster to some degree.  I am hoping this will be fixed soon on the X5 3, but I am looking at other daps right now for when I am actually ready to purchase a dap.

Cheers

Riley

To be honest, the hiss on the first gen X5 never bothered me, it was so hard to hear it compared to the background noise that the IEMs couldn't isolate 
biggrin.gif

If X5-3 is somewhere even more silent than the first generation X5, then we're all good! 

ifi thingy for hiss filtering is pretty nice as well! 

Feb 10, 2017 at 2:45 PM Post #2,277 of 15,897

To be honest, the hiss on the first gen X5 never bothered me, it was so hard to hear it compared to the background noise that the IEMs couldn't isolate 
biggrin.gif

If X5-3 is somewhere even more silent than the first generation X5, then we're all good! 

ifi thingy for hiss filtering is pretty nice as well! 

The background hiss thing never bothered me until I heard a o2, and a c5d from JDS labs. So, the x5-3 doesn't have a dark background ? I felt c5d more darker than x5 2nd gen even I have now. If x5 3rd gen is no different, I can stop reading more on this :wink:

Feb 10, 2017 at 2:52 PM Post #2,278 of 15,897
  The background hiss thing never bothered me until I heard a o2, and a c5d from JDS labs. So, the x5-3 doesn't have a dark background ? I felt c5d more darker than x5 2nd gen even I have now. If x5 3rd gen is no different, I can stop reading more on this :wink:

It's going to depend on your IEMs.  Evidently earphones like the SE846 and Andro may hiss - but they hiss with almost all sources. I haven't noticed any hiss with any of my own IEMs and so far the background (noise floor) seems to be very low.  i don't have any issues with it anyway.

If your earphones/headphones are the same as in your profile - you're not going to get hiss. The whole hiss thing has been over-blown in this thread so far.  If you took the same comments (about a couple of really sensitive earphones) and applied the same logic to every DAP, then you'd classify probably better than 80-90% of the DAPs on the market as being sub-standard ......

Of course its your choice to stick with something else.  But you'd be walking away from what I think (so far) is the finest DAP FiiO has released to date - and that includes the X7.

Feb 10, 2017 at 3:06 PM Post #2,279 of 15,897
  It's going to depend on your IEMs.  Evidently earphones like the SE846 and Andro may hiss - but they hiss with almost all sources. I haven't noticed any hiss with any of my own IEMs and so far the background (noise floor) seems to be very low.  i don't have any issues with it anyway.

If your earphones/headphones are the same as in your profile - you're not going to get hiss. The whole hiss thing has been over-blown in this thread so far.  If you took the same comments (about a couple of really sensitive earphones) and applied the same logic to every DAP, then you'd classify probably better than 80-90% of the DAPs on the market as being sub-standard ......

Of course its your choice to stick with something else.  But you'd be walking away from what I think (so far) is the finest DAP FiiO has released to date - and that includes the X7.

I am sure that I wont hear a hiss out of any of my headphones, But you dont really need to hear a hiss to get an idea about the background darkness. :wink: To me, I like hearing more nuances in a totally darker background, than enjoying the overall musicality. To me, the x5 2nd gen's dac out to even my home integrated amp, sounded cleaner than its inbuit amp. Also, amping on the go, is a no-go in my case. My c5d hardly leaves home. And I hardly use it, as I listen to speakers more at home. So, just a matter of preference depending on personal use case. 

Feb 10, 2017 at 3:10 PM Post #2,280 of 15,897
I'd still suggest seeing if you can get on a review tour - or see if you can get one to demo.  I was listening to my HD800S last night - no extra amp - pure bliss.  But then again, same goes for my U6 IEMs, or the Curves, or anything else I've tried
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back