FiiO X5 2nd gen Impressions and Discussion thread
Feb 14, 2018 at 9:27 AM Post #6,766 of 7,088
I believe that the purpose of this thread is to discuss issues and other matters that are of common interest to FIIO 2nd gen owners or potential ones.
Most of the latest posts IMHO belong to privete discussion between owners that would be better to be done through PM or email or chatting or whatever .
I have subscribed to the thread and get notifications that are totally irrelevant to the purpose of my subscription and that is quite annoying.

Feb 14, 2018 at 10:58 AM Post #6,767 of 7,088
I believe that the purpose of this thread is to discuss issues and other matters that are of common interest to FIIO 2nd gen owners or potential ones.
Most of the latest posts IMHO belong to privete discussion between owners that would be better to be done through PM or email or chatting or whatever .
I have subscribed to the thread and get notifications that are totally irrelevant to the purpose of my subscription and that is quite annoying.

FiiO X5ii has reached EOL a while ago, and there'll be a new X5-4 in the future, so I guess it is normal, but the conversation is related to the thread, only that nothing new can happen to X5ii since it reached EOL and most people already have other DAPs

IF you can get an X5ii now, it should be an amazing deal thoguh

Feb 15, 2018 at 12:54 AM Post #6,768 of 7,088

You can change your notification settings to be less intrusive also.

Feb 16, 2018 at 2:33 AM Post #6,769 of 7,088
My point still stands ! We all are having a conversation which has nothing to do with the purpose of this thread.
Please do not reply to this.
I already have unsubscribed so as not to get all this irrelevant notifications

Feb 17, 2018 at 1:33 AM Post #6,771 of 7,088
My point still stands ! We all are having a conversation which has nothing to do with the purpose of this thread.
Please do not reply to this.
I already have unsubscribed so as not to get all this irrelevant notifications

That is one solution.

Feb 17, 2018 at 6:05 AM Post #6,772 of 7,088

He comes to here with his 20 posts and tells us what to do. lol

Na Na Na Na......Na Na Na Na..... Hey Hey....... Goodbye!

Feb 17, 2018 at 9:12 AM Post #6,773 of 7,088
(Desperate attempt to get back on topic)

Does the FiiO X5ii allow one to search for a character string? For example, if I search on “Bea,”I might get my Beatles songs plus songs from the Bea Arthur TV show in’s my library. I only know of the initial letter search.

Feb 17, 2018 at 9:22 AM Post #6,774 of 7,088

Does the FiiO X5ii allow one to search for a character string? For example, if I search on “Bea,”I might get my Beatles songs plus songs from the Bea Arthur TV show in’s my library. I only know of the initial letter search.

That doesn't work as far as I know, only first letter search :)

Feb 17, 2018 at 9:53 AM Post #6,775 of 7,088

You can only do 1st letter, or 1st number (eg if Artist was 3 Doors down, you can start search, click next and it changes to n umber search). No multiple letters.

Feb 17, 2018 at 4:55 PM Post #6,776 of 7,088
Has anyone else noticed this player adds a slight sepia tone (brown) to black & white photos?

I've been making some custom themes with paint.net that I don't wish to be warmed up.
It's hard to notice (if at all) with color pics.

Apr 7, 2018 at 6:02 PM Post #6,777 of 7,088
Just reporting that after a week of use I have two 400gb cards working with the X5ii. Formatting a card with the X5ii didn't work as only 200gb showed as available afterwards, so I reformatted to the card default exFat and given that I only ever use folder view I don't expect this will cause any issues.

Apr 7, 2018 at 6:09 PM Post #6,778 of 7,088
Sorry to make this a separate post but it is a different issue. I have recently started using the X5ii variable line out into some Genelec 8010A power monitors (no volume control on them) and it works very well. I will say that where with headphone out I never noticed any blips between songs, it seems for some albums especially where it wasn't ripped from a CD (still researching this however), there can be a tiny dull click between songs. I assume this is a line out issue more than anything; I have lowered the input sensitivity of the monitors as well but it is still there.

Given that variable line out isn't always available, I am curious if anyone is using fixed line out DAPs with perhaps some kind of digital volume control app for a preamp as a solution. I am starting to think about upgrades to the X5ii but am really liking the variable line out with a powered monitor setup; and so this type of fixed line out solution might open up more options.

Last edited:
Apr 7, 2018 at 6:52 PM Post #6,779 of 7,088
Sometimes I experience the same click between tracks using headphones. So far, I haven’t been able to identify which kind of audio files is experincing such behaviour. Fortunately, the click is low enough so I cannot consider it a problem.

Apr 7, 2018 at 9:20 PM Post #6,780 of 7,088
Sometimes I experience the same click between tracks using headphones. So far, I haven’t been able to identify which kind of audio files is experincing such behaviour. Fortunately, the click is low enough so I cannot consider it a problem.

I would get occasional clicks or micro-gaps using FLAC files. I changed to using Apple Lossless on my X5-II and have never had an issue since.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back