Fiio X5 3rd gen || 2x AKM 4490 || Balanced Out || DSD || DXD | DTS | Android || Dual Card Slot
May 1, 2020 at 9:49 AM Post #15,588 of 15,899
Dear friend,

Please PM us your email address. When and where did you buy the X5III? Sorry for bringing inconvenience to you.

Best regards
Dear friend,

Please PM us your email address. When and where did you buy the X5III? Sorry for bringing inconvenience to you.

Best regards

Dear Fiio customer support,
I have a similar Issue with my X5III battery.
Thanks for assistance

May 2, 2020 at 7:45 AM Post #15,589 of 15,899
Is it possible to use a mac to upgrade firmware on the X5iii? I don't have access to a Windows device.
https://fidelizer-audio.com/flashing-fidelizer-purist-rom-firmware-on-mac-linux-guide/
Both TWRP and boot.img can be done the same way. @WitzyZed is definitely a better advisor, my English is poor as a poor google translator
Link for FiiO firmware 1.2.1 or 1.2.3 + firmware upgrade tool and driver for flash ROM
http://fiio.me/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=41890

Last edited:
May 5, 2020 at 10:26 AM Post #15,590 of 15,899
Hi all. I have a Fiio X5iii from two years ago. Yesterday I updated the firmware to 1.2.5 and FiiO Music App 1.1.9, and to my dismay the beautiful blue VU meter display is no longer available when playing tracks. What's the problem? Is the VU meter permanently dropped?

A second question: Is the Neutron player better than the native Fiio player app sonically? Are there other advantages of installing Neutron on X5iii?

May 5, 2020 at 3:57 PM Post #15,591 of 15,899
Hi all. I have a Fiio X5iii from two years ago. Yesterday I updated the firmware to 1.2.5 and FiiO Music App 1.1.9, and to my dismay the beautiful blue VU meter display is no longer available when playing tracks. What's the problem? Is the VU meter permanently dropped?

A second question: Is the Neutron player better than the native Fiio player app sonically? Are there other advantages of installing Neutron on X5iii?

Hey there! You're certainly not alone in dismay over lack of VU meter in current FM. It was at least something to look at. You can reinstall FiiO Music 3.4.3 side by side with current version, however.

Neutron is definitely worth a look and a listen. I've removed FiiO Music from my player if that's any indication.

May 5, 2020 at 4:55 PM Post #15,592 of 15,899
Vehicle Mod (without FiiO Music not working) and VU meter are the only reasons why I still have it installed. The most beautiful for me is from the white theme, lazy is the biggest. The music also has an optical effect haha ..
1.png2.png3.png

May 6, 2020 at 3:03 AM Post #15,593 of 15,899
Hey there! You're certainly not alone in dismay over lack of VU meter in current FM. It was at least something to look at. You can reinstall FiiO Music 3.4.3 side by side with current version, however.

Neutron is definitely worth a look and a listen. I've removed FiiO Music from my player if that's any indication.
Thank you so much, I have 3.4.3 installed and now I can use those VU meters again! I will try out Neutron also.

May 6, 2020 at 6:57 AM Post #15,595 of 15,899
Now I can see these beautiful meters again. So Neutron can be used in Vehicle mode?
Unfortunately, this is not possible. Similar to Pure Music mode. Someone would have to reprogram FiiO instructions for these modes

May 6, 2020 at 8:09 AM Post #15,596 of 15,899
Well "Car Mode" exists in FiiO Music 1.1.8 & newer. Changes the UI to full screen with more minimal 'now playing' screen, bigger buttons, etc.

"Vehicle Mode" existed as a means to turn the device on/off when USB power is present/removed, say when you turned the ignition in your car on/off. (Or at least that's all FiiO reported it did)

With my device:
  • FW v1.2.5
  • Custom Kernel v3.4.1
  • No FiiO Music app, new or old (no Pure Music Mode either)
  • Vehicle Mode 'On'
  • Car Charging 'Off'
Player does not begin any sort of Vehicle Mode auto-shutdown as it would normally when USB power is removed.

But it DOES boot up fully when I plug it into USB power from fully powered off state.

Last edited:
May 6, 2020 at 10:13 AM Post #15,598 of 15,899
Heavens no! :beyersmile:

What I'd give to be a marsupial, this thing would live in the pouch.

May 7, 2020 at 5:32 AM Post #15,600 of 15,899
UAPP has a great and simple UPnP renderer with a complete library of music without conversion immediately available. Getting Neutron into streamer mode is a trip around the world and only loses what it loses itself, I couldn't get another mode out of it. But maybe in a car and the like it's easier. But it can convert to LPCM 16/24 bit, Ogg etc. And he only communicated with Neutron in my Samsung, UAPP or Foobar didn't even see him. Maybe via ftp in Foobar.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back