1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Fiio X5 3rd gen || 2x AKM 4490 || Balanced Out || DSD || DXD | DTS | Android || Dual Card Slot

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by xloud, Dec 8, 2016.
First

Back
1026 1027 1028 1029 1030 1031 1032 1033 1034 1035
  1. Moosbrugger
    I'll give this a shot. Doesn't every need an app for this? Or do you all just drag over the files you want using Finder or Explorer? I'm surprised Google doesn't make something for its Android system.

2. WitzyZed
    Assuming you're using a mac, those scripts should work with iTunes/Music app. The paid app is standalone.

3. MinnieOne
    Gave up on Mac a few years ago. On the PC side I started with MediaMonkey for sync but switched to MusicBee which has proven to be the best Windows music player I've ever used. Free and the developer somehow fixes things and keeps it going. The sync works but after loading up my music I found it easier to just go to the recently added screen and manually click on an album to have it sent to the player.

4. brick42
    i messed around with musicbee for awhile but ultimately i couldn't tweak it to my satisfaction and it does a terrible job with DLNA which messes up the NAS setup i was shooting for

currently using JRiver and like it quite a bit

5. aangen
    I thought the same thing when I switched to the XDP-100. But after a while I started to miss the easy going nature of the X5III. The Pioneer was a pain in the butt for me. I finally broke down and bought a brand new LG V30 for under $180 and now i'm set. Been set for months. The Pioneer will not likely ever see use again. The X5III most likely will. I still have an X5 and an X3. And three iPods. Bah. LOL

6. Preachy1
    What do you dislike about the Pioneer? Just curious. I like the bigger screen, and the touch functionality is better than the FiiO (to me, anyway).

7. BobSmith8901
    Not sure anyone has had this issue with Tidal.

After I did a recovery mode data and cache wipe yesterday I reinstalled a few streaming apps on my X5III (stock FW 1.25) such as Tidal, Spotify, etc. from the Play Store. They were the latest versions. When I then tried to login to Tidal, after I entered my username, the "continue" button did not become active and it was impossible to move onto the next step of entering a password. I tried everything, wiped cache, reinstalled, etc., same thing.

In FiiO general discussion (on the FiiO website) I discovered a few people had had the same issue and this has been a problem for the X5 since late fall 2019 at some Tidal Android version post- 2.13. Apparently affects the X7II also.

Someone posted that installing version 2.13 .apk normalized it again and they were able to login--worked for me too. After I had successfully logged-in I updated via the Play Store to v. 2.20xx and it stayed logged-in.

Tidal issue or FiiO issue...? who knows? Anyway, for anyone having to reinstall Tidal for some reason, something to keep in mind.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2020
  8. mitland
    There used to be 3 icons in a row at the bottom of the X5iii screen. A triangle, circle and a square. What happened to them and is there a way to get them back? It's a pain to navigate when on the android side without them.

9. Preachy1
    go to Settings > Display, and check the option at the bottom of the menu to Enable Bottom Navigation bar

10. Dobrescu George
    A new retrospective video, about FiiO X5 MK III :)

This is a take after a long while of having written the review about it, as it was my first ever written review officially on Audiophile-Heaven :)

11. MinnieOne
    After searching and trying many pairs of BT ear buds with the X5iii I received a gift of Soundpeats Truengine SE. So I had to hint to my wife who relayed to my son that I needed earbuds. They are about $50 and for my purposes they sound pretty good with aptX. They pair easily. Great for exercise use.

Not much of a review and it's a genuine unpaid endorsement.

First

Back
1026 1027 1028 1029 1030 1031 1032 1033 1034 1035